Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jones_farragut_nimitz

Compliments suggestion!

9 comments in this topic

Members
145 posts

I run out of +1 compliments too soon.  Then someone has a great game later on and I can not give them a +1 compliment because I am out.   

How about making a change so that if a player earns over 2000 Base XP ( or 1900) , you can compliment that player even if you are out of compliments.   It would be as if the player earns the right to be complimented, regardless if people are out of compliments.

• Cool 4

Members
595 posts
16,396 battles
3 minutes ago, jones_farragut_nimitz said:

I run out of +1 compliments too soon.  Then someone has a great game later on and I can not give them a +1 compliment because I am out.   

How about making a change so that if a player earns over 2000 Base XP ( or 1900) , you can compliment that player even if you are out of compliments.   It would be as if the player earns the right to be complimented, regardless if people are out of compliments.

And if they end with less than 200 XP,  "Plays Poorly" allowed even if you are over your daily Max. 😄

• Funny 1

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles

I think both "compliments" and "plays poorly" comments should be removed from the game and especially think "plays poorly" should be removed.   The game has enough negativity without your teammates being able to downvote your play style. 

For example, I was watching a Youtube video today, one of Flamu's with him playing one of his less well known accounts.   It was pretty funny because we all know Flamu is probably one of the best players in WoWS but in the video he got pushed back to the map boundary and got stuck on it while trying to turn around.  In his commentary he was saying how this put him in a very vulnerable position  and how he was risking deletion by making the mistake of hitting the boundary, making it very clear it was a bad thing to do.  However, the chat lit up from the enemy team which I guess was having trouble hitting him and he was called every name in the book and told he was a horrible player with zero skill at the game and he should just uninstall.  I think multiple players on the enemy team reported him as "plays poorly".  To me this just underscored how flawed others judgements about your playing well, poorly or anywhere in between and how abusive the karma system can be.

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[PVE]
Members
10,587 posts
31,028 battles
2 hours ago, jones_farragut_nimitz said:

That's a very positive suggestion...maybe even extend it to where it doesn't cost you 1 of your compliments to give them a +1 even if you still have 1 left...although 2k is kinda low considering CB wins pay out 2500.

Maybe a 3k+ battle would be considered (although I doubt even that will be as the system has been what it has been for so long).

Just as an FYI (& you may even know this already) the least amount of karma you can pass out is 3 (of each kind...even if you have zero) & the most is 11 (which I believe happens around the 90-100 personal karma mark).

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
52,518 battles
3 hours ago, jones_farragut_nimitz said:

I would like that to happen, but I think if I ever get complimented for anything like that, then it was probably a mistake. 

Especially if I am in a certain ship type.😏

I try to use all of mine on at least one game where everyone contributed as a team. It's my way of saying great job team.

I feel if you stood out, then that's fine. But sometimes that one player struggling to sail their NM just got a ship sunk and you see they had a long dragged out fight. You sort of cherish those as a new player standing out. And so I compliment such players for giving effort.

I remember a long time ago, I was complimented in a Randoms match where I sank 5 and I was the last on my team and red had 3. I sank two at that point, but it was a shootout at long range. 

I got the last 3 for the win and only one player on my team was watching.

They said as I fired the shot that eventually landed for the win : "That was the most amazing performance by a Colorado that I ever saw."

I was just starting out with Colorado, but I had that amazing match. That meant a lot to me to hear that.

It is one of many Legendary stories in my Colorado. 

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman

[ARGSY]
Members
30,558 posts
28,102 battles

I would like to see the time available to give the compliment/report extended to at least half an hour. Not everyone waits until the end of the battle, and even after some co-op battles I have come back to find that it's too late to comp or report someone in the previous battle who deserved it.

[NASSF]
[NASSF]
Members
182 posts
17,687 battles

If not totally removed maybe something without comments.

Like: "Like"....."AFK"....."Dislike"

Could even remove the AFK. WG will know if someone isn't in the match

[KAG2]
Members
2,248 posts
36,559 battles
12 hours ago, Midnitewolf said:

I think both "compliments" and "plays poorly" comments should be removed from the game and especially think "plays poorly" should be removed.   The game has enough negativity without your teammates being able to downvote your play style. 

For example, I was watching a Youtube video today, one of Flamu's with him playing one of his less well known accounts.   It was pretty funny because we all know Flamu is probably one of the best players in WoWS but in the video he got pushed back to the map boundary and got stuck on it while trying to turn around.  In his commentary he was saying how this put him in a very vulnerable position  and how he was risking deletion by making the mistake of hitting the boundary, making it very clear it was a bad thing to do.  However, the chat lit up from the enemy team which I guess was having trouble hitting him and he was called every name in the book and told he was a horrible player with zero skill at the game and he should just uninstall.  I think multiple players on the enemy team reported him as "plays poorly".  To me this just underscored how flawed others judgements about your playing well, poorly or anywhere in between and how abusive the karma system can be.

Ah sounds like in that game he played poorly, got into a bad position so why can't his team mates say that again?

Now he shouldn't have been called names but everyone how bad games everyone.