You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
sammysayso

Your Chat bans are stupidly bias~!

92 comments in this topic

Members
20 posts

I've been banned for calling a team sh**! Yet I've seen people tell people to f off and other things and you do nothing! How bout you stop playing bias moderators and let us control who we tolerate in chat!

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Boring 7
  • Meh 4

[UNC]
Members
1,216 posts
7,311 battles

Probably an auto-ban due to multiple reports by players.  No moderators involved.  Sounds like the system is working exactly the way you want it to.  Players reported you, you got banned.  Don't want a ban, don't be a jackwagon in chat.

• Cool 17
  • Thanks 4
  • Meh 3

Supertest Coordinator
7,217 posts
14,359 battles

I mean, the way to become chat banned is usually to say offensive language first, and then get chat banned. So, them saying the F word usually implies that they'll get chat banned...

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[STURM]
Members
740 posts
6,848 battles

I would very much like to know how you know what punishments other players are receiving.

[0456]
Members
3,945 posts
10,545 battles
2 minutes ago, Muninn77 said:

I would very much like to know how you know what punishments other players are receiving.

Shh... he's just venting. :cap_old:

Edited by _ENO_
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,919 posts
15,596 battles
37 minutes ago, sammysayso said:

I've been banned for calling a team sh**! Yet I've seen people tell people to f off and other things and you do nothing! How bout you stop playing bias moderators and let us control who we tolerate in chat!

It takes reports over multiple matches for a chat ban to go into effect so that single word probably wasn't even the trigger. I have no experience with chat bans but I think that you get a message when it is done by support.

[D-H-O]
WoWS Community Contributors
4,755 posts
19,503 battles
42 minutes ago, sammysayso said:

So firstly our chat ban system is only biased to improper language.

Most of the time, chat bans are applied AFTER the fact. This is why you'll see it in game, doesn't mean they didn't get chat banned after.

Don't use toxic language don't get chat banned.

-Hapa

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Meh 1

[-N-]
Members
76 posts
1,659 battles

Wargaming chat bans players for normal slang usage, yet lets players on their other games keep racist and inflammatory IGN's. :Smile_trollface:

Edited by mudcracker
  • Meh 1

[YORHA]
Members
5,460 posts
11,847 battles
2 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

So firstly our chat ban system is only biased to improper language.

Most of the time, chat bans are applied AFTER the fact. This is why you'll see it in game, doesn't mean they didn't get chat banned after.

Don't use toxic language don't get chat banned.

-Hapa

4ii3to.jpg

• Haha 1

[D-H-O]
4,755 posts
19,503 battles
3 minutes ago, mudcracker said:

Wargaming chat bans players for normal slang usage, yet lets players on their other games keep racist and inflammatory IGN's. :Smile_trollface:

This is not true at all, if you see these screen names and you put tickets in or PM me on discord with violations they are taken care of too.

Just. Because. You. Don't. See. It. Doesn't. Mean. It. Doesn't. Happen.

-Hapa

• Cool 5
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
27,924 posts
40,347 battles
5 minutes ago, mudcracker said:

WG doesn't go hunting for bad in-game names, but if you screen capture someone's EULA violating name and submit a support ticket on it (with the screen capture), WG will remove their name.  The the good thing is that this is one time when you can learn if WG acted or not, because you can look up the offending name a little while later, and learn if it's been removed or not.  Note that this also applies to EULA violating clan names or clan tags.

[SALVO]
Members
27,924 posts
40,347 battles
4 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

This is not true at all, if you see these screen names and you put tickets in or PM me on discord with violations they are taken care of too.

-Hapa

Actually, Hapa, this is one instance where one can learn if the EULA offending name has been removed by support.  Just do a search for the name and if it's gone, then support did something.  And the same holds true for offending clan names or clan tags.

[-N-]
Members
76 posts
1,659 battles
3 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

You are correct Hapa, I was just being a donkey type animal.

There is one occasion that seems to have slipped through the cracks though, even after having been reported on another WG game. Under the current political and racial climate it doesn't seem to be very kosher. Will pm you.

[AAA]
Members
297 posts
24,741 battles
13 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

-Hapa

This is absolutely false. I have reported several names for racism, homophobia and circumventing the profanity moderators. Yet they still exist in game. I send in tickets with screenshots. 

• Cool 1

[D-H-O]
4,755 posts
19,503 battles
1 minute ago, xXUglykidXx said:

This is absolutely false. I have reported several names for racism, homophobia and circumventing the profanity moderators. Yet they still exist in game. I send in tickets with screenshots. 

So PM me your ticket numbers then and I can take a look.

Because we DO NOT allow this if it is a valid violation.

-Hapa

• Meh 1

[D-H-O]
4,755 posts
19,503 battles
10 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

Solution to fear of being chat banned.

Disable chat. End of problem. No bans.

Or, just try to be civil in chat....

• Thanks 3

[SALVO]
Members
15,654 posts
9,795 battles
23 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Hapa, do you have people checking IGNs in spanish and protuguese? I've seen a couple slangs that are very local (and very out of line!), I would understand if someone using translator doesn't get the full meaning of it... any way to help deal with it? PM with explanation?

[D-H-O]
4,755 posts
19,503 battles
2 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Hapa, do you have people checking IGNs in spanish and protuguese? I've seen a couple slangs that are very local (and very out of line!), I would understand if someone using translator doesn't get the full meaning of it... any way to help deal with it? PM with explanation?

We do, but as you can imagine this isn't so easy. Which is why we ask that you put reports in, or I tell players often times, PM me a screen shot with improper names and a brief explanation (since sometimes context helps). I am sure that @Maredraco and @ParceNautico will be more than willing to take care of these!

Good questions and thank you for bringing that up!

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Thanks 1

[D-H-O]
4,755 posts
19,503 battles
17 minutes ago, xXUglykidXx said:

ALSO, I have players PM me all the time with screen shots on Discord and we change those names live! That being said they NEED to be violations.

-Hapa

[-N-]
Members
76 posts
1,659 battles
8 minutes ago, xXUglykidXx said:

I have reported several names for racism, homophobia and circumventing the profanity moderators. 

You're reporting others for IGN's that are politically incorrect, but you're using the word "Ugly" in reference to kids in your own name.

Pot calling the kettle black at all, lol? :Smile_trollface:

[PVE]
Members
622 posts
14,415 battles
25 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Or, just try to be civil in chat....

That may be a novel concept for some people. Apparently some people aren't taught civil discourse when they grow up.

• Thanks 1

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
52,536 battles

Say something bad, and players report, then system does as advertised. You can appeal it but be prepared to submit that replay. And also be prepared to be subject to the scrutiny of EULA if you started it first.

So, be guuuuuddd.