You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Whiskey_Rebel

So after all that, does anyone use the Puerto Rico?

55 comments in this topic

Members
367 posts
2,494 battles

Casual random-er here, so maybe I'm just missing them, but it seems like the PRs aren't getting used at all. Are they in Ops? Co-op? Did we all go a little crazy about a port queen?

• Funny 1

Members
804 posts

I see PRs occasionally, but not super often. Most US cruiser players seem to be sticking to either the DM or the Worcester, though it's possible that there aren't that many players still around who even earned/bought it.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,303 posts
4,905 battles

There are a couple. Maybe 5 times a year.

The Alaska is the better of the two. I'll be buying her at some point. I get into some desperate fights trying to delete a properly commanded Alaska. So I consider them on par with the Petro.

By and large most of the US cruisers are meh. There are a couple that do well which everyone and their kin uses in game. I just try to get rid of the radar ones first.

• Funny 1
  • Confused 1

[SIM]
Members
5,365 posts
8,845 battles

Alaska is arguably better, given that it gets tier IX MM and really isn’t that far behind PR in overall power. I rarely feel compelled to play my Puerto Rico anymore. 

[-A-8-]
Members
508 posts
20,513 battles

I see them once or twice a week. Sad to say there still seems to be a lot of salt directed at people playing them, maybe that puts people off.

• Cool 2

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,390 posts
4,198 battles

Probably the reason you don't see many is because not many people got one, having to grind through the holidays or pay a massively inflated price tends to do that. Adding in that you're probably still going to get abuse for playing one and that's it not a standout ship and they're pretty rare. PR isn't bad, but you have to be pretty good to get it to perform. So the list of people that have it and want to play it is pretty small. And that ship is now the poster child for everything the playerbase doesn't like about WG, that stigma is going to be around for a long while.

• Cool 1

Members
4,354 posts
4,615 battles

I've seen it a few times, I see a lot more Anchorages though. Have yet to see an Odin. Think i've only seen one once and they carried the game.   

[FOXY]
Members
1,137 posts
5,394 battles

ive seen *2* in the 3k battles ive done. Both in COOP.

I  have both the Odin and the Anchorage and i love taking them out. Being ignored by the enemy is great in both ships.

[FOXEH]
Members
1,931 posts
12,337 battles

Yes, I use it, it’s a good ship and hits like a ton of bricks with 12 12 inch guns.  It is a good ship.  

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Members
1,931 posts
12,337 battles
48 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:

I've seen it a few times, I see a lot more Anchorages though. Have yet to see an Odin. Think i've only seen one once and they carried the game.   

Anchorage just came out, the event isn’t even over yet, of course you are going to see more no right now....

[ASHIP]
Members
138 posts
10,693 battles

I love my P.R., it is one of my go to ships for Clan Battles!!! It is a great ship!!!!!!

[5D4]
Members
67 posts
4,552 battles

Yeah I play mine a few times a week, I love it. It’s a tankier and harder hitting Alaska. I’ve racked up several 3m+ potential dmg games in it, dont let anyone tell you it’s a worse Alaska. 

• Thanks 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,235 posts
21,634 battles

Pommern,  Agir and Siegfried are being used by me a little more.

Once I get bored I'll pull the PR out...

Played the crap out of it last clan battle so I'm tired of her...

• Thanks 1

[BOTO]
Members
1,355 posts
16,512 battles
2 hours ago, Whiskey_Rebel said:

Casual random-er here, so maybe I'm just missing them, but it seems like the PRs aren't getting used at all. Are they in Ops? Co-op? Did we all go a little crazy about a port queen?

I see a Puerto Rico several times a week but they are probably one of the rarest ships that I see played.

[BOTO]
Members
1,355 posts
16,512 battles
2 hours ago, xHeavy said:

There are a couple. Maybe 5 times a year.

The Alaska is the better of the two. I'll be buying her at some point. I get into some desperate fights trying to delete a properly commanded Alaska. So I consider them on par with the Petro.

By and large most of the US cruisers are meh. There are a couple that do well which everyone and their kin uses in game. I just try to get rid of the radar ones first.

Actually the US cruisers from Tier VII and up are very good, most people just don't play them well.

• Cool 1

[TXGUN]
Beta Testers
3,219 posts
26,847 battles

I play the P.R. every once in a while . I've notice when playing her I just feel the respect and attention she gets from the enemy.      hehehehehehe

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
33 posts
17,560 battles

I play mine quite often. Enjoy it more than the Alaska. Just a matter of what trips your trigger and what you enjoy to play.

[PSA]
Members
5,111 posts
3,732 battles

Very few people have it due to how cray cray that dockyard event was. It's mostly in the hands of CCs and hardcore wallet warriors. The grind to pick it up without paying a ton of money meant that during the *Christmas season*, when the dockyard went live, you had to completely skip out on seeing family, working, sleeping ... basically, anything other than playing this game. So for those people who wished to do anything other than play WOWS during the Christmas season, for example (gasp!) seeing loved ones, god forbid, it was out of reach.

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts

I've seen PR wreck faces in CB and randoms. It's basically a mini-Missouri with a seemingly unhittable citadel. It also huge and unwieldy so it gets hit a lot.

I'm gonna buy Alaska, some day.

I'd buy PR if it ever makes it to the store.

• Meh 1

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts
3 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

Very few people have it due to how cray cray that dockyard event was. It's mostly in the hands of CCs and hardcore wallet warriors. The grind to pick it up without paying a ton of money meant that during the *Christmas season*, when the dockyard went live, you had to completely skip out on seeing family, working, sleeping ... basically, anything other than playing this game. So for those people who wished to do anything other than play WOWS during the Christmas season, for example (gasp!) seeing loved ones, god forbid, it was out of reach.

You don't sound bitter about it, like, at all. Lol.

I agree with you. I skipped the event. Wasn't gonna lose a wink of sleep or a second of family time over that fiasco.

[5D4]
Members
67 posts
4,552 battles
Just now, thebigblue said:

I've seen PR wreck faces in CB and randoms. It's basically a mini-Missouri with a seemingly unhittable citadel. It also huge and unwieldy so it gets hit a lot.

I'm gonna buy Alaska, some day.

I'd buy PR if it ever makes it to the store.

With double rudder mod it’s the opposite of unwieldy, it’s actually incredibly nimble. Very easy to dodge incoming shells in a kiting position, and with 30mm upper belt you’re bouncing any shells under 431mm. PR is easily the tankiest cruiser in game if you don’t try to play it nose in like a Stalingrad

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,856 posts
26,403 battles
2 hours ago, guns_at_last_light said:

I see PRs occasionally, but not super often. Most US cruiser players seem to be sticking to either the DM or the Worcester, though it's possible that there aren't that many players still around who even earned/bought it.

That may partly be for the UU. If the old mission was started by earlier this year, anyone who did so has until 12/31 to finish it outside the RB. No need to spend game time on PR (or even Alaska for that matter,) when you’re trying to get a UU finished.

As to your question, @Whiskey_Rebel, I have seen a few in Co-op. I’ll likely play mine there this weekend.

[PSA]
Members
5,111 posts
3,732 battles
16 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

You don't sound bitter about it, like, at all. Lol.

I agree with you. I skipped the event. Wasn't gonna lose a wink of sleep or a second of family time over that fiasco.

Heh, nah. Wasn't too emotionally invested in it. When I saw what the requirements to get it would be, I pretty much entirely skipped out on the event and even the game as a whole during that month, lol.

[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,838 battles

I see more Puertos then I do Siegfrieds, Shikishimas and Slavas. But dozens more Ohios then I do Puertos.

If there was a stat website that showed battles played on a weekly basis, it'd be the most telling here.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,642 posts

I play mine when I can.   Not as often as I'd like,  because I have so many ships in port- with captains that need work and grinds to finish.   Also,  it didn't really fit many of the mission parameters right now.

The over the top drama just makes me like it more.   Fun, imagining someone's head exploding just at the sight of it, lol.

As someone else said- it's a good ship.   Hard to argue with a dozen 12" guns with cruiser accuracy, and US AP, lol.    The meta really doesn't favor ships like it right now though- that may be why you see so few.  (especially in Co-op)

• Cool 1