Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

Naming And Fameing Time Again

5 comments in this topic

[TO07]
Members
4,226 posts
31,083 battles

They don't happen all that often but when they do WOW what a feeling.

Just got out of a Tier 8 / 10 match in Northern Waters, sadly I failed to get a screen shot of the score just before the clock hit zero, in fact my screen was slow coming up that I thought we lost, I was one of 3 ships left on our team against 2 enemy ships lock in a gun duel with Fletcher, both of us down to last HP firing wildly while dodging in coming shells.

The match started the usual way ships getting position and firing opening salvos at long range, DD's pushing caps, I went to B cap to stop the enemy from taking, there enemy CV sent a flight and I had to smoke up, 

0.9.1 PTS - New Map: Northern Waters - Archive - World of Warships official  forum

I had to leave the cap got caught by the CV and also under fire from Cruisers and the opposing DD, the main fights was at both A and C, our side grabbed C and they took A, moving over close to A I then swung back round and headed up towards the enemy lines it was hear i could see the enemy Benson behind the island he smoked up, i fire 2 salvos at him turn and fired the second salvos, the first 8 torpedoes missed him but I got 2 hits one from each salvo and he went down.

By now we had forced the enemy back and had taken  C, at A the red team pushed through, however I think by then we had lost more ships and they were leading, what was left of A Force was about  2 or 3 ships began to fall back towards island  between A and B, while this was happening I grabbed B so we now had 2 caps, but there enemy CV was remorseless fortunately @BottlEye in his Kidd was on fire racking up 27 plane kills by match end.

The battle swayed from one side to the other with the lead as ships went down, moving to towards the back end of the map C side where our Vlad @PubturtleSr and there Yamato @GhostX104 were having slugging match at almost point blank range, with Ghost taking the honours, so both myself and Bottleye went there to uphold pubs honour but another swing in the battle took place and our Yamato went down with colours flying high so it was left to me to the avenging with little help from a couple of other ships firing the odd random long range salvo.

By this time B had been taken by the REDS and they we in a sold position, there CV @Sysiphus1  working over time to try destroy us DD's, on the other side our own CV @huhukiki hammering there BB's pushing through B cap.

With the clock running down and ships succumbing to a watery grave it was down to 4 of us against 3 of them fighting over B cap, I was moving to strike at there Massa @CaptainLeprechaun but our Thunderer @TheRealFLANK_STEAK fired a massive kill shot on him, giving us the chance to take back B cap.

After securing it we edged past there enemy score but then there Fletcher @SolidMItchRapp struck the thunderer with a great torpedo salvo and we were behind again.

I glanced at the clock mere minutes left and behind, Bottleye and myself started trading shells and torpedoes with the Fletcher smoking up, and being constantly bombed by there CV, both of us were down low one hit and either of us were dead, what seemed like forever I moved around the centre island of B to get a better firing position only hear the sunk noise as bottleye went down the Fletcher's 5th kill ( well done Sir ), at this point I could hear the clock ticking down while dodging shells and desperately firing back at extreme range then it the clock stopped.

I was just sitting there waiting what felt like a eternity for the screen to come up with my heart pumping, we got home just but the Red Team just refused to surrender, they gave us one hell of a fight, one shell hit by the Fletcher was the all that stood between Defeat and Victory.

Its games like these that make it all worth while and why I WOWS everyday.

To the players I mentioned above and to the rest of both teams who put on a GRAND FINAL performance worthy of the best KOTS final.

shot-20_10.13_15_39.57-0812.thumb.jpg.06fc85eb51eebd49be2229e2dd1d7666.jpg

And for anyone interested in watching it here is the replay 

20201013_151052_PASD509-Benham_53_Shoreside.wowsreplay      

Edited by tm63au
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,430 posts
29,056 battles

Those "nail biter" games are the best. I actually don't care which side I am on if they go like that 'cause they are just plain fun.

• Cool 1

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
52,536 battles

If you have matches that leave everyone on the edge of their seats, then it was a great battle.

Congratz. Not many of those happen, but when they do, they are gold.

At least you shared it with us.

Thanks 👍

• Cool 1

[TO07]
Members
4,226 posts
31,083 battles
48 minutes ago, Khafni said:

Those "nail biter" games are the best. I actually don't care which side I am on if they go like that 'cause they are just plain fun.

Yeah your right i have been such a game where i have lost right on the bell was a bit glum for a moment but then realised wow this is when WOWS shines.

cheers  

• Cool 1

[TO07]
Members
4,226 posts
31,083 battles
43 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

If you have matches that leave everyone on the edge of their seats, then it was a great battle.

Congratz. Not many of those happen, but when they do, they are gold.

At least you shared it with us.

Thanks 👍

It can be very disheartening playing matches sometimes when mistakes are made and a team more less throws the towel in.

I thought we were gone early but our Kidd was a inspiration to us all marshalling the troops, like wise the Fletcher on the red team, that guy was everywhere, but all players just gave there best.

These kind of games stay with you , even if your on team that curbstomps your opponents you don't get that feeling, you might get a kracken and that's great but the moment does not last.

I of my Fav  battles was against The Rckles Clan in clan a battle and we lost but wow it was one our best and both teams got on like a house on fire after.

I have caught up with a couple of the Rckles in randoms and on the forum, great camaraderie.

Still hoping for that return match of course :Smile_teethhappy:   

cheers