You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Ships and commanders Soulmates?

10 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
4,227 posts
23,258 battles

I'm a couple of stars away from getting Yamamoto Isoruku.

I'm wondering what is his " SHIP"

Like the fit I have with Jerzy Swirski and Halland. Like they were made for eachother.

Thing is All I have are IJN DDs but I will work to get whatever is his " Ship"

Appreciate the input.

[PVE]
Members
10,587 posts
31,094 battles
15 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Like the fit I have with Jerzy Swirski and Halland. Like they were made for eachother.

Appreciate the input.

Forget his perks so can't give you an educated opinion but the ships you are most likely to activate the achievements he gets perks for would be the best option.

When he 1st came out BBs we're all the thing (& his name probably had a bit to do w/it) so Yamato was his "supposed" ideal ship...YMMV based on which IJN ships you do best in.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

I don't remember the perks off-hand, but it's First Blood that triggers them.

I have mine on Nagato, and he's fired a few times, same as when he's on Musashi.

• Cool 1

[TO32]
Wiki Editor
6,428 posts
17,182 battles

His improved skills benefit the BB and CA lines best (since they can use both EM and PM), whereas the DD lines only potentially benefit from the improved PM. So it then comes down to which ship type you tend to get first bloods and krakens in. Personally I have him going up the CA line just because that's the only IJN line I'm currently grinding or playing. If I ever go up the BB line I may switch him over to that, but I don't see myself grinding that line any time soon.

• Cool 1

[GOB]
Members
4,227 posts
23,258 battles
10 hours ago, TaxDollarsAtWork said:

Does this mean Sansonetti is smitten with the Trento?

I was going to ask about him too.  I got him a while back during the event but he's sitting in my Amalfi right now.  I figured he would do well in the Venezia when / if I get there.

Edited by Col_Nasty

[ARGSY]
Members
30,570 posts
28,115 battles

EM is good if you like to play your torp-boat DDs as gunboats. PM will help keep you alive as well. My Yamamoto is still specialized to the Hashidate, while his skillset is a mishmash to make him a reasonable fit to all of my numerous IJN premiums. I accept that he isn't going to be optimal in any of them. All this will change when the rework hits, at which point he will become incredibly powerful.

• Cool 1

[GOB]
Members
4,227 posts
23,258 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

All this will change when the rework hits, at which point he will become incredibly powerful.

Really? How so?  Will this be true for others? 

[WOLFC]
Members
5,899 posts
16,537 battles
14 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

Appreciate the input.

I run my Yamamoto on Yamato (as well as Musashi and Mutsu). In general, I tend to assign such commanders to ships that benefit more from the enhanced skills, since those are always active, over the special talents. Having the improved EM on Japanese BBs is really nice. For similar reasons I run Halsey on US battleships. Improved EM is always nice, and being able to switch from 16” AP to HE in 7.5s is incredibly powerful.

• Cool 1

[KIVA]
Members
627 posts

The Doe brothers on T8 USN CAs. Having a 2.5s ammo swap and faster traverse on Baltimore or Wichita is enormously helpful when the ships get uptiered, to say nothing of knocking Anchorage's 15.5s down to just under 4s... those precious seconds saved are the difference between being messily eaten by vastly superior ships even though you caught them broadside, or chunking half their HP off before they can get their guns on you.