You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CaptainZade_NA

.... What now?

40 comments in this topic

[KAN1]
Members
94 posts
374 battles

After grinding for a bit I finally got Montana researched, the grind was very fun and I enjoyed it but now that I got the Montana researched, what do I do now? I don't plan on selling the Iowa since T10 service costs is ehh and Iowa's very good for a T9 battleship. The Montana's very expensive and I don't really have the credits to get it so should I just continue the grind for Des Moines or get credits for Montana?

• Cool 2

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
15,947 posts
22,927 battles

Take your time and get the credits for Montana. She is really a lot of fun. Consider a tier 8 prem ship and or prem time to make life easier. 

• Cool 1

[D-PN]
Members
1,167 posts
13,101 battles
1 minute ago, CaptainZade_NA said:

After grinding for a bit I finally got Montana researched, the grind was very fun and I enjoyed it but now that I got the Montana researched, what do I do now? I don't plan on selling the Iowa since T10 service costs is ehh and Iowa's very good for a T9 battleship. The Montana's very expensive and I don't really have the credits to get it so should I just continue the grind for Des Moines or get credits for Montana?

Get the credits for Monty. It's not as good as it used to be, but it's certainly a good ship. Also, keep the Iowa.

Also, if you're running short on moneys, don't be afraid to dip into your pocket. However, if you are a true F2P player, as I am, then I salute you

-Shrayes

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
15,654 posts
9,795 battles
13 minutes ago, CaptainZade_NA said:

Grind some other lines up to T6, it should net you some money on the side to buy a T10.

• Cool 1

[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts

T10 ships are very hungry on credits they break even sometimes worse.

I only have like 3 of them, and the other 14 or so ships are lower tier supporting the T10 habit in credits.

Certain game modes I consider a expense. And will use it to meet a mission objective goal of whatever kind, like 10 base captures etc.

[YK]
Members
2,237 posts
11,091 battles
14 minutes ago, paradat said:

Consider a tier 8 prem ship and or prem time to make life easier. 

Based off the US BBs you've played, maybe Massachuttes isnt a far shout in that regard.

Permanant Camouflage or Armory ships are otherwise your next best bets for cash generation(reduced service cost, +20% credits on T10), the free and efficient option is T7/T8 tech tree otherwise.

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
19,367 posts
21,809 battles

Just keep playing.  Eventually you'll have enough credits to purchase the ship & upgrades you're looking to acquire.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
15,947 posts
22,927 battles
Just now, Akeno017 said:

Based off the US BBs you've played, maybe Massachuttes isnt a far shout in that regard.

Permanant Camouflage or Armory ships are otherwise your next best bets for cash generation(reduced service cost, +20% credits on T10), the free and efficient option is T7/T8 tech tree otherwise.

Agreed Mass would be an excellent choice.

[SIMP]
Members
1,516 posts
12,807 battles
21 minutes ago, CaptainZade_NA said:

Grind lower tier ships like T6-7, build up the credits, look at dockyard missions to get premium days to boost income. You dont need a premium ship or time, but it will take longer to get what you want.

[KAN1]
Members
94 posts
374 battles
5 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Grind some other lines up to T6, it should net you some money on the side to buy a T10.

Are there any lines with a fun T6?

2 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

I don't really like using secondary ships in general, I want to rely on my main battery more and I like accurate BBs such as the NC and Iowa, people have recommended me the Alabama and I'm considering that, talking about armory ships I am saving up for the Salem, but are T10 coal ships have an decreased service cost? Are they almost the same as premium ships?

[ARGSY]
Members
30,570 posts
28,115 battles
26 minutes ago, CaptainZade_NA said:

but now that I got the Montana researched, what do I do now?

Stop right there and work some other lines up to at least Tier 6. Preferably not other battleships. You need to broaden your horizons. A LOT. That may mean playing ships you find difficult or uncomfortable, but it will benefit you in the long run.

You got to Tier 10 too damn fast for your own good IMHO, and while I applaud the effort, you need to take a break from that.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 2

[FOXY]
Members
4,717 posts
8,947 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Stop right there and work some other lines up to at least Tier 6. Preferably not other battleships. You need to broaden your horizons. A LOT. You got to Tier 10 too damn fast for your own good, and you need to take a break from that.

i dont think ive ever gotten to tier 10 in that few battles, good for the OP though!

But seriously consider Ensigns advice here. Playing other lines is a great way to learn their weaknesses too, and their strengths.

• Cool 1

[KAN1]
Members
94 posts
374 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Stop right there and work some other lines up to at least Tier 6. Preferably not other battleships. You need to broaden your horizons. A LOT. That may mean playing ships you find difficult or uncomfortable, but it will benefit you in the long run.

You got to Tier 10 too damn fast for your own good IMHO, and while I applaud the effort, you need to take a break from that.

Already spent all the signal flags the game gave me when I started so I won't be able to do that anytime soon

[YK]
Members
2,237 posts
11,091 battles
10 minutes ago, CaptainZade_NA said:

I don't really like using secondary ships in general, I want to rely on my main battery more and I like accurate BBs such as the NC and Iowa, people have recommended me the Alabama and I'm considering that, talking about armory ships I am saving up for the Salem, but are T10 coal ships have an decreased service cost? Are they almost the same as premium ships?

I enjoyed Alabama, she was my go-to ship for T8 ranked way back when, I must admit I havent played her since coming back from a 2 year hiatus so don't know if she still holds up or whatnot.

The Camos for 457mm Conquerer (Thunderer) and 419mm Conquerer are identical,  same as my Yoshino, Montana, all my T10s etc.
Looks like the credit bonus is baked directly into premiums, the service cost is from the camo, so at the very least a Salem is equal to a permacamo DM in expenses if that helps.

[KAN1]
Members
94 posts
374 battles
1 minute ago, Akeno017 said:

I enjoyed Alabama, she was my go-to ship for T8 ranked way back when, I must admit I havent played her since coming back from a 2 year hiatus so don't know if she still holds up or whatnot.

The Camos for 457mm Conquerer (Thunderer) and 419mm Conquerer are identical,  same as my Yoshino, Montana, all my T10s etc.
Looks like the credit bonus is baked directly into premiums, the service cost is from the camo, so at the very least a Salem is equal to a permacamo DM in expenses if that helps.

The people here did say that T10 permacamo helps a lot so it definitely helps

[ARGSY]
Members
30,570 posts
28,115 battles
15 minutes ago, CaptainZade_NA said:

Already spent all the signal flags the game gave me when I started so I won't be able to do that anytime soon

Then you will be working your way up much more slowly than before. However, that in itself is a good thing.

[KAN1]
Members
94 posts
374 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Then you will be working your way up much more slowly than before. However, that in itself is a good thing.

Yeah I now know that spending more time on ships instead of hopping from one to the other is better, thanks

[ISLA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
771 posts
15,050 battles
48 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

T10 ships are very hungry on credits they break even sometimes worse.

I only have like 3 of them, and the other 14 or so ships are lower tier supporting the T10 habit in credits.

Certain game modes I consider a expense. And will use it to meet a mission objective goal of whatever kind, like 10 base captures etc.

I play T10 alot and it not hard to make a large profit off them. 

[VORTX]
Members
847 posts
11,985 battles
1 hour ago, CaptainZade_NA said:

187 battles? Wow, speed racer! 

if you were to buy the credits it would be $40 or so. You’re going to want to do the perma camo since it’s your first tier 10, that’s another $20. 

this is why I pay for premium (still won’t help with that perma camo, drat). $10 a month and you will earn the credits to buy boats outright as you grind (give or take a minor amount) the grind will also be twice as fast without using any flags or camo. Of course, you can always add more flags and camo to the mix. If you play every day or so, it should work out nicely for you. 

Members
243 posts
14,392 battles
1 hour ago, CaptainZade_NA said:

• Spend some coal and get a premium ship.  Lots of good choices, and T9 premiums are the best easily obtainable moneymakers with several available for free, like Georgia, Thunderer, Moskva, Pommern, and CA's like Salem, Yoshino 
  • Definitely keep going up the US CA line.  DM is worth it
  • Buy the Monty when you can, and if you can afford it, don't sell ships.  We get free port slots every month with the daily missions, and we're nearing a time of year when port slots can go on sale for ridiculous prices (I bought most of mine at %75 off)
  • Don't forget the FreeXP ships as well, if you bank FXP, there are a few good choices
  • Regardless of what people say, T10 can be fun.  And whereas I won't say profitable,  if you do well, using the free camo's and signals, it doesn't have to be a huge drain.
  • Don't forget collections and PTS, easy ways to get signal infusions, free premium time and ships.  I just got a free Z-39 for completing the KOTS collection.

Abbye

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,432 posts
9,039 battles

If you have a credit issue from grinding the Montana.. you'll not fix it by grinding another tier 10..  Just create another credit shortcoming in the end.      Every tech tree grind in this game is built to create a credit sink... best advice is premium time or a premium ship that you like to play.. T8 & T9 premium ships can solve all your credit issues if you can make them work well.       

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
52,536 battles
2 hours ago, paradat said:

Take your time and get the credits for Montana. She is really a lot of fun. Consider a tier 8 prem ship and or prem time to make life easier. 

You can also use a low tier ship and try the operations. It pays good.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
15,947 posts
22,927 battles
1 minute ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

You can also use a low tier ship and try the operations. It pays good.

True ^^^

If spending is not an option for you. Use your favorite tier 5 and 6 ships to earn credits to finance your high tier play. 

• Cool 1

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles
2 hours ago, CaptainZade_NA said:

Well there are a dozen or more other tech trees for your to start grinding on for starters but yeah I know what you mean.  I have been playing a long time on and off but I tend to play very wide rather than deep so I just recently started unlocking my Tier 10s and am feeling the way you are right now.  I mean yay I am there but just like you said, the credit earning at Tier 10 is beyond atrocious and due to the obscene cost of converting Elite XP to usable XP,  using a Tier 10 to speed up the progression on other lines is pretty much out of the question.   What I have found is that aside from events that require a Tier 10 like Clan Wars and Ranked, which I am at most lukewarm about,  I got the tier 10 but had no real reason to actually play it.   In fact because I do play wide, I have multiple ships I have unlocked at the moment that I can't afford to purchase because I am out of credits.  This situation just makes playing a Tier 10 even worse considering how bad income generation with one is.

It honestly seems WG kind of forgot that there should be some sort of endgame progression for those that got to endgame, i.e. some very good reason to play a Tier 10 as your daily driver, some sort of progression that you can only do in a Tier 10.   I would say the RB would have been an excellent candidate for this if they would have made it so you actually grinded out XP with your Tier 10s toward ships in the RB rather than having to reset all your hard work at getting to Tier 10 in the first place but WG missed the boat on that one.  Instead it is an abortion where you do have to reset all your hard work and effort and do it all over again for these RB ships.  

So to be honest, WoWS lacks any sort of real endgame in my opinion which is very unfortunate.

• Cool 1

[BERYL]
Members
156 posts
7,035 battles
4 hours ago, CaptainZade_NA said:

I love the Montana. Much better than Iowa. That extra rear turret does wonders, I'll never go back. You can make make credits on the Montana with the right camos and signals in co-op, not alot but enough to pay for itself and then some.

Granted you still need to have a good game or you'll end up bleeding credits 

• Cool 1