You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Prisma7

Is a Pan-American line coming?

21 comments in this topic

[MDB]
Members
20 posts
7,540 battles

We have seen a few stuffs about Brazil recently, like symbols and emblems. Reading the developers blog, i found they are planning to release for next update a Brazil Naval Flag, Unique Panamerican Commander Francisco Ferreira Filho, Brazil expendable camoflage and a premium Tier II cruiser Almirante Abreu (Admiral Abreu).

Thats make me think they are planning a new Panamerican Line for the future (next year).

Do you think is this possible?

image.thumb.png.29e3f9c529960f7ad764628f70f76c5d.png

image.thumb.png.383d1d35292107ccf33817a14d0a0252.png

image.thumb.png.36f46a6f4621865364c624bfcc50e4d7.png

[RLGN]
Members
14,931 posts
26,442 battles

Depending on the particulars, there’s certainly enough original ships for partial lines; one; Rio de Janeiro/Sultan Osman/Agincourt, that could crossover with Pan Euro and RN; and probably enough purchased destroyers and other such to fill things out a bit.

If WG doesn’t shoot themselves in the foot somehow and kill the game, I’m sure they’ll  develop such a line eventually.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
5,315 posts
4,556 battles
33 minutes ago, Prisma7 said:

Thats make me think they are planning a new Panamerican Line for the future (next year).

Totally.

They recently lowered the prices in the Premium Store for SA, showing they finally are deciding to tap into that market. I'm sure they'll introduce some premiums and a line of cruisers or DDs in the near future, it makes economical sense for them to do it. 

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
5,392 posts
8,891 battles

Yes, I suspect that we’ll see a Pan American line in or before 2022. 

• Cool 1

[PDCB]
Members
491 posts
8,791 battles

It's possible but there is an explaination behind the expandable camo, the commander and the ship. And it is not related to an upcoming tech tree line. Just because one ship or other sutff was added for a nation it doesn't mean that a tech tree line is coming, look at the time gap between the Giuliuo Ceseare and the new Italian battleships.

According to the community manager, the expendable camo was created to be reward for regional events (he was tired of giving La Phélie Padraig camo), the commander and the ship were supposed to be added next year, enough time to have something more elaborated and well done, but wg rushed it and wanted to be done still this year. That explains why the content is just meh.

Members
2,110 posts
32,504 battles
2 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

If WG doesn’t shoot themselves in the foot somehow and kill the game, I’m sure they’ll  develop such a line eventually.

Pretty sure they've blown one foot off already and are currently using a small caliber on the other.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Meh 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,298 posts
12,202 battles

as much as i like new lines, we all know that any line that has "Pan" in its name is usually, the exception currently being the "Pan European AKA Swedish" line, just mostly going to be clones of ships that already exist in the game with some sort of gimmick to make them worth playing

• Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[RLGN]
Members
14,931 posts
26,442 battles
1 hour ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Pretty sure they've blown one foot off already and are currently using a small caliber on the other.

Why so serious, Serious? :Smile_hiding:

That aside; the game I still like, despite various issues, but as far as other thing WG has done/is doing; I’ll curse them out for it, applaud others who do, and not feel one wit of sympathy when they complain about players doing so.

As to one specific thing; 0.8.0 is nearly two years on now; I’ve never forgiven them for it; whatever the apologists say about mistranslated comments; and I doubt I ever will.

It’s fixing to be winter where I live...

...to quote the original Red Dawn;

”The hate keeps me warm at night.”

19 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

as much as i like new lines, we all know that any line that has "Pan" in its name is usually, the exception currently being the "Pan European AKA Swedish" line, just mostly going to be clones of ships that already exist in the game with some sort of gimmick to make them worth playing

True enough; but even if it is/was some retread Fletcher or Tribal or whatever, I sure players from Pan American countries would still want ‘their’ ship; just like US and UK players wanted Missouri or Warspite, or I’ll want Oklahoma when it it comes out, (I live there,) no matter how lame it might be.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,298 posts
12,202 battles
22 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

True enough; but even if it is/was some retread Fletcher or Tribal or whatever, I sure players from Pan American countries would still want ‘their’ ship; just like US and UK players wanted Missouri or Warspite, or I’ll want Oklahoma when it it comes out, (I live there,) no matter how lame it might be.

fair enough

[FALCO]
Alpha Tester
1,043 posts
9,044 battles
1 hour ago, tcbaker777 said:

Sorry, but this only show how uninformed are you about the ships that belongs to the "Pan-American" nations, and I dont blame you, because someone who dont know just could end speaking about something based on a few examples and generalising (and with this clone trend to bring ships more easily, it does not help even). Let me ask you: The battleship Rivadavia is a clone? what about Minas Gerais?, Latorre?, La Argentina? Almirante Brown?.

Sure, there could be a few to be used in a way like this one is used, but it does not mean the whole tech tree will be filled with clones.

• Cool 4

[GRAVE]
Members
1,363 posts
19,522 battles
2 hours ago, tcbaker777 said:

you can get some native designed cruisers in a Pan-Am tree, Brazil's Bahia class, Argentina's La Argentina and Vententico de Mayo classes, and I think Argentina has some heavy cruiser designs that could fit at T8, 9 and/or 10, but some Crown Colony, Town or Brooklyn class would have to be at T7, maybe a Chilean one seeing a Pan-Am cruiser line might get Argentina heavy at higher tiers

Pan-Am BBs can go to T6 with well known ships and one well documented paper ship, (3 Brazilian*, 1 Argentine, one Chilean) all designs we haven't seen in game, with T7-9 being possibly fitted out with Brazilian and Argentinian paper proposals

DDs can go almost the whole way without going to other nation's clones, with the T10 being a Halland with an extra gun at the cost of a torp tube.

Not quite full of one nation or existing clones

*depending on what Nation Rio de Janiero/Sultan Osman/Agincourt is under: Pan-Am, Pan Eu, RN, two of the three, or even all three)

• Cool 2

[IMP]
[IMP]
Alpha Tester
327 posts
13,433 battles
9 hours ago, Prisma7 said:

Personally, I do not believe that a Pan American Technology Tree can be applied throughout the following year (2021) because the deadlines are limited and the efforts are necessary.

I want to highlight some circumstances:

- That the Pan-American Technological Tree can assemble almost all the Development Branches. After years of preliminary research, those who propose these ships to Wg-Wows agree that Destroyers are the most established, Cruisers need research for their top X, Battleships need research for their top IX and X, Aircraft Carriers need research for your top X and Submarines need research for your top X [links above are old, newer posts to follow soon]. With equal relevance it is necessary to say that it is also possible to obtain original and multinational premium ships in medium and larger Tiers (V-VIII), admitting the shortage of these in the last Tiers (IX-X) in the absence of research or, of be necessary, inference. Even some countries (such as Argentina or Brazil) could form their own Technology Trees if these were required (with a lot of paper).

- That access to official documents is not the best at this time. The circulation in transport and the opening of public institutions today are not allowing free access due to quarantine. In the region (from Mexico to Chile) the effect of the pandemic has been strong and it is proposed in several countries that reopening at the beginning of the year would in the best of cases and in the middle of the year with moderate prospects. Implementing a tree without prior research is nonsense.

- That the introductions of the Nueve de Julio (two years ago) and Abreu (soon) appear to be attempts to keep the players of this region interested and, more importantly, to be studies of the market and international reception, more than an interest in applying a Tech Tree in the short term.

- That Wg-Wows-LA has changed its administration 2/3 times (both Hispanic and Portuguese-speakers) and has not developed continuous programs to create content for the region.  I am not a fool, specific activities such as events have been developed (in Argentina, Brazil or Mexico), yutubers have been hired (and fired), prices of services have been lowered (a sincere: thank you Wg) and advertisements (pop-ups) have been paid. But until today it has not been shown to have a substantial or comprehensive interest in generating regional own content; I mean to have exhibitors, historians, designers or professionals on issues related to the game, the warships and the region (aka some kind of The Chieftain). A few weeks ago a Manager was incorporated into the Spanish forum, so we will see if history repeats itself or if a new stage begins.

- That the region (from Mexico to Chile) is only important in the market for its number of users (not for its individual purchasing power) so it is essential to continuously promote the Spanish-Portuguese community (to incorporate new players and recover those who have abandoned the game) with efforts of communication, production, correction of forms, etc. For its part, at the other extreme, the North American and European region is much more demanding in terms of the quality of these contents, so it is essential that the ships and branches to be implemented have originality and not a mere compilation of ships ordered in a row and ready for sale (such as the Chinese destroyers).

- That forum members interested in giving ad honorem support to Wg-Wows (among whom I include myself, but I do not have to be selected for this) to carry out these investigations should have the opportunity to be heard to add exclusive content that could not be applied in the game without them. Being heard, of course, is not equivalent to having a voice in decision-making, but it would illuminate the way so as not to create absurd content and label it as Latino (for example, taking super-dreadnoughts designs from the mid-1910s and applied them in higher tiers or create fake battleships as the italian tier X, when there are proposals for ships that are popularly unknown or, still, undisclosed).

- It is very difficult to create content for the Latino community, so Wg-Wows has to pay attention to details and encourage a certain unity. This community is extremely toxic (ignorant, jingoistic and racist), so in order to encourage proper conduct it is important to invest time in "re-educating" it in the forum and in strengthening the informative content (articles about ships or stories on dates patriotic, for example) and invest money (managed) in events in the capitals of the most relevant countries in this region.

I hope that the aforementioned does not generate any offense. It seems appropriate to me that english-speakers take into account some details to understand the Latino community and its ships. Regards

Edit: Fixed words and expressions.

Edited by COLDOWN
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Meh 1

[FURIA]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,984 posts
6,135 battles
3 hours ago, tcbaker777 said:

You can make a Pan-am tree with premiuns with out using much clones. Thre are neare 30 destroyers type, may be a docen of cruisers and handfull of battleships and few carriers. 

Destroyers:  With so many to choose from is a matter to pick the top tier to define the style. In the tops tier the most intresting are the ARC 20 de Julio (Based in the Halland but with one more turret and less torpedoes and speed) Williams (3300tons destroyer with 4 small gun that fire 50 shots per minute, will function like a sort of Haruguno) ARBV Nueva Esparta (Sort of a lightning hull with Daring style guns but with few torps). From tier 6 onward the line only carry 1 Torpedo launcher set. This will be clearly a gun oriented line. Actually 20 de Julio if we use the historical values will be Op from the start (6 * 40 shots per minute). No clone needed here 

Cruisers: More complex but factible. Here we have the armored cruisers from early XX century (Garibaldy's in any gun configuration) and after that most of the continent use the 152mm guns. We dont have so many to choose from. La Argentina coudl be a excelent mid tier (fast firing but slow with 30knots)   Bahia is an example of low tier, and we have some designs for top tier as (Vickers 1124a a sort of light Neptune for Argentina). We can make a light cruiser line with the strange Bronw/25de Mayo as premiuns, but we may have to use 1 clone. 

Battleships. Easy for the low tiers: Minas Gerais, Rivadavia and Latorre. the never completed Riachuelo for tier 6. Another more ambitious Riachuelo designs for tier 7. The Gonzale's proposed argentine battleship for tier 8 (resembling the littorio configuration) but we still lack tier 9 and 10. I guess if Wg want another BB line they could make a concept ship lik the new americna line.

Carriers: There are a few for premiun. With desgins and colossus converted you have a few nice ships. You can use the argentines strange aircraft but is a far shot.

So Destroyers: a line  and premiuns with out using clones; Cruisers, a line and premiuns using 1 clone; Battleships and Carriers lack the tier 10.

In the entire tree you only need 1 clone. Not really too much.

• Cool 4

[CTU]
Members
141 posts
17,610 battles
15 hours ago, COLDOWN said:

(ignorant, jingoistic and racist)

you forgot xenophobic my friend, sadly, we don't get that well along. But returning to the topic at hand, having reed your research into a panamerican line i'm confident we could get some ships that comply with WGs way of filling blanks without the use of many clones. however, i would like to see some of the most known clones, that did existed, that underwent local refits, like's ARA Rosales D22 (ex USS Stembel (DD-644)) that gor radar and CIC control updates in the 50's under the "Taller de Tecnicas y Tacticas de Puerto Belgrano", i really don't know if other countries in LATAM did things like that, but i'm certain that Argentinean ships, got reffits almost as soon as they got in service.  

• Cool 1

[NUWES]
Members
3,243 posts
11,541 battles
On 10/18/2020 at 1:59 PM, Prisma7 said:

We have seen a few stuffs about Brazil recently, like symbols and emblems. Reading the developers blog, i found they are planning to release for next update a Brazil Naval Flag, Unique Panamerican Commander Francisco Ferreira Filho, Brazil expendable camoflage and a premium Tier II cruiser Almirante Abreu (Admiral Abreu).

image.thumb.png.29e3f9c529960f7ad764628f70f76c5d.png

image.thumb.png.383d1d35292107ccf33817a14d0a0252.png

image.thumb.png.36f46a6f4621865364c624bfcc50e4d7.png

Cruisers and BBs certainly existed up to about T7. DDs existed up through T10 courtesy of the Gearing and Allen M. Sumner classes (Yueyang) at minimum. It actually wouldn't be hard finding the ships. The main thing will be giving them something that is different from existing ships like Gearing and Yueyang.

They also operated WWII era aircraft carriers, most of which are ex UK Colossus class CLs. They would be about T6. They also operated some submarines. 

[ARGSY]
Members
21,677 posts
15,723 battles
17 hours ago, COLDOWN said:

so it is essential that the ships and branches to be implemented have originality and not a mere compilation of ships ordered in a row and ready for sale

You're going to end up with a combination of both, but unlike the Pan-Asian line the South American navies had a historically good number of ships that were primarily ordered and built for (or at least designed for and marketed to) those navies rather than being hand-me-downs like Boise/NDJ. NDJ was a good technical choice to get the "Pan-Am" nation in the game (whatever the controversies surrounding the ship's eventual fate and use), but the tech tree has the potential to be so much more.

• Cool 3

[FURIA]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,984 posts
6,135 battles
1 hour ago, Tzarevitch said:

DDs existed up through T10 courtesy of the Gearing and Allen M. Sumner classes (Yueyang) at minimum. It actually wouldn't be hard finding the ships. The main thing will be giving them something that is different from existing ships like Gearing and Yueyang.

Actually there is plenty of more intresting and original ships than the second hands destroyers. As I said it earlier you have the 20dejulio (Like Halland/Smalland but with an extra tower for an amazing dpm) the Williams (shooting 50 shots per minute she will be the faster guns in the game) and the Nueva Esparta (the AA monster for tier 8). All of them are unique high tier gunships.

You still can use the Gearings and fletchers for premiums, but the core line doesn't need them.

[CTU]
Members
141 posts
17,610 battles
29 minutes ago, Talleyrand said:

fletchers for premiums, but the core line doesn't need them

i would like the ARA Rosales Thank you very much. (my father was one of her commanders.)

• Cool 2

Privateers
53 posts
2,909 battles
20 hours ago, Tzarevitch said:

Cruisers and BBs certainly existed up to about T7. DDs existed up through T10 courtesy of the Gearing and Allen M. Sumner classes (Yueyang) at minimum. It actually wouldn't be hard finding the ships. The main thing will be giving them something that is different from existing ships like Gearing and Yueyang.

They also operated WWII era aircraft carriers, most of which are ex UK Colossus class CLs. They would be about T6. They also operated some submarines. 

You still don't get it, isn't it? 

My friends have been explaining a lot that there is no need to use second handed ships. There are plenty of built or designed ships for a whole destroyer line, almost complete for cruisers and CVs :p

Need more research ma' man 

• Cool 1