You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
The_Lakota

Disrespecting Veterans

19 comments in this topic

[DIEBL]
Members
81 posts
6,292 battles

I'm a vet so this is disrespectful as hell, only screen shot i as able to get but much more was said

Screenshot 2020-10-11 141756.png

Edited by The_Lakota
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[WPORT]
Members
19,367 posts
21,809 battles

Are you giving control of your self-worth and self-esteem to the whims and opinions of other people?

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Meh 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,503 posts
26,150 battles

Man, I am sorry that happened. I hold our warriors in the highest regard. There is a in game mute option you can line item mute from individual players. Sometimes silence is Golden. 

Grieves me to bring this up in this instance. But naming and shaming is forbidden in the forum. Might want to edit out the name. You can send a replay in with that screen shot in a ticket to Customer Service and they will take it from there.

• Thanks 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,503 posts
26,150 battles
5 minutes ago, The_Lakota said:

how do i do that.. im not the most computer savy

https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/26679/

Send in that screen shot. If you have the specific replay (should be in your replays file) You can check to make sure by dropping the replay on your actual game Warships program (C drive, programs, games, World of Warships, replays) you can watch that game replay and make sure it is the right one and send it in.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776
  • Thanks 1

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,812 battles

No need to hurt the self-esteem of the panzy civy snowflakes by showing their names.....

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLFC]
Members
5,899 posts
16,537 battles
1 hour ago, The_Lakota said:

I'm a vet so this is disrespectful as hell, only screen shot i as able to get but much more was said

What’s the context of this exchange and how did it come up? My father served for 23 years and I grew up as a military brat, so I have nothing but respect for veterans. However, I have encountered several players in game (as well as individuals IRL) who behave like their veteran status entitles them to some kind of special treatment or somehow excuses their own poor behavior, and it has certainly rubbed me the wrong way on multiple occasions.

I’m not in any way excusing this other person for their behavior, not accusing you of anything, I’m just genuinely curious and offering some food for thought.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,240 posts
4,507 battles
12 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

What’s the context of this exchange and how did it come up? My father served for 23 years and I grew up as a military brat, so I have nothing but respect for veterans. However, I have encountered several players in game (as well as individuals IRL) who behave like their veteran status entitles them to some kind of special treatment or somehow excuses their own poor behavior, and it has certainly rubbed me the wrong way on multiple occasions.

I’m not in any way excusing this other person for their behavior, not accusing you of anything, I’m just genuinely curious and offering some food for thought.

This. I have a lot of respect for veterans, but it doesn't give you a special status in battle. I'm not going to listen to you in game just because you think you know best because you served (or serve) in the Navy. We're all equal in game. Obviously if someone is being a moron in chat about the military or armed service members that's another thing. But those guys are correct, your veteran status means nothing in the game. Now it does look like someone took it too far in this case and that of course should be reported. But I don't care if you're on the Joint Chiefs of Staff if you have bad gameplay advice I'm going to ignore it and you.

I once had a CO player complain that everyone on the team sucked and only military members should be allowed to play. This might have had a bit more weight if he hadn't watched his entire flank die while hiding behind an island at the back of the map before being dug out and killed by the enemy team. In game the only thing that matters in how well you play (and try not to be an a-hole in chat either).

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
16,913 posts
22,074 battles

I dont see any violation  of the TOS/EULA...

The user has the right to a opinion... He did so in a respectful manner...

Just because you were offended by his direct manner of his truthfulness OP.. That is your prerogative.

In a game setting (like WOWS), exploiting ones status in game serves no real purpose... I think the guy in the match had a valid point in that regard... 

That is not disrespecting a vet... That is a (his) first amendment right to say whats on his mind...

As far as I am concern, any vet who served. Should respect the First Amendment and not get easily triggered by difference of opinions. 

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
1,244 posts
6,750 battles

Veterans should be respected for what they did, no matter what country they are from, and NOT disrespected

1st cousin lives in North Carolina and he is a veteran, his father is a cold war veteran, (1980-2000) and he fells even the soviet veterans should be respected because even though they were the enemy they fought for what they believed in

• Cool 2

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
On 10/11/2020 at 2:38 PM, The_Lakota said:

Welcome to what it was like being a veteran in the 70s. For the most part attitudes have changed in the US but you still meet some people who have the opinion that military and police forces are worthless and should be disbanded. More often than not these are people who have lived relatively wealthy, non-eventful lives, many under governments that are able to have small militaries and large social programs because it's the US that actually defends them.

Remember that the US military is sworn to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, which guarantees (within reason) freedom of speech. Not to mention that what he said might actually be true. US soldiers have been sent on politically-motivated and ethically-dubious missions several times. One would be ignorant to believe that it's not the wealthy who have the most say in running the country and that they are not going to act primarily in their own best self interests rather than the interests of the people in general.

Gentle folk Sleep Peacefully in Their Beds at Night Only Because Rough Men Stand Ready to Do Violence on Their Behalf.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
916 posts
22,859 battles
On 10/11/2020 at 12:46 PM, HamptonRoads said:

@The_LakotaWhile I agree with your outrage, you need to edit the names out.  Naming and shaming is a forum violation.

A few months on the WOT forums I got a strike and 7 day forum ban for warning someone they had started a topic about a banned subject.   After I submitted a ticket about it I was told warning people they are violating forum rules is a violation of forum rules.                

[WOLF2]
Members
916 posts
22,859 battles
17 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Welcome to what it was like being a veteran in the 70s. For the most part attitudes have changed in the US but you still meet some people who have the opinion that military and police forces are worthless and should be disbanded. More often than not these are people who have lived relatively wealthy, non-eventful lives, many under governments that are able to have small militaries and large social programs because it's the US that actually defends them.

Remember that the US military is sworn to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, which guarantees (within reason) freedom of speech. Not to mention that what he said might actually be true. US soldiers have been sent on politically-motivated and ethically-dubious missions several times. One would be ignorant to believe that it's not the wealthy who have the most say in running the country and that they are not going to act primarily in their own best self interests rather than the interests of the people in general.

I have much respect for veterans and those currently serving. It's the politicians who send them out to fight useless wars I have no respect for.

[CO-OP]
Members
5,183 posts
41,758 battles
2 minutes ago, Klaatu_Nicto said:

A few months on the WOT forums I got a strike and 7 day forum ban for warning someone they had started a topic about a banned subject.   After I submitted a ticket about it I was told warning people they are violating forum rules is a violation of forum rules.                

That seems to be a bizarre response, unless you were doing so in a manner that violated policy.  I wonder what you would get for warning someone about warning someone about a forum violation?

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
35 minutes ago, Klaatu_Nicto said:

Most of the moderators here seem to be OK but occasionally you get a new or rogue moderator who seems to follow their "feels" versus actually interpreting the rules correctly in light of what's actually been said in the post.  

[WOLF2]
Members
916 posts
22,859 battles
32 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

That seems to be a bizarre response, unless you were doing so in a manner that violated policy.  I wonder what you would get for warning someone about warning someone about a forum violation?

On the WOT forum some people can mentioned political figures and suffer no consequences but not me.  Several years ago I started a topic about General Kelly after he said on TV "the finest people in the world can be found in Arlington National Cemetery." I got my second strike for that because some people got political but I ignored them and didn't get political. I got my first strike there for posting Blink182's music video She's Out Of Her Mind. Never had a problem here but I don't post a lot here.

Edited by Klaatu_Nicto

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
3 minutes ago, Klaatu_Nicto said:

On the WOT forum some people can mentioned political figures and suffer no consequences but not me. 

I got a post deleted once and a warning for comparing a WOWS battle to an actual WWII battle, go figure.

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.