You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Navis_Nobilite

Just finished stage 18 for dockyard

12 comments in this topic

[COOP2]
Alpha Tester
332 posts
3,678 battles

Is 10,000 coal worth the 1750 gold? Not really sure it is. I haven't heard much good about the Anchorage, so I'm really iffy about buying it. Kinda think I'll just stop here. At least I got a bunch of flags.

[OIL-1]
Members
1,291 posts

Don't buy the coal. Don't buy the Anchorage. You did good. Stop there.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,947 posts
26,466 battles
Just now, z9_ said:

Don't buy the coal. Don't buy the Anchorage. You did good. Stop there.

Did the early boost with doubloons that were effectively just lying around.

OP, don’t buy doubloons to get Anchorage if there is any question about being able to afford to do so.

Do you have/like Buffalo? If not, then Anchorage is just a slightly squishier T8 Buffalo with torpedoes.

• Cool 1

[POSM]
Members
139 posts
1,994 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Did the early boost with doubloons that were effectively just lying around.

OP, don’t buy doubloons to get Anchorage if there is any question about being able to afford to do so.

Do you have/like Buffalo? If not, then Anchorage is just a slightly squishier T8 Buffalo with torpedoes.

Other than the HP (and AA) how is anchorage squishier than Buffalo? It looks like both have the same armor, I don’t have Buffalo yet and haven’t really player anchorage outside of coop yet, so I can’t actually compare them, but on paper it looks about the same but you get the benefit of smoke to disengage. 
I bought the early boosts since any tier 8 premium for 3k doubloons would be worth it to me. 

[A-I-M]
Members
3,450 posts
14,133 battles
6 hours ago, Navis_Nobilite said:

Is 10,000 coal worth the 1750 gold? Not really sure it is. I haven't heard much good about the Anchorage, so I'm really iffy about buying it. Kinda think I'll just stop here. At least I got a bunch of flags.

10,000 coal is about a week of grinding daily containers. Save the doubloons.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,246 posts
19,525 battles

You're talking about $8 worth of money to get a T8 premium ship, plus 10k coal, which is more than half the cost of a radar module or a smoke module.

You can't get a lunch at mcdonalds for $7.00

You will have a premium ship with premium skin that will always make a profit. 

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[ARGSY]
Members
21,707 posts
15,757 battles
2 hours ago, Cit_the_bed said:

You're talking about $8 worth of money to get a T8 premium ship, plus 10k coal, which is more than half the cost of a radar module or a smoke module.

You can't get a lunch at mcdonalds for $7.00

You will have a premium ship with premium skin that will always make a profit. 

Agree.

You pay 3500 dubs to get a Tier 8 premium ship, a captain worth 1500 dubs, and a port slot worth 300 dubs.

She's unique among US heavy cruisers in-game in having torpedoes and smoke. The only other US cruiser which does that is Flint, Atlanta's cousin, and she's a light cruiser with 5-inch guns. Very different beast. And not currently available.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles
15 hours ago, Navis_Nobilite said:

I got the Anchorage and think it is a good ship. She is basically a Buffalo at Tier 8 with smoke and torpedoes.  

As far as value, 3500 dubs is a very low price for a Tier 8 premium so it seems a damn shame to grind that much, only to pass on the ship at the end.  

[FOXY]
Members
1,198 posts
5,484 battles

If it makes any difference, i love my Anchorage. Her guns are nice, accurate at range enough that i can do decent damage and her armor makes up for her slower speed. The smoke and Torps is also a nice combo. I will say she falls prey to ships higher tier than her if played wrong, but so does the Baltimore.