You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
theLaalaa

Remind me again about the new MM ways....

17 comments in this topic

[CO-OP]
Members
5,179 posts
41,602 battles

It takes 20 games to calibrate, then you should see MM "normalize."  So, as @Arlskandir mentioned, the first 20 could be unpredictable.

[PVE]
Members
8,722 posts
18 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

Are there any tier 4's playing?

Some, but most of them seem to be T4 CVs and they are causing all of the bot filled low tier games.  There are too many T4 CVs in the queue so MM is dropping them in game with bots and the remaining T4 surface ship players.  MM doesn't want to drop T5 ships into these bot filled games, so that means you're stuck in higher tier matches.  Aren't T4 CVs an awesome addition to the game?

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,425 posts
29,018 battles
4 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

It takes 20 games to calibrate, then you should see MM "normalize."  So, as @Arlskandir mentioned, the first 20 could be unpredictable.

But that's for each ship, not for your "Fleet".  Play one ship 20 times and MM levels out. Go to a new ship and MM could go bonkers until it gets those 20 games analyzed.

[CO-OP]
Members
5,179 posts
41,602 battles
2 minutes ago, Khafni said:

But that's for each ship, not for your "Fleet".  Play one ship 20 times and MM levels out. Go to a new ship and MM could go bonkers until it gets those 20 games analyzed.

That's what I meant, but thanks for clarifying it.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,897 posts
15,544 battles

The MM tries to keep bottom tier in three tier matches down to 40% or less which the MM did at 37.5%. It doesn't limit middle in three tier matches or bottom in two tier matches.

[SALVO]
Members
27,907 posts
40,235 battles
1 hour ago, theLaalaa said:

AlwaysLow.thumb.jpg.e148e2c74ca06ba5f96bc2f783ae5915.jpg

LaaLaa, you have to remember that in most of these missions, the minimum tier is 5.  Now, I can't speak for anyone else, but I rarely play anything below tier 5 for this exact reason, which probably means that there may be little reason for MM to build teams for tier 5 top tier battles, unless you get lucky enough for an all tier 5's battle.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,240 posts
4,507 battles

T5 MM is screwy because T4 gets protected MM. Therefore T5 doesn't see low tier as much. It's a problem, but it's basically T5 getting screwed so T4 doesn't have to. There's no perfect solution. The new MM really only works at T7+.

Members
2,643 posts

Thanks for the replies. I shall ponder what I've learned here. See y'all out there....

Oh look... after another couple of matches, this....

MarbleTop.thumb.jpg.b656641f797f41205a7afa822213800c.jpg

Edited by theLaalaa

[PVE]
Members
10,585 posts
30,937 battles
3 hours ago, theLaalaa said:

AlwaysLow.thumb.jpg.e148e2c74ca06ba5f96bc2f783ae5915.jpg

The new MM only guarantees you will not be bottom tier by 2 tiers more than 8 out of the last 20 battles...it doesn't guarantee you will ever be top tier & being uptiered by 1 tier the other 12 games is possible.

3 hours ago, Khafni said:

3 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

That's what I meant, but thanks for clarifying it.

This is incorrect...that balance is per tier so after the 1st 20 (calibration) battles in any tier (no matter what (non CV***) ships you use...(***although CVs seem to be exempt from this MM protection based on 1 players experiment) the new MM rules kick in.

That is per each game mode though so you can't burn off your random calibration games in co-op or vice versa (& other modes are irrelevant as they are all the same tier).

Edit: The 1st 20 calibration games in any tier may (& more than likely will as most other players are already calibrated & immune to it) find you bottom tier by 2 tiers in all 20 battles.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
Added the ***CV clarifier
  • Thanks 1

[CO-OP]
Members
5,179 posts
41,602 battles
2 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

The new MM only guarantees you will not be bottom tier by 2 tiers more than 8 out of the last 20 battles...it doesn't guarantee you will ever be top tier & being uptiered by 1 tier the other 12 games is possible.

This is incorrect...that balance is per tier so after the 1st 20 (calibration) battles in any tier (no matter what (non CV***) ships you use...(***although CVs seem to be exempt from this MM protection based on 1 players experiment) the new MM rules kick in.

That is per each game mode though so you can't burn off your random calibration games in co-op or vice versa (& other modes are irrelevant as they are all the same tier).

Thanks for clearing this up for me.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
10,585 posts
30,937 battles
6 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

NP

[PVE]
Members
10,585 posts
30,937 battles
9 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Might wanna go back& read the edit I included...important to know for sanity's sake.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts
3 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

No, sorry. Doesn't work. 

Please do follow through the entire thread - thanks! :cap_like:

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

In fact, I would encourage everyone to track your next 25 matches. Stick to one tier that can see up tiers, like 8 and below. See what your analysis shows.