You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HannibalCane

Kansas - Awful -

163 comments in this topic

[7-TH]
Members
240 posts
16,044 battles

So I did a bunch of Co-Op this morning and got the Kansas. Played 10 random games after I put on the perma camo and won 60% of them. It is awful.

• The reload is so slow you get one shot at a ship before they go behind islands or turn bow on, where you can do nothing to them.
  • You reload is so slow you will not get a lot of seconds shot and you will miss a bunch of snap shot opportunities.
  • The number of kills you will get will go down because you will almost always be in the middle of loading shells when a ship with low HP appears.
  • The awful reload means you will rarely get to finish a ship off.
  • The guns are inaccurate and do mediocre damage which having 12 of them does not make up for unless they are broad to you at short/med range.
  • If you have HE loaded and the enemy ships start to turn around, you will never be able to change ammo type and fire before they are angled again, unless you have Halsey.
  • If you are forced to angle or bow tank you have 6 guns with a 40 second reload- worst in tier 8 - and if you try to get your rear guns into action you will get penned like crazy.
  • Smart players will just kite you and burn you down and if you try to break it off they can turn around and chase you down easily.
  • You are so slow, are such a big target and have such poor reload you cannot kite at all.
  • If a DD gets close enough to torp rush you, you will get 1 shot, most likely with only 6 guns and you will almost always die.
  • Every fire spammer who can will shoot at you. You are the easiest ship in the tier to hit.
  • You only have 1000 more HP than an upgraded NC which is faster, has better guns, better rate of fire and can angle tank far better than the Kansas.
  • You are the slowest tier 8 ship and what you will find is your own team will use you as the meat shield and there is little you can do about.
  • The guns are so bad I have missed easy shots at 8K on broadside cruisers/BB's. It's not just me, strong players on Youtube have had same issue.

To sum it up. Awful. I would never get this ship if it was not free and I very unhappy I got the perma camo for it. It would have been better to spend the Tokens on other things. I can think of no reason to play this ship over any other tier 8 BB. It really is that bad.

It is worth it to do the directives to get the ship so you don't have to grind the points for it but I would skip the perma camo, I doubt you will want to play the ship enough for it to be worthwhile unless you like the look of it.

Edited by HannibalCane
  • Cool 20
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
826 posts
7,409 battles

I certainly am not excited about it, but at least it's free. Mine will likely be a port queen, and only dusted off for snowflakes.

2 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

Well, at least it saves FXP on the way towards Vermont.

That it does, and I'll likely do the same just to have the all the USN lines filled out again.

Edited by Diesel_Thunder

[O_S_D]
Members
164 posts
17,101 battles

I figured this ship would suck, so I am using my tokens to buy the Stars & Stripes camos instead of the perma camo for it.

One thing I am curious about is how you only managed to win 60% of your co-op games?

• Haha 1

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
826 posts
7,409 battles
3 minutes ago, Tingent said:

I figured this ship would suck, so I am using my tokens to buy the Stars & Stripes camos instead of the perma camo for it.

One thing I am curious about is how you only managed to win 60% of your co-op games?

I'm willing to bet he ground it out in Co-op for the directives and than took Kansas out into Randoms.

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
31 minutes ago, HannibalCane said:

So I did a bunch of Co-Op this morning and got the Kansas. Played 10 games in it and won 60%. It is awful.

60% in Co-Op?

That is awful.

• Cool 1

[7-TH]
Members
240 posts
16,044 battles

I played Co-op to finish the Kansas grind. I played 10 random battles after I got the ship. I won 6 of them. :)

[YARRR]
[YARRR]
Members
259 posts
5,471 battles

I'm not expecting much of Kansas, 1.5 sigma sounds pretty awful and it's very poorly armored. One of my regular div mates had the Minnesota available for his first bundle and grabbed it, and he's been brutalizing people with it for the last few weeks. That's a boat I'm looking forward to.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
1,098 posts
9,427 battles

As soon as I saw the speed and reload I decided to skip the whole line. I've been spending my tokens I've been getting by accident on other goodies. If I somehow get Kansas by accident I'll just sell it for credits.

Edited by MasterDiggs
  • Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
5 minutes ago, HannibalCane said:

I played 10 random battles after I got the ship. I won 6 of them. :)

No worries.  I got the math.  You didn't need to spell it out for us.

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
826 posts
7,409 battles
12 minutes ago, Epic_Baller said:

I'm not expecting much of Kansas, 1.5 sigma sounds pretty awful and it's very poorly armored. One of my regular div mates had the Minnesota available for his first bundle and grabbed it, and he's been brutalizing people with it for the last few weeks. That's a boat I'm looking forward to.

I faced a Minnestoa while I was in Smolensk. The dakka dakka won that battle:cap_rambo:. Certainly wasn't much difficulty aiming at it and lighting all four fire zone ablaze.

Edited by Diesel_Thunder
  • Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
919 posts
20,995 battles

Somewhere in the development, both Minne and Vermont got a buff, but the Kansas never did.  I assume Kansas was just going to be a bad ship since it got nerf after nerf early on.  It seems the Minne is a little better and I am hoping the Vermont is a little better again.

I only need to finish the DD task tomorrow (30 more spots/caps to go) to get my Kansas.  It will also get me enough tokens to get the permacamo.  After I get the Minne, I am thinking the Kansas becomes a port queen.

[7-TH]
Members
240 posts
16,044 battles
Just now, kyesac said:

Somewhere in the development, both Minne and Vermont got a buff, but the Kansas never did.  I assume Kansas was just going to be a bad ship since it got nerf after nerf early on.  It seems the Minne is a little better and I am hoping the Vermont is a little better again.

I only need to finish the DD task tomorrow (30 more spots/caps to go) to get my Kansas.  It will also get me enough tokens to get the permacamo.  After I get the Minne, I am thinking the Kansas becomes a port queen.

I don't know if I would get the perma again. I think I might just buy a ton of Stars and Stripes instead. They make grinding lines for the research bureau so much quicker.

• Cool 1

[V1-PI]
Members
423 posts
9,881 battles

and this is why i am not going to grind the line or try to get any of the mission completed. i have no interest in slow ships that can't hit but 1 time a min. 

• Cool 3

Members
2,114 posts
32,630 battles
33 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

At least on paper, it looks like a ship to be sold without playing a single battle.

It is a T8. Play 1 battle- knock off the snowflake and wait 'til next year to play it again.

[PPNA2]
Members
77 posts
11,747 battles

Here is my first coop match results with the Kansas (Golden Eagle Camo Equipped)

Made a whooping -75 credits with it. I mean I get that it was a COOP game but still. 

shot-20.10.19_20.30.24-0994.jpg

shot-20.10.19_20.30.35-0241.jpg

shot-20.10.19_20.30.54-0948.jpg

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,583 posts
12 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

It is a T8. Play 1 battle- knock off the snowflake and wait 'til next year to play it again.

It's partially the principle of the thing.

WG either knows what a festering boil they've foisted off as "new content", or are too inept to realize it.

• Cool 5

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles

eeeh I actually dont mind much,the ship is meh but that broadside is MASSIVE if you catch an enemy broadside.

gonna grind the exp to get minnesota while saving up free exp then skip minnesota to get vermont.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,920 posts
11,682 battles
2 hours ago, Tingent said:

I was thinking the same thing .

Members
837 posts
14,979 battles

16 minutes ago, Thegooorooo said:

Here is my first coop match results with the Kansas (Golden Eagle Camo Equipped)

Made a whooping -75 credits with it. I mean I get that it was a COOP game but still. 

Still what? It was a coop game.. the ship isn't the issue.

[WOLFC]
Members
514 posts
7,459 battles

I am completely unsurprised this ship is a turd. I have yet to see a defense of it that entailed more than, "You're just not playing it right.", without any indication what "right" is in this case. About the only way I can see it being "played right" is sitting in port for snowflake events.

• Cool 4

Members
2,114 posts
32,630 battles
24 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

It's partially the principle of the thing.

WG either knows what a festering boil they've foisted off as "new content", or are too inept to realize it.

Are we still talking about Kansas or CVs?

:Smile_hiding:

• Cool 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1