You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Usedcarjock

Your Most Cursed Ship

31 comments in this topic

[-TKS-]
Members
1,333 posts
13,258 battles

What’s the ship that whatever you do, will not let you buy a win? Currently for me it’s the Amalfi. I either have a team that collapses in four minutes, or a team that has two or three afk players. Doesn’t matter how well I play, the game punishes me in that ship. What about you?

• Boring 1

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,650 posts
29,198 battles

Currently its Colorado

Still wondering how did I get through it. Its absolute garbage.

Trying to have some battles on it for the new US BB line, but hating it. If its a representative of the line to come OMG

Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles

alaska,the ship just doesnt work for me.the moment i get it,it get pommern gun dispersion and paper pen,my salem is much more reliable.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,680 posts

All- time?   Still Gremlin...    Can't buy a decent game in it.    Bots HATE it, and throw out all the stops to delete it asap.   Each game goes like this:   Game starts;  Fletcher goes off to do destroyery things;    Red begin to be spotted;   Notices a disturbing trend:  ALL are coming at ME.   Quickly check to see if I'm spotted?  Nope, not yet.    ALL reds charging directly for my position- no matter where I go.    Gremlin eventually gets spotted by charging red DD.    Gremlin instantly lit on fire, loses engine, rudder, torpedo tubes, and a gun or three.   Fletcher reaches for  DCP and smoke consumable keys;   BOOM!!!!  gremlin explodes.

Even if there are other DD's in the match;  even if they are much closer to the bots, in a cap, or actively shooting at them.   All is ignored save MY Gremlin.    Every.  Single.  Time.    No Idea if I can actually play the ship, or do well in it- it never lasts long enough to find out.     Most other DD's?  No problem!   Occasionally they get the "treatment", bur far from every time, like Gremmy does.

Thus, permanent port queen.

Currently?   Just about any ship that isn't:

- super fast

- shoots like a machine gun

- has lots of fast reloading torps- preferrably with generous firing angles.

Any ship that doesn't fit that description, in whole or in part, is doomed to lame,  low damage games picking up whatever meager crumbs are left behind by those that do.   

[WOLF9]
Members
4,680 posts
11 minutes ago, Bortt said:

The one I’m playing in Ranked. :cap_win:

Lol- this is oh so true!!!

I'd also extend that to whatever ship I bring to Clan battles...

I fixed that problem, though!    Now that tier 10  Ranked/Clans is packed with meme ships, and the OP ships/combos du jour,  I simply ignore both modes!

[NBNG]
Beta Testers
1,660 posts
5,010 battles

USS Montana. Cannot buy a win in her. Im sitting at a sub 40% WR and I flat out refuse to play her anymore. 

[STAR]
Members
641 posts
25,741 battles

Kremlin

my average WR in 63, but I cant put my WR with Kremlin over 50!

I can tank over 5M potential damage, use all my consumables wisely, deal more than 200k damage, have Kuznetsov as her commander, take down important targets... you would think that would at least end in a close loss! BUT NO!!! It is still an one sided match where the team is down several ships and hundreds of points from the enemy team!

Members
1,244 posts
6,750 battles

My Campbelton, doesn't matter how many kills I get in it I always end up dead and the team usually loses

• Boring 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,240 posts
4,507 battles
1 hour ago, barbaroja_Ar said:

Trying to have some battles on it for the new US BB line, but hating it. If its a representative of the line to come OMG

CO is definitely representative of the new line.

My cursed ship is Wooster. 45% WR on it right now (I tend toward a 54% overall). To be fair it took me a while to get the hang of it, but recently I've been doing pretty good in it, but it always seems that my team is bound and determined to throw the game. I'll be shooting all game and popping radar have everything on my flank on fire and then start getting crossfired because the team on the other flank just disappeared. It's a lot of fun, but I just don't win.

[META_]
Members
1,963 posts
23,082 battles

Atlanta , I have higher than avg kills,damage but way lower than avg WR ....I play her a lot less now but still close to 500 games in her I believe.......

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,503 posts
26,132 battles

Started out my Jean Bart which I started calling “Jonah Bart”. Then that jinx spirit quietly flew over to my Alaska and lit in its crows nest. Recently it seen my latest ship the Bourgogne and quietly flew to it’s crows nest this past week.

Now I can get wins in my Jean Bart and Alaska. Weird how it moves from one ship to another.

[Y0L0]
Members
2,237 posts
11,069 battles

Missouri for sure.

Ever since that stupid Cit lowering patch, its impossible for me to play her. 

[KRAK]
Members
1,928 posts
18,884 battles

My Mullosk (Moskva) with 730 battles (random) and 39% win rate. Damage about 38K per game, while 44K in T9 Donkey. I guess I'm working for the red team when playing Mollusk, at least that would be a possible conclusion.

[SIM]
Members
6,307 posts
10,284 battles

My Benham. I tend to do decently in the ship, but at the end of the day that rarely translates to victories. 

Members
52 posts
3,472 battles

Amagi, if I try to get aggressive I get focused and sunk, but if I'm back further my AP seems to bounce off of everything. Sometimes the AP feels like I'm throwing ping pong balls unless I'm really close. I switch to HE and suddenly it doesn't matter how far away I am or where I hide, half the other team wants me dead. Then while I'm struggling to make the ship work, my whole team melts around me and then it's back to port......

[KRAK]
Members
1,928 posts
18,884 battles
3 hours ago, Usedcarjock said:

What’s the ship that whatever you do, will not let you buy a win? Currently for me it’s the Amalfi. I either have a team that collapses in four minutes, or a team that has two or three afk players. Doesn’t matter how well I play, the game punishes me in that ship. What about you?

POST YOUR WIN RATE IN IT TOO !

[RLGN]
Members
18,934 posts
34,471 battles
2 hours ago, barbaroja_Ar said:

Currently its Colorado

Still wondering how did I get through it. Its absolute garbage.

??? For now, my highest wr battleship, at 62%.

Started it with a 0 point captain on a dare.

Cursed ship? None individually, I suppose.

Cursed type? RN CLs, Leander and up.

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,812 battles

Mine is obviously the Puerto Rico.  -- or the Montaska as I call it.

I can never seem to survive a battle -- even in Co-Op.  Every Human hates me...  and I guess bots are programmed to hate me too.

.... and so ....

I used that to finish off the Transformers mission.  I needed 5 Million Potential Damage...

So for Co-Op, I swapped Radar with a Spotter Plane, and as soon as red ships are just outside range, I launch spotter and let loose a salvo...

Yes, all hell breaks loose as EVERY bot is wailing at me and I'm dodging as best as I can...  This keeps up until the bots die off.

I get anywhere from 400K to 900K of Potential Damage on a typical Puerto Rico mission....  the ship everyone LOVES to shoot.

Finally found something it's good for.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,912 posts
15,585 battles

The tier 6 Cleveland with a whopping 38% WR where the tier 8 version has a comfortable 61%, go figure.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
4,676 posts
12,033 battles

Iowa is... a mystery to me.

I have above average damage and pretty good PR but my WR is at around 45% or so.

Montana... not sure yet. First few battles were disastrous; ranked and recent randoms have proven more fruitful.

[-TKS-]
Members
1,333 posts
13,258 battles
1 hour ago, Ericson38 said:

POST YOUR WIN RATE IN IT TOO !

38% win rate in the Amalfi after 13 games. My PR is good, damage is great, but my winrate is trash.

Members
4,709 posts
16,427 battles

Smolensk. Relies too heavily on your teammates to be capable spotters/dmg mitigaters. In div/clan play w/ reliable spotters, probably OP. In random solo play, too heavily dependent on teammates spotting and staying alive. One day, Ill get it above 50% WR, one day.

meh.jpg