You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

I SWEAR this is a serious question,, REALLY!

33 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
2,358 posts

EDIT...  I'm getting the usual straw comments from cutesie trolls  and some honest misunderstanding.

Just to be clear....

He was never OUT/disconnected from the game.. constant flights the whole time just chasing BBs to farm 20k  from the fight at the border .

We all know about internet disconnect and what they look  like .. This guy was never disconnected just not doing anything but farmin BBs on the border.

People asking for fighters may not know every single detail of a CV that JUST hit the waters so making fun of them is silly.  I never asked myself because I knew.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am NOT being snarky and not even ranting .. this is just a HUGE PUZZLE!

Yes we all know about wallet warriors who buy  T-9 and T-10 ships and play horribly because they are in WAY over their heads.

We all know that.

WG needs to make cash and they support the game ( and make easy targets ) for the rest of us.

BUT

T -10 STEEL Ships take forever to get and takes TONS of actual playing time and at least some skill to amass that much steel right?

FDR T-10 CV

Just left a match with one on my team.

DID NOTHING... Farmed a couple of BBS far away( poorly )  from the Base as I killed 3 DDs for him , everyone screaming for fighters, spotting ANYTHING from this guy.

We would have won easily but their CV had a real player in it and in the end their BB capped our base LOL ( he never scored a single kill. ) 

I know they have KIOSKS ( I would Hope they are not be letting people play games like this on the live server so we all waste our time effort and resources ) and I really don't want to hear about some unicum that let's his/her 10 year old play on their account either,, I don't believe a person who plays that high in this game with just let some kid throw away their win rate etc..

The CV didn't even try to move and was easily blapped out of existence.

HOW do you get 33,000 STEEL  to buy a ship like that and not know what this game OR a CV is about?

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 3

[CO-OP]
Members
1,977 posts
25,791 battles

Could be someone's kid who got ahold of an account.  If they're a unicum, one or two losses isn't going to hurt their WR.

Edited by HamptonRoads

Members
2,084 posts
32,295 battles

Could be any number of reasons that that person did not perform as you would expect someone to with that ship in that particular battle.

Life happens, sometimes you have to just let go of the keyboard and mouse and deal with things.

[POSM]
Members
139 posts
1,952 battles

Remember, you can fail your way to high ranks and get steel, could’ve bought an account from someone, could have chat turned off and for some reason decided to play FDR as their first cv. Did you check the account stats after?

[WOLF7]
Members
447 posts
18 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Yes we all know about wallet warriors who buy  T-9 and T-10 ships and play horribly because they are in WAY over their heads.

We all know that.

WG needs to make cash and they support the game ( and make easy targets ) for the rest of us.

BUT

T -10 STEEL Ships take forever to get and takes TONS of actual playing time and at least some skill to amass that much steel right?

FDR T-10 CV

DID NOTHING... Farmed a couple of BBS far away( poorly )  from the Base as I killed 3 DDs for him , everyone screaming for fighters, spotting ANYTHING from this guy.

We would have won easily but their CV had a real player in it and in the end their BB capped our base LOL ( he never scored a single kill. ) 

I know they have KIOSKS ( I would Hope they are not be letting people play games like this on the live server so we all waste our time effort and resources ) and I really don't want to hear about some unicum that let's his/her 10 year old play on their account either,, I don't believe a person who plays that high in this game with just let some kid throw away their win rate etc..

HOW do you get 33,000 STEEL  to buy a ship like that and not know what this game OR a CV is about?

PC could have crashed and he could have had to do a full reboot. Happens sometimes. Power outage, ISP service outage in his area, could have experienced a serious health issue, etc. There are any number of reasons. We are real live people playing this game, with all of the "everyday life" stuff that occurs that comes with that. 

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,669 posts
21 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

FDR T-10 CV

The FDR is the latest thing in CVs and some may see the CCs playing it and doing well then think that they can do the same. They, however, may be disappointed unless they are already an above-average CV player.

This is why I'm not too concerned about CVs "ruining" the game -- most CV players, including myself, are barely capable to average. The unicum CV players number only a handful, I'm not sure that I've even seen one since the rework, though I've seen several halfway decent CV players that play for the team rather than for themselves. Myself, I have noticed that my team tends to win more when I mostly spot, rather than losing my planes to AA early on trying to attack. I never have figured out how to make my planes "impervious" to AA as many here say they are.

• Boring 2

[GOB]
Members
2,358 posts
10 minutes ago, jwatt_ said:

Remember, you can fail your way to high ranks and get steel, could’ve bought an account from someone, could have chat turned off and for some reason decided to play FDR as their first cv. Did you check the account stats after?

Never thought of that. I never look at players stats.. I'm more of a what have you done for me lately kinda guy. Next time I may do that though.

[GOB]
Members
2,358 posts
8 minutes ago, HamAndCheez said:

PC could have crashed and he could have had to do a full reboot. Happens sometimes. Power outage, ISP service outage in his area, could have experienced a serious health issue, etc. There are any number of reasons. We are real live people playing this game, with all of the "everyday life" stuff that occurs that comes with that. 

He was there the entire round.. just chasing 2 BBs that were 20K from the actual fight and ignoring everything else..

[WOLF7]
Members
447 posts
1 minute ago, Col_Nasty said:

He was there the entire round.. just chasing 2 BBs that were 20K from the actual fight and ignoring everything else..

Ah, I thought he didn't move the entire round. I've seen that before. I always try to give people like that the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he's a collector and just wanted the ship because it's unique and he normally doesn't play CV? Could be any number of reasons. Just finish the match, head back to port and load up a new one. 

[GOB]
Members
2,358 posts
1 minute ago, HamAndCheez said:

Ah, I thought he didn't move the entire round. I've seen that before. I always try to give people like that the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he's a collector and just wanted the ship because it's unique and he normally doesn't play CV? Could be any number of reasons. Just finish the match, head back to port and load up a new one. 

Yesh,,, just boggles the mind that someone would / could spend 33,000 steel and suck so badly.

[POSM]
Members
139 posts
1,952 battles
8 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Never thought of that. I never look at players stats.. I'm more of a what have you done for me lately kinda guy. Next time I may do that though.

I usually won’t check either it’s not worth the time, but if somebody does something either really good or really bad I’ll check their account just for curiosity. 

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,731 battles

It might also interest the OP to know that not every strike aircraft type on FDR has deployable fighters.

Perhaps I should introduce the pot to the kettle, here?

• Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
30,537 posts
9,213 battles
25 minutes ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

Clearly he lives in Colorado and was stoned.

Or maybe a Canadian, we can smoke it anywhere you can smoke a cigarette, even walking down the street. Can't do that with a beer lol.

I've seen cops pulling plants out of their cruiser, returning them to the guy they were stolen from....

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,282 posts
12,961 battles
1 hour ago, Col_Nasty said:

We all know that.

BUT

FDR T-10 CV

Two things:

1) Contrary to popular belief, using a CV takes a fair amount of skill. Some are the same skills other ship types need, others are unique to CV's. It's been like this both under RTS and with the rework CV's, just different skill sets. You can have some skill in a surface ship, while having no useful skill in a CV. What you have just spelled out, is this CV player was using his CV exactly how bad non-CV players think CV's are played. (Sitting still, farming everyone for damage, doing nothing for the team, ect...). Looks a lot like a player that claims CV's take no skill to play whatsoever found out that they doesn't have the skills to play a CV. Oh the Irony.

2) There's no penalty for failure. They can fail their way to tier 10, they can fail their way to most rewards, they just have to play enough games. Given long enough, they can get whatever ship they want. Also wouldn't surprise me if this is someone who picked up a potentially OP ship they thought would "make them good" and found out the hard way that even the most OP ship is useless if the captain doesn't know how to use it.

Edited by SgtBeltfed
  • Cool 1

[OIL-1]
Members
1,291 posts
48 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

I never look at players stats

I've been looking at player stats since my very first battles on WoT.
You can see a lot of fascinating things.
Guys with every premium ship, but almost no tech tree ships.
Guys with 500 combined battles, but half a dozen tier 10 ships.
Guys that you just saw make a big rookie mistake, that have a 65% w/r.
Some real head scratchers out there.

• Thanks 1

[O_O]
Members
6,745 posts
16,080 battles
6 minutes ago, z9_ said:

Guys that you just saw make a big rookie mistake, that have a 57% w/r.

Oh, that is SO me.  :Smile_sad:  I typically pull that move a couple of times a day.

• Haha 1

[GWG]
Members
85 posts
5,634 battles

I played around 30 games today... all co-op.

I was DISCONNECTED on 9 of those games.

I filed a ticket.  This is absolutely ludacrous.  I'm trying to make 70K damage in Naval Battles, and the action freezes just as the battle gets heated up.

Switch to the other account -- same thing.

SWITCH COMPUTERS...

Now instead of the action freezing, I get 'Missing Resource' as the game self terminates.

My health (and my keyboards) can't take this kind of abuse.  

--- I believe this is what your FDR was doing -- constantly getting a disconnect.   There is no way to win when the software is screwing you.

Despite that, I got 8 out of 10.  I managed to restart the game and get the required damage amounts before getting blapped.

• Funny 1

[GOB]
Members
2,358 posts
1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

It might also interest the OP to know that not every strike aircraft type on FDR has deployable fighters.

Perhaps I should introduce the pot to the kettle, here?

Did I say I was asking for fighter?  

Love it when people take jabs at shadows.

Asking for fighter was the LEAST of what this tool didn't do.

But thanx for trying to defend him

[GOB]
Members
2,358 posts
31 minutes ago, AVR__Project said:

I played around 30 games today... all co-op.

I was DISCONNECTED on 9 of those games.

I filed a ticket.  This is absolutely ludacrous.  I'm trying to make 70K damage in Naval Battles, and the action freezes just as the battle gets heated up.

Switch to the other account -- same thing.

SWITCH COMPUTERS...

Now instead of the action freezing, I get 'Missing Resource' as the game self terminates.

My health (and my keyboards) can't take this kind of abuse.  

--- I believe this is what your FDR was doing -- constantly getting a disconnect.   There is no way to win when the software is screwing you.

Despite that, I got 8 out of 10.  I managed to restart the game and get the required damage amounts before getting blapped.

People keep missing this point, I must not have been clear. . he was never OUT/disconnected from the game.. constant flights the whole time just chasing BBs to farm 20k from the fight.

we all know about internet disconnect and what they look  like .. This guy was never disconnected just not doing anything but farmin BBs on the border.

[GOB]
Members
2,358 posts
1 hour ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

Clearly he lives in Colorado and was stoned.

It's legal here too. Maybe I was?

[NH]
Members
1,792 posts

The FDR is a very different CV from anything else out there. So the OP and teammates may be confused due to their lack of experience in it. The planes themselves are very slow and its often impossible to make it to a location to save a flailing teammate with fighters. In addition was the FDR player flying around in rocket planes without providing fighters? If so its because the rocket planes DO NOT have access to the fighter consumable. In addition to that the FDR cant target DDs reliably because they cant self spot a DD and shoot it at the same time with rockets. The team must first spot the DD for the CV in that case. The FDR is a BB killer first and foremost and that's exactly the target it should be going for. Cruisers are secondary targets. At best it can get a luck bomb drop off on a DD once every 25 seconds. They are level drop bombs and not dive bombers so its mostly RNG. FDRs are not going to waste their time in randoms just hovering doing nothing when their are other targets they can actually hit. Spotting should be a team effort and not up to the CV alone.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1