Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mahingan_

Deep Water Torpedoes

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
24 posts
10,639 battles

Just had a passing thought to help give the Pan Asian DD a little bit of love. As of this moment, there is no argument to take, say the YY, over a Gearing. What if we made deep water torps immune to hydro and once they passed a ship, they go dark again, based on their detection range. A YY torpedo has a detection of .8km, if an enemy DD spots them, once they pass that DD, have them go dark as soon as they get .8km away from that ship. This would require teams to pay attention as the torps are spotted to remember the path they are taking and I don't believe it would make the Pan Asian line overpowered. Any thoughts or suggestions from others?

  • Meh 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
865 posts
1,261 battles
2 hours ago, Mahingan_ said:

What if we made deep water torps immune to hydro

That would mean it's below the salt thermal layer, and if a torp goes THAT low they would only be useful against the Yamato designs.

Edited by black_hull4
repetitive typing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
24 posts
10,639 battles

I'm not aiming for realistic properties, the game is already beyond such things. Ignore realism and consider it just as a game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20
[DH4L]
Members
63 posts
10,418 battles
3 hours ago, Mahingan_ said:

As of this moment, there is no argument to take, say the YY, over a Gearing.

 

3 hours ago, Mahingan_ said:

A YY torpedo has a detection of .8km

So you provided an argument to take the YY over a Gearing in your own post. 

0.8km detection already makes it all but impossible to dodge the torps after they've been detected. Just compare the differerence in torpedo hit ratio between the YY and Gearing from your own stats.

image.thumb.png.8915e805ecb8d693e3c747d202333c2b.png

image.thumb.png.f2efce342d3ae8b67f5e85288bc07614.png

 

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,928
[PVE]
Members
6,939 posts
22,691 battles
1 hour ago, ImpalaCustom said:

So you provided an argument to take the YY over a Gearing in your own post. 

0.8km detection already makes it all but impossible to dodge the torps after they've been detected. Just compare the differerence in torpedo hit ratio between the YY and Gearing from your own stats.

image.thumb.png.8915e805ecb8d693e3c747d202333c2b.png

image.thumb.png.f2efce342d3ae8b67f5e85288bc07614.png

 

image.png

Not to mention (from his own stats) higher XP per battle/higher main battery hits/way higher spotting damage/& a 7 frag game compared to not even a Kraken in the Gearing.

But...those may all be pre YY nerf stats.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
24 posts
10,639 battles

I'm at a loss for words over what's happening in here. I did not say I can not make a YY work, I'm very curious why you bothered to look up my stats, considering they have absolutely nothing to do with anything being discussed. I'm not trying to compare myself to any of you, either stick to the criteria or don't post..? This is about hydro not detecting deep waters and deep waters going dark again, once far enough away from a ship that could see them. Read the original post.

Edited by Mahingan_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20
[DH4L]
Members
63 posts
10,418 battles
4 hours ago, Mahingan_ said:

I'm at a loss for words over what's happening in here. I did not say I can not make a YY work, I'm very curious why you bothered to look up my stats, considering they have absolutely nothing to do with anything being discussed. I'm not trying to compare myself to any of you, either stick to the criteria or don't post..? This is about hydro not detecting deep waters and deep waters going dark again, once far enough away from a ship that could see them. Read the original post.

You want the YY to be buffed. I pointed out that:

1. You contradicted yourself in your original post.

2. Looking at your own stats , not only is there no reason to give the YY a buff, there is especially no reason to give it the buff you're asking for.

 

Looking up stats is to determine if you've got a point, so they have everything to do with what is being discussed. If the ship is performing poorly overall or if you are performing relatively poorly compared to your other dd's, you might have a point. Neither is the case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
24 posts
10,639 battles
On 10/18/2020 at 3:02 AM, ImpalaCustom said:

You want the YY to be buffed. I pointed out that:

1. You contradicted yourself in your original post.

2. Looking at your own stats , not only is there no reason to give the YY a buff, there is especially no reason to give it the buff you're asking for.

 

Looking up stats is to determine if you've got a point, so they have everything to do with what is being discussed. If the ship is performing poorly overall or if you are performing relatively poorly compared to your other dd's, you might have a point. Neither is the case. 

I used the YY as an example because it has deep water torpedoes, you are misunderstanding the purpose of the post. The post is about deep water torpedoes, not about the YY. As for stats, you have fewer than 1k battles total ( I do not consider Co-op experience useful in the least ) and the statistics regarding those matches are around average. Since you mentioned my stats, I will ask who would potentially know more about issues, the newer player or the player who has been around a while and can obviously perform? As for stats compared ship to ship, your method assumes that I, as a player, had the same level of ability on each ship, this is not the case. Everybody begins this game at an average/below average ability, with some exceptions. While learning, the ships we go up first will inevitably have worse stats than the ships we play as we get better.

Moving on to the purpose of a buff to deep water torpedoes. The purpose of the Pan-Asian DD line was their deep water torpedoes, this may not be what the player base originally used them for but it is what Wargaming intended. Ever since Wargaming nerfed the YY's guns, because it was just a better version of Gearing at the time, it became a mostly obsolete ship that still sees very little use. I can not recall if Wargaming nerfed the guns on the rest of the line, I kind of doubt it, but they have, on numerous occasions, both nerfed and buffed the entire lines torpedo abilities. Since the torpedoes are clearly what the line is meant for, it makes sense to buff them in some way. Granted, my idea may not be the greatest, that's fine, that's what this forum is all about, pitching ideas to the community and discussing them. If you do not intend to discuss the idea at hand, please get off the post, I do not wish to play chess with a pigeon.

Edited by Mahingan_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
464
[5D2]
Members
406 posts
10,400 battles

I can also make the PA line work, and even be somewhat enjoyable.  However, it could certainly use a bit of a buff for competitive reasons.  My initial thought is a consumable rework, but that's kind of pointless as it wouldn't buff utility as much as just straight up OP them (imagine a YY with hydro).

What could be INTERESTING would be something like the HSF Harekaze concept.  Give several different hull configs with either differing gun or torpedo layouts.  This would allow you to either build it as a gunboat line, a torpedo line or a hybrid line.  Frankly, the Harekaze is one of the most interesting concepts they've introduced into the game and it would be nice to see more interesting lines like her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
506
[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,662 posts
12,125 battles
On 10/17/2020 at 7:20 PM, ImpalaCustom said:

 

So you provided an argument to take the YY over a Gearing in your own post. 

0.8km detection already makes it all but impossible to dodge the torps after they've been detected. Just compare the differerence in torpedo hit ratio between the YY and Gearing from your own stats.

image.thumb.png.8915e805ecb8d693e3c747d202333c2b.png

image.thumb.png.f2efce342d3ae8b67f5e85288bc07614.png

 

image.png

hit ratio is bonk stat.   Area denial, your % is going to be less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×