Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Bingo

Big Oof

22 comments in this topic

[ICEY]
Volunteer Moderator
485 posts

image.thumb.png.4838dfa54273d4359788e0a4afcafccb.png

Played the objective, capped 2 out of 3 points. Spotted as much as I could instead of farming damage. And then the whole team collapses and our lead on points gets overtaken.

Had this happen multiple times. Anyone else notice a pattern?

• Boring 1

[RLGN]
Members
18,927 posts
34,444 battles

Yeah...

Bonus WTH?!? points when you finish on top in a tough fight, only to look up and what you thought was a winning game is gone, and you and 1-2 others are all that’s left...

[-IA-]
Beta Testers
194 posts
5,756 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Bingo said:

Yeah, you were in all those battles!

:cap_haloween:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[SALVO]
Members
15,569 posts
9,750 battles
54 minutes ago, Admiral_Bingo said:

image.thumb.png.4838dfa54273d4359788e0a4afcafccb.png

Played the objective, capped 2 out of 3 points. Spotted as much as I could instead of farming damage. And then the whole team collapses and our lead on points gets overtaken.

Interesting development. I will venture to guess...

Your CV scared the red DDs away from cap, allowing your side to get early caps and advantage, but probably bleeding some HP in the process. Sadly your back line support was trash and when the enemy heavies pushed forward, they melted/gave ground and you were pushed away from cap. Not really sure if the enemy USN Cruisers were in very good positions or was just tour CV being dumb and wasting planes going at them, apparently your CV paid very little attention to the red DDs while the enemy CV was paying a lot of attention to your DDs.

In short looks like your team DDs did what they could but didn't had enough support to hold onto the gains. Your BBs were really bad. The enemy team looks a bit better rounded.

Members
4,708 posts
16,402 battles
2 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

In short looks like your team DDs did what they could but didn't had enough support to hold onto the gains. Your BBs were really bad. The enemy team looks a bit better rounded.

Yep. Those top tier BBs didnt do much of anything before they died.

Enemy team was just probably better overall. 

Edited by Rollingonit

[Y0L0]
Members
2,237 posts
11,029 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Bingo said:

Is it sad that I've found myself needing to do this commonly in Thunderer?

I'm thankful for the extreme concealment that thing has that allows me to do it though.

[ICEY]
Volunteer Moderator
485 posts
33 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Interesting development. I will venture to guess...

Your CV scared the red DDs away from cap, allowing your side to get early caps and advantage, but probably bleeding some HP in the process. Sadly your back line support was trash and when the enemy heavies pushed forward, they melted/gave ground and you were pushed away from cap. Not really sure if the enemy USN Cruisers were in very good positions or was just tour CV being dumb and wasting planes going at them, apparently your CV paid very little attention to the red DDs while the enemy CV was paying a lot of attention to your DDs.

image.png.3a4fec03984e3ef5807a5aefac0016d2.png

The map was basically this the entire time. The CV scared the enemy DD from A point and then as soon as the Black pushes up, he somehow gets torpedoed by a Shimakaze and the entire A flank collapsed. On the C cap, I managed to radar a DD with my Hsienyang and the team killed it fast. The battleships refused to push so the cruisers went first and died fast. I go and try to cap B but I get sandwiched between a flank advancing from A and a Des Moines that tried to rush me. Man, that ended quite badly. Surprising your predictions were quite accurate.

[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator, Privateers
3,828 posts
20,890 battles
3 minutes ago, Admiral_Bingo said:

Surprising your predictions were quite accurate.

you also may play the Hsienyang wrong or not full potential

https://replayswows.com/replay/110651#stats

• Boring 1

[EGO]
Members
113 posts
21,532 battles

If it helps, I've lost 8-kill games and 300k damage ones.  Much like the rest of life, sometimes giving your best and/or doing everything right is not enough.

Edited by Wrayeth

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
1 hour ago, Akeno017 said:

Is it sad that I've found myself needing to do this commonly in Thunderer?

I had an issue today, where a couple teammates went nasty on me because I refused to chase a kiting Zao into a crossfire situation in my Thunderer, while down to 1/3 HP, and heal on cooldown.

We could maybe have pulled off a win, but I was just in a particular mood, so I said, "welp, if you're going to call me useless, I don't want to make a liar out of you", stopped my ship,  turned off my AA, grabbed a beer, and went outside. (of course, I scored higher than the mouthiest one)

I felt a bit bad for my other teammates, but I don't need to put up with that crap, my credit balance and WR can handle it.

I think this will be my approach going forward.

Edited by Skpstr

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts
16 hours ago, Skpstr said:

I had an issue today, where a couple teammates went nasty on me because I refused to chase a kiting Zao into a crossfire situation in my Thunderer, while down to 1/3 HP, and heal on cooldown.

We could maybe have pulled off a win, but I was just in a particular mood, so I said, "welp, if you're going to call me useless, I don't want to make a liar out of you", stopped my ship,  turned off my AA, grabbed a beer, and went outside. (of course, I scored higher than the mouthiest one)

I felt a bit bad for my other teammates, but I don't need to put up with that crap, my credit balance and WR can handle it.

I think this will be my approach going forward.

You're probably a good contact concerning the Thunderer. Personally, it is probably one of three ships I pretty much, well... despise. So you know. 

What I want to know is the best means to attack her. I'm not finding anything handy which points me in a solid direction to attack and sink her. Mind you, I'm in a Kremlin. 

Can you provide any insights to her weak areas for an AP attack by a Kremlin? I'll even do HE if it helps. She just seems nearly unstoppable in some regards. 

tiafyc

[CNO]
Members
7,450 posts
23,087 battles
19 hours ago, Admiral_Bingo said:

This can happen.  It's just the way the game pans out sometimes.  

Also, keep in mind the ultimate "objective" is to win.  A key part of top level strategy is to understand when a team has a superior attrition position, even if they don't have any caps.  If a team can kill all the enemy (a winning objective) it doesn't matter how many cap points you have.  

The best situation is to get the caps AND establish a superior attrition position.  But can't always do that.

And even if you get the caps, it won't matter if your team loses the attrition contest, which appears to be the case here.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
4 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

You're probably a good contact concerning the Thunderer. Personally, it is probably one of three ships I pretty much, well... despise. So you know. 

What I want to know is the best means to attack her. I'm not finding anything handy which points me in a solid direction to attack and sink her. Mind you, I'm in a Kremlin. 

Can you provide any insights to her weak areas for an AP attack by a Kremlin? I'll even do HE if it helps. She just seems nearly unstoppable in some regards. 

tiafyc

Really, getting close is all that I can see working in a Kremlin.

Also, if he's running, try to hit that flat stern square on. I ended up in a brawl with another Thunderer yesterday, and I put AP through his stern for a 55+ salvo with front guns only.

If you stop, you're in trouble, because with Thunderer's dispersion, a blind toddler can land devastating salvoes on a stationary target. Don't let him kite you, turn away and go dark.

Better players might have more advice.

[-AFK-]
Members
1,475 posts
18,652 battles

Just in the last week the number of players that do not want to fight or don't know how to fight has increased so much so that they have over saturated the player pool that match maker is pulling from. 
Tier 8 seems exceptionally bad right now and no matter how hard you carry there is between 4-5 individuals that will go out of their way to throw the battle. 

[SALVO]
Members
15,569 posts
9,750 battles
15 minutes ago, Salvo_Creative said:

Just in the last week the number of players that do not want to fight or don't know how to fight has increased so much so that they have over saturated the player pool that match maker is pulling from. 
Tier 8 seems exceptionally bad right now and no matter how hard you carry there is between 4-5 individuals that will go out of their way to throw the battle. 

On the positive side, that means we have a lot of new players, and that's good... give them time to learn, try to coach them and understand newbies with T8 premiums is the new standard. Low tiers died, the new guys are (with some reason, if it can legitimately be done why wouldn't you?) going to learn the ropes in higher tiers. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts
5 hours ago, Skpstr said:

Really, getting close is all that I can see working in a Kremlin.

Also, if he's running, try to hit that flat stern square on. I ended up in a brawl with another Thunderer yesterday, and I put AP through his stern for a 55+ salvo with front guns only.

If you stop, you're in trouble, because with Thunderer's dispersion, a blind toddler can land devastating salvoes on a stationary target. Don't let him kite you, turn away and go dark.

Better players might have more advice.

Far more advice than I had before asking! Thanks @Skpstr

• Cool 1

[-AFK-]
Members
1,475 posts
18,652 battles
3 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

On the positive side, that means we have a lot of new players, and that's good... give them time to learn, try to coach them and understand newbies with T8 premiums is the new standard. Low tiers died, the new guys are (with some reason, if it can legitimately be done why wouldn't you?) going to learn the ropes in higher tiers. 

Yup you are totally right, I might just sit back and take this chance to play a few other games more frequently till the Halloween event starts. Love this game to bits but it is healthy to have something else to play on occasion. 

Gonna go hunt me some Grizzly bears in Red dead online 

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
4 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Far more advice than I had before asking! Thanks @Skpstr

I did notice a typo though. It was actually a 45k+ salvo, not 55k+ lol.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
15,569 posts
9,750 battles
3 minutes ago, Salvo_Creative said:

Yup you are totally right, I might just sit back and take this chance to play a few other games more frequently till the Halloween event starts. Love this game to bits but it is healthy to have something else to play on occasion. 

Gonna go hunt me some Grizzly bears in Red dead online 

Aye, I'm gonna have a dip on Baldur's Gate 3 and probably gonna try Cyberpunk 2077 too. 

• Cool 1