You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Navalpride33

Zombie planes, They have to stop allowing them to attack. (Replay).

113 comments in this topic

[WORX]
Members
11,370 posts
19,183 battles

I am not going to suggest a solution (that is up for the DEVs), I am going to complain about the zombie planes attacking ships, after the said ship out smarted/sunk the CV driver...

Not only CVs are so disproportionate in DMG dealing (against small/medium ships), even when they're sunk by smart plays.. They still find a way with zombie planes to retaliate against the person who sunk them (by hovering over them for what seems like forever, or dropping a consumable to pinpoint the location of the said ship)...

IMO, IF a CV is sunk by any ship class.. He shouldn't be able to retaliate against said player... Its over at that point...

Replay instructions...

• Fast forward to the red CV's sinking.
  • Press play and enjoy

20201018_225113_PJSD025-True-Kamikaze_41_Conquest.wowsreplay

532390621_Screenshot(14).thumb.png.969321bbbc5b6aebeb13cf063b53d811.png

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Boring 6
  • Meh 9

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,305 posts
6,093 battles

Oink! Hilarious post... Let's do the same with all ships, once destroyed, everything disappears, planes, shells, torps! One more Noobist attack! No pasarán!!! Goltz

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 8

[SIM]
Members
5,365 posts
8,845 battles
1 minute ago, franz_von_goltz said:

Oink! Hilarious post... Let's do the same with all ships, once destroyed, everything disappears, planes, shells, torps! One more Noobist attack! No pasarán!!! Goltz

Seems fair :cap_like:

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[PVE]
Members
6,898 posts
22,643 battles
30 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I am not going to suggest a solution (that is up for the DEVs), I am going to complain about the zombie planes attacking ships, after the said ship out smarted/sunk the CV driver...

Not only CVs are so disproportionate in DMG dealing (against small/medium ships), even when they're sunk by smart plays.. They still find a way with zombie planes to retaliate against the person who sunk them (by hovering over them for what seems like forever, or dropping a consumable to pinpoint the location of the said ship)...

IMO, IF a CV is sunk by any ship class.. He shouldn't be able to retaliate against said player... Its over at that point...

Replay instructions...

• Press play and enjoy

They don't need a replay... it's not a bug...

& they aren't zombie...they are human controlled.

Agree they (squad or fighter consumables) should not be able to spot after ship is dead though.

Members
4,354 posts
4,615 battles

Haha, oh lordy lordy. Imagine dying in an all in torp attack and your torpedoes just vanish. 

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

Other ships can also do this -- shells continue through the air and torpedoes through the water after the firing ship is sunk. This is what the award "Flesh Wound" is all about. Also, once the CV is sunk the planes have limited "fuel" and can only operate for a few minutes.

Edited by Snargfargle

[WORX]
Members
11,370 posts
19,183 battles
  • 9 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:
  • Other ships can also do this -- shells continue through the air and torpedoes through the water after the firing ship is sunk. This is what the award "Flesh Wound" is all about. Also, once the CV is sunk the planes have limited "fuel" and can only operate for a few minutes.

True however,  CVs are the only ship class that can use their consumable after death.

Though your examples are valid, its invalid in this argument because the execution is not the same..

• Radar ceases to work once you sunk
  • Hydro ceases to work once you sunk.
  • Planes (both spotter and fighter) have a range and duration limit.

IMO, Chasing down your attacker out of revenge instead of using that time better served, to help your fleet... Again I just disagree with the extra leeway/privileges CVs have after the its sunk. No other ship class has that right, and neither should they.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,276 battles

"shells in the air" "all other ships"

No problem. Plane launched torps or bombs or rockets, dropped before the death of the CV, should continue on their way, like all other munitions.

Having planes continue to fly around AND THEN launch munitions is like having the turrets fly off my BB when I am sunk and continuing to shoot for a few more minutes. 

Just another way the devs coddle CVs, the most coddled ship type in the game. 

• Cool 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 5

Members
361 posts
209 battles
3 hours ago, franz_von_goltz said:

Shells and torps don't have pilots and captains.  Please don't confuse planes as ammo, that would be a noob mistake to make.  Planes carry ammo.  Ships carry ammo. 

If my ship has hydro or radar up, that stops with the sinking of the ship.  It's logical.

• Cool 3

Members
154 posts
2,111 battles
7 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Replay instructions...

• Press play and enjoy

Another prime example of I want the game my way and its not fair

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 3

Members
361 posts
209 battles
2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Other ships can also do this -- shells continue through the air and torpedoes through the water after the firing ship is sunk. This is what the award "Flesh Wound" is all about. Also, once the CV is sunk the planes have limited "fuel" and can only operate for a few minutes.

Please note

The shells and torpedos were fired BEFORE the ship died.  See the difference?

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[WORX]
Members
11,370 posts
19,183 battles
3 minutes ago, motleytanker said:

Another prime example of I want the game my way and its not fair to me because ..........   Its a freaking video game. I'm taking you was playing DD by the amount of tears you shed....

I can tell you didn't bother to see the replay...

Figures.

• Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

Members
154 posts
2,111 battles
Just now, Laser_Beam said:

Please note

Same can be said that his planes already sent out before his death.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,276 battles
Just now, motleytanker said:

Same can be said that his planes already sent out before his death.

*sigh* It's completely different as I noted above....

"No problem. Plane launched torps or bombs or rockets, dropped before the death of the CV, should continue on their way, like all other munitions.

Having planes continue to fly around AND THEN launch munitions is like having the turrets fly off my BB when I am sunk and continuing to shoot for a few more minutes. "

• Boring 3

Members
154 posts
2,111 battles
Just now, Navalpride33 said:

I can tell you didn't bother to see the replay...

Figures.

Dont need to. The point is simple. You are all butt hurt over the fact that he got revenge. lol

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[REVY]
Members
2,488 posts
13,379 battles
4 minutes ago, Laser_Beam said:

Please note

just like the aircraft were in the air BEFORE the CV was sunk.

FYI, this isn't anything new. Even in the previous RTS style of gameplay, the aircraft continued to perform their last task after the CV was dead. The player could no longer control them, but they would perform commanded attacks or circle and protect until they were all shot down or out of ammo.

• Cool 1

[SRBL]
Members
502 posts
12,788 battles

Good thing the USN didn't have this rule at Midway, some of our planes would have just dropped from the sky. 

Edited by Tom_Greg
  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Members
154 posts
2,111 battles
Just now, Taichunger said:

"No problem. Plane launched torps or bombs or rockets, dropped before the death of the CV, should continue on their way, like all other munitions.

Having planes continue to fly around AND THEN launch munitions is like having the turrets fly off my BB when I am sunk and continuing to shoot for a few more minutes. "

So in real life is a carrier is sunk , then all his planes should just drop out of the sky??????? Dude its a game, get over with it.

• Thanks 3

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts
7 minutes ago, Laser_Beam said:

Please note

As were the planes launched. You can't launch planes from a sunken carrier in WOWS.

[WORX]
Members
11,370 posts
19,183 battles
2 minutes ago, motleytanker said:

Dont need to. The point is simple. You are all butt hurt over the fact that he got revenge. lol

Then you're missing the point of the discussion.

Oh well

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[BB35]
Members
109 posts
20,294 battles
1 minute ago, Taichunger said:

This mechanic actually has a historical basis.  Planes didn’t suddenly crash into the sea when their carriers were sunk.   Well played by carrier to get his after you got yours.  

[DPG]
Members
2,030 posts
10,678 battles

I agree with the OP.  If we're going to be fair then all over ships should have a three minute grace period after being sunk to continue doing damage.  

Edited by Amenhir
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[BB35]
Members
109 posts
20,294 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

Then you're missing the point of the discussion.

Oh well

No one is missing your point they just don’t agree with you

[WORX]
Members
11,370 posts
19,183 battles
Just now, cheapinkc said:

No one is missing your point they just don’t agree with you

That is cool, I disagree with your assessment of my "feelings"...

It was a great game... I had fun... IF you can't see that in the PIC and in the replay.. Then "que sera sera".

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,276 battles
3 minutes ago, motleytanker said:

So in real life is a carrier is sunk , then all his planes should just drop out of the sky??????? Dude its a game, get over with it.

Haha. Excellent logic there! A non sequitur followed by an order to shut up.

It's a shame that a genius like you is wasting your time playing arcade games when you could be ruling the world.

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1