You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
gbgentry

Halsey w/Georgia or Dunkirk w/Thunderer?

8 comments in this topic

[F4E-2]
Alpha Tester
1,196 posts

I’m about to have enough coal to buy either of those ships and have both captains not really being used right now (15pts).  I have a few USN BBs (highest is t8) but nothing outside of Warsprite for British BBs.  Thoughts?

[WOLFC]
Members
5,898 posts
16,516 battles

Halsey is a very good captain for USN BBs. Enhanced EM is very nice, and being able to swap from 16” AP to HE in 7.5s is very powerful.

I would reccomend Georgia, as it seems you will get more mileage out of her as a captain trainer. A lot of players run her in a secondary build, but I like to run a more traditional BB build. Those 457s with supercruiser dispersion do good work.

[Y0L0]
Members
2,237 posts
11,069 battles

I'd personally say Thunderer.

Both are "rumoured" to be the most likely candidates if anything is being removed soon, and Georgia is acquirable via multiple means.

[WDWL]
Members
1,521 posts
13,327 battles

I have both, I prefer Ga.  Thunderer is a much easier ship to farm raw damage in but the Ga. (at least for me) is better for making impactful plays.

[VORTX]
Members
847 posts
11,974 battles

I have Georgia now and it is such a fun ship. Fast, flexible and hits really hard. It doesn’t take well, but it’s not super flimsy either. Brawling one on one with most BB are fine, but it really excellent at DD and cruisers with those secondaries. I am about 2/3 to thunderer which I am going to grab, but I don’t have a great relationship with brits. I have Warspite and Nelson, both are fine ships but a bit on the boring side for me. 

[-N-]
Members
76 posts
1,659 battles

Georgia needs a secondary spec captain, like for Massachusets :Smile_smile:

Edited by mudcracker

[ARPGT]
Members
1,257 posts
18,877 battles

Halsey with Georgia. Get a lot of confederates with Georgia. 

Thunderer puts up massive dmg numbers but if you want to influence the battle you have to switch ammo and push when the game changes. I dev strike a lot of cruisers that have seen me farm he and have no clue I switched to ap. Early game she wants to sit deep and farm. She isn’t tanky but pushing out a collapsing flank she can angle and push. Don’t want to rush early 

[ALL41]
[ALL41]
Members
68 posts
19,647 battles

I have both...with a 19 point Halsey in my Georgia and a 19 point Dunkirk in my Thunderer. They are two of my favorite, most-fun, most-played ships.  I recommend getting Thunderer first, as I fear it will be removed from the armory for the same reasons the Jean Bart and Smolensk were removed.