You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DevilD0g

AA is broken and totally overpowered.

30 comments in this topic

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
654 posts
9,649 battles

when  you see a flight of six planes from a tier 6 ryujo (ryujo planes are the fastest torpedo bombers at tier 6 of all the carriers.)  all shot down by a tier 6 fubuki destroyer with an AA rating of  " 9 " then something is wrong or they have totally screwed over carriers yet again.  This has got to stop.  Dont tell me its all about AA bubbles as the AA rating of "9" is a tier 5 mitsuki rating.  The Fubuki is not an AA destroyer and yet shot down 6 planes with no other ships even close and couldnt get in range to drop torpedoes.

AA is broken and is not well balanced.  Especially on Destroyers.

Damage rates need to be dialed back or aircraft armor ratings improved.

Edited by DevilD0g
  • Funny 5
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 5

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,931 posts
39 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

(ryujo planes are the fastest at tier 6 of all the carriers.)

Ryujo does not have the fastest of the T6 CV planes. The rocket planes of the Wesser and Ranger are faster and all the plane types on the Lowenhardt are faster.

While I agree that the AA numbers of ships does not tell the story of what their AA does, if you lost 6 planes to a Fubuki, you did something incorrectly.

[FOXY]
Members
1,104 posts
5,360 battles
1 minute ago, TorpedoBonk said:

Yes, you ate flak and played badly. End of thread. 

But AA is out of control!

I think the most amount of fighters ive shot down in a DD was in my benson...against a bot carrier. Never shoot down many fighters against player controlled squadrons not that i play randoms anymore.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,267 posts
12,135 battles

1. Youre not gonna find sympathy here, especially if it was a DD that swatted the planes 
2. In the words of CVs to everyone else at the beginning of this Rework "Just Dodge"

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Cool 2

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,676 posts
35,822 battles

You are incorrect.

Spreadsheet says you are having fun.

[WOLFG]
Members
10,468 posts
9,773 battles
53 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

The Fubuki is not an AA destroyer and yet shot down 6 planes with no other ships even close and couldnt get in range to drop torpedoes.

caddyshack-double-take.gif

• Funny 1

Members
1,797 posts
5,635 battles
55 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

when  you see a flight of six planes from a tier 6 ryujo (ryujo planes are the fastest at tier 6 of all the carriers.)  all shot down by a tier 6 fubuki destroyer with an AA rating of  " 9 " then something is wrong or they have totally screwed over carriers yet again.  This has got to stop.  Dont tell me its all about AA bubbles as the AA rating of "9" is a tier 5 mitsuki rating.  The Fubuki is not an AA destroyer and yet shot down 6 planes with no other ships even close and couldnt get in range to drop torpedoes.

image.png.217dbff019c6bc88167abaad1f1cbb1f.png

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
654 posts
9,649 battles
31 minutes ago, TorpedoBonk said:

Yes, you ate flak and played badly. End of thread. 

how can you dodge flak when your moving into attack with torpedoes and you have to aim.  There is no dodging then else  your torpedoes go all over the place.  your a carrier player so you know that.  So no i didnt play badly , I played as I was supposed to.  and while i understand there is no sympathy for carrier players,   lets build in limited ammo supplies for ships and historic dud torpedoes for german and us destroyers,  cruisers and torpedo bombers or no reload for torpedo  destroyers,  its only a 20 min game anyway at the most.

Edited by DevilD0g
  • Funny 4

[SALVO]
Members
2,499 posts
6,666 battles
5 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

how can you dodge flak when your moving into attack with torpedoes and you have to aim.  There is no dodging then else  your torpedoes go all over the place.  your a carrier player so you know that.  So no i didnt play badly , I played as I was supposed to.  and while i understand there is no sympathy for carrier players,   lets build in limited ammo supplies for ships and historic dud torpedoes for german and us destroyers,  cruisers and torpedo bombers.

That is just completely and utterly untrue. Thousands of Carrier players manage to do what you fail to do every day. They manage to do so against ships with far better AA then Piddly lil Japanese torpedo DD. 

Edited by eviltane

[YORHA]
Members
5,128 posts
10,304 battles
6 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

how can you dodge flak when your moving into attack with torpedoes and you have to aim.  There is no dodging then else  your torpedoes go all over the place.  your a carrier player so you know that.  So no i didnt play badly , I played as I was supposed to.  and while i understand there is no sympathy for carrier players,   lets build in limited ammo supplies for ships and historic dud torpedoes for german and us destroyers,  cruisers and torpedo bombers or no reload for torpedo  destroyers,  its only a 20 min game anyway at the most.

Hows about a replay so we can see what happened.  Maybe we can help?

Or, at the very least, quiet down the nay sayers?

[A-D-F]
7,931 posts
20 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

Flak is long range AA only.  By the time you have begun your attack run and are lining up your torps, you should be well inside the flak range.  It doesn't exist at that point.

You might sometimes catch some on the currently attacking group of planes as you are diving down to begin the attack, but the IJN CV doesn't attack with 6 planes, so that isn't the case in your example. If you are catching lots of flak while trying to line up your drop, you are beginning the drop way too far away. 

Also and most importantly, Fubuki has zero flak guns.  Soooo......I'll take stuff that didn't happen for $1000 Alex.

[TIMT]
Members
939 posts
4,162 battles
5 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

how can you dodge flak when your moving into attack with torpedoes and you have to aim.  There is no dodging then else  your torpedoes go all over the place.  your a carrier player so you know that.  So no i didnt play badly , I played as I was supposed to

Have you tried the W and S key, or slightly moving your mouse? Also, flying in a super straight line just makes you eat flak, approach in a gentle curve before you start aligning for the drop. You might even time your start of the TB run in such a way you avoid a wall of flak.

I am by no means a CV player, but somehow managed to get to Ranger and figured this out.

For more educational purpose, maybe provide a replay of your game and TB approach, some of the more experienced CV players might give you hints on how to dodge the flak.

BTW: Fubuki has no flak and an AA DPS of 77, while Ryujo TBs have 3k health in a TB attack flight, meaning you have to spend 40s in the 2.5km zone for them to die. Impressive

Members
1,817 posts
52 battles
14 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

how can you dodge flak when your moving into attack with torpedoes and you have to aim.

Flak stops spawning within 3.5km. Typical attack distance for TBs is 3km. Usually you won't need to dodge flak during an attack.

In case there is another ship within flak range nearby, using speed to juke flak is as easy as pressing W and letting it go at the right time.

Fubuki doesn't have flak btw.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,236 posts

AA isn't OP, it's just broken.

How much damage it does is way too dependent on whether the CV pilot has mastered the "hack the flak" technique.

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
5,641 posts
17,345 battles

Trying to comprehend how a Fubuki is shooting down a whole flight of planes. Seems they would have to go into orbit around the DD for a long time for it to pull this off. 

Sort of like a DD driving in tight circles around a Texas. EVENTUALLY the secondaries will kill it but it will take a while.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,377 posts
4,193 battles

So who was the ship next to the Fubuki whose flak you drove into?

And if you're not dodging flak in a CV then you're not going to have a real successful CV career. Even in the attack mode I can dodge flak and still get a good spread off.

The real question is why were you using torps on a DD?

[A-D-F]
7,931 posts
9 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

So who was the ship next to the Fubuki whose flak you drove into?

And if you're not dodging flak in a CV then you're not going to have a real successful CV career. Even in the attack mode I can dodge flak and still get a good spread off.

The real question is why were you using torps on a DD?

Eh, if you can hit a DD with a torp, it does do a lot of damage.  I drop torps on them if it's what I happen to have at the moment.   Sometimes it's a swing and miss but, it's better than starting over to go back and get rocket planes if you are right there.

[RBMK2]
Members
4,488 posts
20,678 battles
2 hours ago, DevilD0g said:

when  you see a flight of six planes from a tier 6 ryujo (ryujo planes are the fastest at tier 6 of all the carriers.)  all shot down by a tier 6 fubuki destroyer with an AA rating of  " 9 " then something is wrong or they have totally screwed over carriers yet again.  This has got to stop.  Dont tell me its all about AA bubbles as the AA rating of "9" is a tier 5 mitsuki rating.  The Fubuki is not an AA destroyer and yet shot down 6 planes with no other ships even close and couldnt get in range to drop torpedoes.

EfdBr5P.gif

• Funny 1
  • Haha 2

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,424 posts
11,491 battles

image.thumb.png.4e24be82452dba1ce430315a1306536d.png

We're talking about this Fubuki, right? The one without flak bursts, a maximum AA range of 2.5km, for 161 damage/s?

Members
1,588 posts
1,286 battles
5 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

image.thumb.png.4e24be82452dba1ce430315a1306536d.png

We're talking about this Fubuki, right? The one without flak bursts, a maximum AA range of 2.5km, for 161 damage/s?

it's obviously a troll thread