You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Commander training question,,,,

7 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
4,227 posts
23,258 battles

if you pay 200,000 for training to cut it in half  can you finish training with ECXP??

I want to use Yamamoto and replace a 19 pointer  ( he's a 15 ) and move the 19 pointer to another ship.  Then build him to 19.

Trying to be smart about it.  This is not a Premium so I have to retrain.

So I was wondering, can I spend the 200K and then finish him off with ECXP for the second 50% or will it cost the same in ECXP either way?

Thankz for any input as always.  

[GOB]
Members
4,227 posts
23,258 battles
Just now, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Once you use credits to cut it in half, all you have to grind or ecxp/fxp is the remaining half.

Thanx! That's how I thought it would work but you never know!

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
36 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

...spend the 200K and then finish him off with ECXP for the second 50% 

Yup, that's the only way I retrain anymore.

[PVE]
Members
10,587 posts
31,090 battles
38 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

if you pay 200,000 for training to cut it in half  can you finish training with ECXP??

I want to use Yamamoto and replace a 19 pointer  ( he's a 15 ) and move the 19 pointer to another ship.  Then build him to 19.

Trying to be smart about it.  This is not a Premium so I have to retrain.

So I was wondering, can I spend the 200K and then finish him off with ECXP for the second 50% or will it cost the same in ECXP either way?

Thankz for any input as always.

Yes you can...& transferring before training him to 19 points is also the smart way to go about it so the transfer fee doesn't go up for him having more points.

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
52,536 battles

It's also a good idea to rotate captains you train. And that is what you are doing here.

Kudos for staying on top of this. Most players sit on their 19s. But if you go through the carousel a lot, just swap them out through premiums if you can or a favorite regular tech tree ship.

This gives you more flexibility later when you start to have more ships and also for the skills reset.

Right now, I am setting up the ones I plan to keep and have compiled a few that are getting cut during the skills reset.

What would be better is if WG allowed you to merge two captains.

But I guess they tried that and some captains had two heads or extra body parts 🤣.

[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts

I don't bother with the grind. I just hand over 2.50 in doubleloons.

Regarding commanders they have 10 points or no place on the list ready to go. They get brought to 13 with accelerated xp points if necessary.

I have a couple million more ready to convert a commander to 21 if that day ever comes around. Not too much else to spend it on. Some of my 13 to 17 commanders have been ground for 5 years and counting and not 19 yet. SO... I dispose of the grind now. And Wows get their money.

The problem is credits. That 200,000 is valuable. Add that to the growing pile.

For those who ask me WHY!? Its simple. Fighting humans in Random or Ranked requires a full up commander with active full skills capability. Sending a commander with half skills is a recipe to be sunk summarily when your smoke for example quits after a short time.

Edited by xHeavy