Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Ahab1776

CB three win minimum for steel

14 comments in this topic

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,812 posts
17,021 battles

Speaking for myself not a fan. If it is data gathering for seeing how it goes. My vote is returning it back to two wins. 

If this is not data gathering but, the new meta. To quote Conan the Barbarian “CROM!”

A2F45E94-2526-49C2-B53E-334BBF84268B.jpeg

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776
  • Cool 3

[POP]
Members
4,670 posts
12,480 battles

I agree. I definitely preferred the steel for every win system that we had since the beginning of CBs, and based on the vocal feedback from some others on here last season, I'm not the only one. Especially when it means you're actually getting less steel per win than you used to. Sure you could make the argument that you should be trying to win more and this is an incentive to do so, but then at the same time if you have an off night or a bad streak, you get players that feel somewhat demoralized that their few wins got them no steel for the entire day.

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07
  • Cool 1

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,250 posts
19,571 battles

It's to prevent low tier clans from making steel. Simple as that.

You need 30 wins to get 2000 steel. If a terrible clan has a 40% wr, that means 70+ games to get 2k steel, add in a clan bonus, so 2200 steel per season.

It took 4 years for mediocre players to get a stalingrad. If you start clan battles today, and are not very good, it still means 1-2 years to get stalingrad (they added steel for ranked, etc).

WG doesn't value CB as it makes them no money. You can't sell excellence or skills. That is why they love research bureau, because all you need is money to get special ships, any 40% WR player can have an ohio, all they need is about $300 to convert fxp to doubloons.

• Meh 1

Members
662 posts
1 hour ago, Cit_the_bed said:

It's to prevent low tier clans from making steel. Simple as that.

Steel - which is exchanged for ships that give players a competitive edge.

So, it sets up a negative feedback loop.   Players need a competitive edge (better coordination, better tactics, greater knowledge) to win Steel that gives players access to ships that give a greater competitive edge.  Its akin to giving winning sports teams first round draft picks for winning. 

I would rather see Steel exchanged for specialty/unique camos, badges, emblems, ect that distinguishes the player/clan.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[SAF]
Members
119 posts
10,556 battles

I understand your point. I'd then rather suggest that they keep the 3 wins for steel, but increase the amount of steel you can get in a league from say 10x150 to 20x150.

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,812 posts
17,021 battles

Our clan is casual. We’ve got good players. However our main goal is to allow everyone a chance to play. I’ll be one of the first to volunteer to rotate and sit out to let others play if we only have enough to field one team. Between that, working nights during the week. I’ve yet  to achieve three wins for a win. Others in our clan have which is great! 

Bottom line, I know there are others who are in the same boat that I’m in. Just more difficult to get steel.

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,250 posts
19,571 battles
9 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Our clan is casual. We’ve got good players. However our main goal is to allow everyone a chance to play. I’ll be one of the first to volunteer to rotate and sit out to let others play if we only have enough to field one team. Between that, working nights during the week. I’ve yet  to achieve three wins for a win. Others in our clan have which is great! 

Bottom line, I know there are others who are in the same boat that I’m in. Just more difficult to get steel.

You need to identify your best players, and make a push team and send your alpha up as high as you can so the steel stacks, then rotate in 1-2 weaker players per match to get them steel.

Get alpha and bravo into the game, then farm.

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,812 posts
17,021 battles
14 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

You need to identify your best players, and make a push team and send your alpha up as high as you can so the steel stacks, then rotate in 1-2 weaker players per match to get them steel.

Get alpha and bravo into the game, then farm.

That’s our goal

• Cool 1

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,250 posts
19,571 battles

I wish you all the best of luck, Richthofen and FDR aren't making this season very easy. 

[5D4]
[5D4]
Members
512 posts
15,408 battles
On 10/18/2020 at 8:19 PM, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Speaking for myself not a fan. If it is data gathering for seeing how it goes. My vote is returning it back to two wins. 

If this is not data gathering but, the new meta. To quote Conan the Barbarian “CROM!”

A2F45E94-2526-49C2-B53E-334BBF84268B.jpeg

agreed, for being in a competitive clan, some people have jobs, it needs to be removed, the old system worked well@Hapa_Fodder

Edited by lordholland4293

Members
1,845 posts
52 battles

This is likely just a measure to artificially push the numbers based on the poor results of the previous season.

As such don't expect much to be done about it.

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles

I have to admit, the rewards or lack there of tend to keep my motivation for participating in Clan Battles on the low side.  The 3 wins for steel feels like just another grind. Worse, unlike any other mode, you don't get rewarded for good play in a loss.  That 250 base XP for the entire team in a loss just kills my motivation to play.

I think the problem for me is that I am not super competitive and my motivation for playing the game in any mode is making progress.  I just don't feel the amount of progress I make in CB is worth the time invested. 

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,812 posts
17,021 battles
14 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

This is likely just a measure to artificially push the numbers based on the poor results of the previous season.

Forgive me for asking but, how would this help or change?

Members
1,845 posts
52 battles
10 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Forgive me for asking but, how would this help or change?

Forcing players to play more battles and thus artificially inflating the numbers.

Sign in to follow this