You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chain_shot

VERMONT VRS MONTANA

9 comments in this topic

[PIMPS]
Members
1,766 posts

Which one wins?

I ask this since I am still scratching my head how wg sees a slow ship at t10.

[OIL-1]
Members
1,291 posts

23 knots MAX speed? Uh.. No.
40s reload? ROFL.

But if you're one of those guys that likes to drop anchor, eat damage, and die,
then yeah, I could see it.

[VORTX]
Members
411 posts
6,291 battles

I don’t have either and don’t plan on having either soon; but good god. Vermont is UGLY. Four funnels?! wth it’s not the titanic it’s supposed to be a 1940s jumbo battleship. Minnesota looks good at least. Jumbo Cali. Anyways. GL, HH in your thick girls. 

Members
322 posts
5,554 battles

Vermont's 457s could be fairly strong compared to Montana's 406s. Factor in 6th slot upgrades and I think she could still be quite capable with improved reload or accuracy, and the 457s may be more accessible to captains considering the pen threshold. I've honestly seen too many Montys shooting at the bow of a battleship or heavy cruiser and just not generating any real damage.

Though speed is an issue, I could see the Vermont being played from a more central position on the map. You would have to play a lot more defensively than you would something like the Montana, which would cut down on her versatility, but I personally think that those 457s demand respect.

All-in-all I'd say it's a mixed bag. You're going to have Montys that overextend and die and you'll have Vermonts that might just stay alive long enough to make a difference. Take your pick :cap_hmm:

[PIMPS]
Members
1,766 posts

I dunno.. I see vermont play as some for of fortress style because she cannot chase ships down or adapt to a moving battle map. I am thiking her lack of agilility is going to get her killed alot faster than those 457 reload and sink stuff.

[SALTY]
Beta Testers
538 posts
7,299 battles

This is like asking which is better between getting tuberculosis and getting diphtheria.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[GLF]
Members
1,044 posts
17,196 battles
11 hours ago, Chain_shot said:

I am thiking her lack of agilility is going to get her killed alot faster than those 457 reload and sink stuff. 

I enjoy the old slow standard BBs.  You do have to think ahead of where you want to be located in 5-10 minutes.  I think if I play this one like I would a NM or Colo, it should do alright?   Just don't leave the box defined by C3-H8 in any given map and you're never too far away from the action.  The bigger problem is the fires.   I'd like to see something done with the DCP having a longer action time than normal for how much these new BBs seem to pay for their guns.   I plan on rolling forward with them as soon as I can get my hands on them.  I already have three 19pt captains ready to go.  

Edited by AnimaL21

[SALVO]
Members
2,518 posts
6,689 battles

I don't know, I think these new US BBs are way to soft for how slow they are.   I only faced one directly once. In my Hindenburg.   He was a unicum too.   I just kite  farmed the thing from max distance and he had to turn go dark and go to another spot on the map. 

Especially for something like the Hindenburg  a big slow and soft target like that is the ideal victim.