You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Essayons89

First Tier 10

18 comments in this topic

Members
98 posts
1,693 battles

It took a while, I'm mostly a Coop player, but I finally got my first T10 ship in the Montana. Pretty happy about that. As far as other battleship lines go I'm working my way toward Bismarck on the German BB line and the Queen Elizabeth for the British BB line.

• Cool 5

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,154 posts
16,207 battles

Gratz. :Smile_medal:   It can be a slog in Co-Op, no denying that.  I can still remember the time I slogged through Izumo, and this was during a time where she was considered the worst BB to grind through.  There was no discount in service costs then either, so being sunk would knock 200-250k a pop alone.  Got pricey a few times, needless to say. :Smile_hiding:  Personally I didn't have a huge problem with her, but then again I was fine with Pensacola at 7 and New Orleans at 8. :Smile_playing:

Was very excited myself when I got my first 10, Yamato, and I still remember the feeling. :Smile_great:

• Cool 1

[IRNBN]
Members
3,699 posts
10,762 battles
1 hour ago, Essayons89 said:

It took a while, I'm mostly a Coop player, but I finally got my first T10 ship in the Montana. Pretty happy about that. As far as other battleship lines go I'm working my way toward Bismarck on the German BB line and the Queen Elizabeth for the British BB line.

Congratulations! Monty was my first T10 as well, and even though I have the Ohio now I still take her out now and then. Always fun doing a 1-shot drive-by deletion of a red Kremlin or landing a tight 18 KM AP salvo on a CV. Toaster go boom! For extra lulz I swap in my 19-point Halsey.

I've sold off other T10's that I never quite "clicked" with, but Monty is a keeper. For my money, Montana is still the best all-around jack-of-all-trades tech tree BB in the game.

[META_]
Members
1,622 posts
17,223 battles
4 hours ago, Essayons89 said:

Awesome , congratulations.. The French would be good for coop also if you can flank ...the bots would be giving juicey broadsides from a flank position

Members
1,771 posts
26,660 battles

My T10 collection is growing. I only play them during events like the anniversary and snowflakes to gain the awards. Otherwise, they are port queens. Right now I've got 3 or 4 '10's researched and waiting for a sale (since I'm not in a clan) to purchase.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,091 posts
22,671 battles

Congrats @Essayons89! My hat's off to you for that grind. I just can't manage it anymore...

Members
98 posts
1,693 battles

Thank you!

6 hours ago, Meta_Man said:

Awesome , congratulations.. The French would be good for coop also if you can flank ...the bots would be giving juicey broadsides from a flank position

I'm up to T5 with both the French and Japanese battleships.

As far as other ships types go my highest tech tree cruiser is the New Orleans and Nicholas for DDs. I'm not as comfortable playing either as I am BBs.

[PVE]
Members
122 posts
5,495 battles

Congrats! It took me a long time to get my first tier ten ship as well being a co-op main. I just got my second one a few months ago. 

Edited by JM_BB63
  • Cool 1

[CO-OP]
Members
2,054 posts
26,109 battles
2 hours ago, Essayons89 said:

Thank you!

As far as other ships types go my highest tech tree cruiser is the New Orleans and Nicholas for DDs. I'm not as comfortable playing either as I am BBs.

Congratulations on getting your first t-10 ship.  You should try to branch out to other nations and classes.  If you're a BB main, you should learn how to play destroyers.  This will give you a better understanding of how to counter them. 

Members
98 posts
1,693 battles
35 minutes ago, JM_BB63 said:

Congrats! It took me a long time to get my first tier ten ship as well being a co-op main. I just got my second one a few months ago. 

TY! Congrats on your second tier ten. Which do you have?

16 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Congratulations on getting your first t-10 ship.  You should try to branch out to other nations and classes.  If you're a BB main, you should learn how to play destroyers.  This will give you a better understanding of how to counter them. 

TY! The next BB line I'm looking to get to T10 is the German. I just unlocked the Gneisenau either last week or the week before. Looking forward to getting the Bismarck. I have a Tirpitz which I really enjoy. I started dabbling with DDs this past weekend. I had a Clemson sitting in my port forever so I decided to get my feet wet. I had a couple decent games in it, she's a fun little ship to play. I'm trying to get used to the Nicholas now.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,651 posts

I still remember getting my Monty as my first tier 10, too.

First game out,  I took it to Randoms by mistake, lol.    I remember pushing a cap in which there were several red cruisers,  with an Alabama in tow and a Conq joining us from the other direction.   They scattered like scared chickens, lol.    The mino ended up grounding himself between 2 islands flat broadside trying to torp me.    I knew what he was likely doing and slammed on the brakes- sure enough, here come the red doritos.   All missed but one which clipped my bow.

My return broadside did NOT miss- arriving just as he desperately popped smoke.   BOOM!  no more Mino.

The three of us went on to wipe out that whole side of the map, lol.

Monty is also my first - and so far only- completed legendary grind.

[PVE]
Members
122 posts
5,495 battles
4 hours ago, Essayons89 said:

TY! Congrats on your second tier ten. Which do you have?

Thank you! Des Moines was my first and Shimakaze was my second, I love both. 

• Cool 1

Members
98 posts
1,693 battles
1 hour ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

I still remember getting my Monty as my first tier 10, too.

First game out,  I took it to Randoms by mistake, lol.    I remember pushing a cap in which there were several red cruisers,  with an Alabama in tow and a Conq joining us from the other direction.   They scattered like scared chickens, lol.    The mino ended up grounding himself between 2 islands flat broadside trying to torp me.    I knew what he was likely doing and slammed on the brakes- sure enough, here come the red doritos.   All missed but one which clipped my bow.

My return broadside did NOT miss- arriving just as he desperately popped smoke.   BOOM!  no more Mino.

The three of us went on to wipe out that whole side of the map, lol.

Monty is also my first - and so far only- completed legendary grind.

Haha, nice! You did a lot better than I did in my first random. I didn't die first but every ship was tier 10 and it being my first tier 10 random I was a bit nervous. I didn't die first but wasn't a whole a lot of help either lol. A pesky Salem hiding behind an island kept trying to barbecue me, there was a sea of long range torps, and I felt like a deer caught in headlights. To be fair though my experience in randoms is limited. I only have 385 random battles played compared to 1147 in coop so I still have a lot to learn when it comes to the pvp portion of the game. I do watch videos/guides but need a lot more practice/experience to get better.

[META_]
Members
1,622 posts
17,223 battles
On 10/19/2020 at 12:40 PM, Essayons89 said:

Thank you!

Coop is a brawl , randoms can be a brawl, kite fest,camp fest or crossfire fest....In coop its a different strategy so look.at how the games unfold over and over and think of what attributes and strategies could take advantage of the bots.....like crossfire, hydro smoke to kill a rushing DD...fast reloading tops to farm them.as they rush in....get creative  

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
377 posts
3,136 battles

Montana was my first tech tree tier 10.  Haven't had her for very long.  Ground the Iowa out just before the last flake event a couple months ago.  She is a ton of fun.  Currently grinding the Bismark.  Got her free during some event/mission I think a couple of years ago.  I hate to say it but it never occurred to me to concurrently grind her while I was grinding the lower tier German BB's.  Go figure.

Members
98 posts
1,693 battles
On 10/21/2020 at 7:40 AM, Meta_Man said:

Coop is a brawl , randoms can be a brawl, kite fest,camp fest or crossfire fest....In coop its a different strategy so look.at how the games unfold over and over and think of what attributes and strategies could take advantage of the bots.....like crossfire, hydro smoke to kill a rushing DD...fast reloading tops to farm them.as they rush in....get creative  

Thank you for this. I know the two modes play different. Lately, I've been splitting time between Coop and randoms. I'll take any of my ships into Coop but I've been using random for some of the mid-tier BB lines I'm working on in an effort to improve. It needs a lot of work lol, but I'm trying. I'm either too passive and stay alive without contributing much before the match ends or I'm too aggressive and get focused and die early which also contributes nothing. 

On 10/23/2020 at 7:02 AM, Duma said:

Montana was my first tech tree tier 10.  Haven't had her for very long.  Ground the Iowa out just before the last flake event a couple months ago.  She is a ton of fun.  Currently grinding the Bismark.  Got her free during some event/mission I think a couple of years ago.  I hate to say it but it never occurred to me to concurrently grind her while I was grinding the lower tier German BB's.  Go figure.

Nice! I love the Iowa, she's quick and those 16" guns can hurt. I just finished upgrading the Gneisenau last night and started grinding my way towards the Bismark. I didn't like the Gneisenau at first but the ship is starting to grow on me despite the shells being a little troll-ish. I can unlock the Queen Elizabeth in the British BB line now but from what I've been reading on the forums she seems like a really bad ship in this line with the King George V not being much better but I need to grind through them anyway. Getting closer to advancing to Tier 6 in the French line as well.

• Cool 1

[META_]
Members
1,622 posts
17,223 battles
38 minutes ago, Essayons89 said:

Thank you for this. I know the two modes play different. Lately, I've been splitting time between Coop and randoms. I'll take any of my ships into Coop but I've been using random for some of the mid-tier BB lines I'm working on in an effort to improve. It needs a lot of work lol, but I'm trying. I'm either too passive and stay alive without contributing much before the match ends or I'm too aggressive and get focused and die early which also contributes nothing. 

Nice! I love the Iowa, she's quick and those 16" guns can hurt. I just finished upgrading the Gneisenau last night and started grinding my way towards the Bismark. I didn't like the Gneisenau at first but the ship is starting to grow on me despite the shells being a little troll-ish. I can unlock the Queen Elizabeth in the British BB line now but from what I've been reading on the forums she seems like a really bad ship in this line with the King George V not being much better but I need to grind through them anyway. Getting closer to advancing to Tier 6 in the French line as well.

The key is you recognize there is a fine line between being too aggressive and perishing too early or being to passive and not contributing......you're ahead of the game more than some...happy hunting captain 

[PVE]
Members
377 posts
3,136 battles
1 hour ago, Essayons89 said:

I quite enjoy the Gneisenau.  I hardly seem to play her well though.  The guns are indeed trollish.  British line I am currently ignoring the tier 5. The Iron Duke?  Can't seem to generate the gumption to do any further grinding there.  Currently sitting in the Normandy for the French.  She isn't as much fun yet as I had in the tier 5.  I have the Kongo for the Japanese in a state of semi stock.  That line is a will finish but as with the British - just not yet.  Concentrating on the German and likely French as second fiddle right now.  Absolutely zero interest in the "Russian/Soviet" line.  Outside of waiting to put my dirty hands on the Poltava.