Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

DANAE Sleeper??

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,783
[GOB]
Members
2,361 posts

I finished the other missions so I am messing around in COOP at T4 for those others...I'm Bored.

Just knocking off Bonus flakes on my T 4 s  to get the XP and  I play this next ship..

T-4 Danae..

I've never played it. Pretty sure I just XPed it cause I wanted the FIJI.  0 point commander not skills no nothing...

I know this is COOP but DAAAAAAMN!

Does anyone play this ship?? What have I been missing?

huh.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
934
[OIL-1]
Members
1,291 posts

Profile says I played it, but I don't remember it.
Svietlana was my favorite tier 4 ship. Dunno if it's still good or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,919
[PVE]
Members
6,894 posts
22,643 battles
1 hour ago, Col_Nasty said:

I finished the other missions so I am messing around in COOP at T4 for those others...I'm Bored.

Just knocking off Bonus flakes on my T 4 s  to get the XP and  I play this next ship..

T-4 Danae..

I've never played it. Pretty sure I just XPed it cause I wanted the FIJI.  0 point commander not skills no nothing...

I know this is COOP but DAAAAAAMN!

Does anyone play this ship?? What have I been missing?

huh.png

All RN CLs are beyond OP in co-op.

They're quite efficient in random too once you get their trick*** down.

As I can tell by the 12 torp hits you realised ***they are excellent as alternate DDs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,326
[ARGSY]
Members
21,526 posts
15,632 battles
8 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

Does anyone play this ship??

I played her a hell of a lot when I first started out because playing the Emerald constantly threw me against T7 (which I was not ready to face) and got me slaughtered. Danae MM was much more friendly and she isn't much less powerful.

In co-op she is enormous fun. Back when T4 was still eligible for stuff, she went a long way toward getting me my first won premium:

image.thumb.png.5d7c5295e1278098935076675fbac65a.png

If you watch AshleyakaAshley's stream on Twitch, part of her gimmick is to be "forced" to play the Danae - to the point where she's almost infamous for it.

I haven't played the Danae in ages, but she's still my sixth most-played cruiser in co-op. And when the British heavy cruisers came out, I easily had enough XP on her to research the Hawkins if I'd needed to (and that was AFTER getting the Emerald).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,171
[WOLF3]
Members
28,122 posts
24,479 battles

I remember playing Danae in Random Battles when the RNCL Line released, and I did not like that experience.

 

She is as squishy as Emerald, but Emerald at least had Smoke.

 

Edit:  I remember, when the RNCL Line came out, I was playing Tier V Destroyers and Citadeling the ever-living-**** out of Emerald and Danae.  Called it the "Welcome to World of Warships" party for the RNCL Line.  DDs were running around molesting Danae and Emerald.  People were out in force massacring these RNCLs to dissuade them from going down the Line or just FreeXP it.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,197
[INTEL]
Members
1,778 posts
15,774 battles
7 hours ago, z9_ said:

Profile says I played it, but I don't remember it.
Svietlana was my favorite tier 4 ship. Dunno if it's still good or not.

Sviet was easily my fav T4 cruiser in randoms. That thing is just silly with the torp angles and reload

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,411 posts
40,554 battles
8 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

I finished the other missions so I am messing around in COOP at T4 for those others...I'm Bored.

Just knocking off Bonus flakes on my T 4 s  to get the XP and  I play this next ship..

T-4 Danae..

I've never played it. Pretty sure I just XPed it cause I wanted the FIJI.  0 point commander not skills no nothing...

I know this is COOP but DAAAAAAMN!

Does anyone play this ship?? What have I been missing?

huh.png

It's really a dark horse of a ship.

Unassuming, modest in appearance. Yet AP passes through it rather than sticks, torps are decent, smokes up and will be hard to find with it's creeping speed.

It is no accident that big things come in small packages.

I dread seeing one when I CV because I can't AP bomb it and it steers like a cat on caffeine when I try to torp it.

Her guns are decent too.

It probably hasn't been said to you but you can look it up. There is a streamer that is ultra-super-unicum in the ship.

So if you see that pirate vampire standing a tall 4ft 11 inches...

Run! Run! Take cover and just run! No joke. She hates the ship, but because her viewers make her sail it a lot, her anger is taken out on the first few players in her sights.

She will straight up sink you and you can't do diddly about it.

Just give it up and save your butts. It's not worth the giggles and laughs your teammates do, after you complain that she is being mean.

And lord help you if you are in a CV. Just run and pray she doesn't find you. You are not safe if she is close.

CV players at tier 4 have been unable to sleep and often break out in sweats. It's a brown trousers moment. If you run out of planes, she will swing close and torp you while making that trademark laugh that is so unique that no one can duplicate it. 

It will haunt you.

The only thing that might slow her down is you hand over any Dr Pepper and DQ Bilzzards.

Stay safe this halloween 🎃. She will be around the game for sure.

🦇😏🎃

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,411 posts
40,554 battles
31 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I played her a hell of a lot when I first started out because playing the Emerald constantly threw me against T7 (which I was not ready to face) and got me slaughtered. Danae MM was much more friendly and she isn't much less powerful.

In co-op she is enormous fun. Back when T4 was still eligible for stuff, she went a long way toward getting me my first won premium:

image.thumb.png.5d7c5295e1278098935076675fbac65a.png

If you watch AshleyakaAshley's stream on Twitch, part of her gimmick is to be "forced" to play the Danae - to the point where she's almost infamous for it.

I haven't played the Danae in ages, but she's still my sixth most-played cruiser in co-op. And when the British heavy cruisers came out, I easily had enough XP on her to research the Hawkins if I'd needed to (and that was AFTER getting the Emerald).

Her stats are through the roof at this point. I would be scared if I CV a match against her. The Danae is hard to attack with planes. AP passes through. Torps can be dodged in the Danae. It turns great.

It is OP. But WG will leave it that way because it's entertaining.

IDK if you know this but recently her viewers made her play the tier 4 Rhein.

It was disgusting. She drops AP better than I do. And she already figured out how to torp DDs. Again disgusting.

But her belief that CVs are a spawn of Satan might keep her off that CV or any other. 

So long as she doesn't start to like it.😏

It's not uncommon to be drawn to the CV Dark Side.

But I don't think she will.

Just in case,viewers of AshleyakaAshley must never let her do that again!

I am not kidding!

You guys are about to start something!

You will turn her Evil and I will blame all of you!

Don't do it!

Friends don't let friends drive CVs!

An Evil AshleyakaAshley unleashed in CVs, that laugh as she torments players. Oh the horror, oh the humanity!

For the sake of Citadels, don't let that ever happen again!

Just thinking about it.

Be afraid, be very afraid.🦇😏

 

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,149
[SALVO]
Members
5,173 posts
4,474 battles
10 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

 What have I been missing?

Apparently, citadels from every angle...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
431
[FOXY]
Members
1,127 posts
5,385 battles
2 hours ago, Ares1967 said:

Sviet was easily my fav T4 cruiser in randoms. That thing is just silly with the torp angles and reload

I can confirm its still fun to play! Svelt is the only russian cruisers ive kept so far as ive gone up that line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,783
[GOB]
Members
2,361 posts
2 hours ago, Ares1967 said:

Sviet was easily my fav T4 cruiser in randoms. That thing is just silly with the torp angles and reload

I see that I still have that one as well.

Never even equipped or played it. I'll try it out today!

Edited by Col_Nasty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,197
[INTEL]
Members
1,778 posts
15,774 battles
2 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

I see that I still have that one as well.

Never even equipped or played it. I'll try it out today!

 Get a handle on it and its a blast. One of my fav encounters in the game came driving Sviet on the EU server.

 I was trying to be cute and found myself 2km from a full health T5 BB coming around an island. Throw it in reverse while wiggling to get both launchers off. By the time I got the second in the water the first was near reloaded. Keep wiggling and get a third set off. He died after getting a single salvo off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×