Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CautionImAPotato

The Video Game Version of the board game Battleship

9 comments in this topic

Members
1,872 posts

Ahh, I see.

Nice, he made a video about the maximap.

For those who don't recognize him, that is PotatoQuality, BB main streaming on Twitch. His streams are nice and chill, and he offers to help/coach people on playing BBs.

• Cool 1

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
52,536 battles
11 minutes ago, shinytrashcan said:

Ahh, I see.

Nice, he made a video about the maximap.

For those who don't recognize him, that is PotatoQuality, BB main streaming on Twitch. His streams are nice and chill, and he offers to help/coach people on playing BBs.

Interesting, I often use the dispersion bubble to lead when ships are behind islands.🤔

But going all in on maximap is hilarious.🤣

If WG decided to go with a BB rework, This is it. RTS BBs.😱

This guy is amazing.

👍👍 Chuck Norris approves this.

[PVE]
Members
10,587 posts
31,094 battles

Did they enlarge the mini map ability or is that a mod?

I don't recall mini maps being able to get that large (or maybe it's just because I always keep it at the size I'm used to & never checked).

That was definitely fun to watch...wish there would have been some close up action in there too just to see how effective/detrimental it would be at close range.

[OIL-1]
Members
2,306 posts

Kinda remember a video game version of the board game from back in the 90's. Never played it. Only played the board game a couple times. It was dumb.

[LSNB]
Members
1,791 posts
7,443 battles

Welp, time to go stare at the minimap more. It's clearly overpowered...

Edited by destawaits

Members
1,872 posts
22 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

id they enlarge the mini map ability or is that a mod?

I don't recall mini maps being able to get that large (or maybe it's just because I always keep it at the size I'm used to & never checked).

That was definitely fun to watch...wish there would have been some close up action in there too just to see how effective/detrimental it would be at close range.

Depends, there are mods out there that allow you to do this in-game and others where you can mod it yourself by editing the right text file.

The "Autospy" minimap has if I remember correctly an option where you can adjust the minimap zoom steps in game to your liking. I found this really helpful not for going to the extreme shown here but using a slightly different stepping (i.e. instead of ..,"2.0", "2.5" going to "2.0","2.25",..) to maximize the map without interfering with the reticle.

[PVE]
Members
10,587 posts
31,094 battles
4 hours ago, shinytrashcan said:

Depends, there are mods out there that allow you to do this in-game and others where you can mod it yourself by editing the right text file.

The "Autospy" minimap has if I remember correctly an option where you can adjust the minimap zoom steps in game to your liking. I found this really helpful not for going to the extreme shown here but using a slightly different stepping (i.e. instead of ..,"2.0", "2.5" going to "2.0","2.25",..) to maximize the map without interfering with the reticle.

I was just wondering if you can get the mini map that large w/just the vanilla client w/out mods or if mods are required to do so.