Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
toomuchnoyes

ranked battles top league

4 comments in this topic

[NBB]
Members
4 posts
32,783 battles

The waits for the top tier leagues are too long due to the low number of players in the pool.  I would suggest an irrevocable at level 6 to increase the pool instead of no irrevocables at the top 

• Cool 2

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,503 posts
26,150 battles

Well, that and I think there are so many events that some people are opting for the easier or more realistic grinds to obtain something for your efforts. Like the US BB event. The Anchorage grind. The Five Epochs campaign. The highly skilled breeze through it quick and are done. We are at the log jam mud pits part of ranked now. For the most part people have settled into however far they are going to go and just keep spinning their wheels in the mud or tap out and do the aforementioned grinds. Plus CB is here as well.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776

[RLGN]
Members
18,935 posts
34,496 battles
2 hours ago, toomuchnoyes said:

The waits for the top tier leagues are too long due to the low number of players in the pool.

Maybe because so few people give a damn about Ranked at that level? So many posts ‘I just go to 10-11 and stop. Not worth the grief after that.’

Maybe WG needs to take a look at the whole game mode...

...though I guess a recent Dev Blog said they have. We’ll see how that works out I suppose.

14 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Well, that and I think there are so many events that some people are opting for the easier or more realistic grinds to obtain something for your efforts. Like the US BB event. The Anchorage grind. The Five Epochs campaign. The highly skilled breeze through it quick and are done. We are at the log jam mud pits part of ranked now. For the most part people have settled into however far they are going to go and just keep spinning their wheels in the mud or tap out and do the aforementioned grinds. Plus CB is here as well.

The above, plus the things Ahab said.

(-)

Haven’t actually played Ranked yet this season; too busy with other things. If I don’t play to R15 on this last weekend of the season In order to keep up my stars, I’m done. Not going to waste time climbing from R18 to R15 again in the future just for a cosmetic flag.

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,503 posts
26,150 battles

Maybe make regular ranked shorter? That would probably make the ones who are determined to pound their way through it, motivated. Instead of getting into the malaise and stuck in the mud portion we are in now.

I have a feeling the future Ranked Sprint (marathon) may turn into more of a log jam like regular ranked by putting hurdles/levels into it.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776