You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ComputerWhiz

[SOLVED] Graphics artifacts & crashes

6 comments in this topic

[F-N-S]
Members
125 posts
3,504 battles

Anyone else notice random black artifacts that flash for a split second when playing the game?

vlcsnap-2020-10-08-13h16m12s563.thumb.png.35682e8bbd06f4b714f45ce0ce092f6e.png

Haven't played the game for a couple of months, so I've missed a few updates. Never had this issue before and WoWS is the only game with the issue. I updated my NVIDIA graphics driver to see if that would help and it didn't. Already verified the the game installation to make sure it was correct.

The game also crashes in every battle, making the game literally unplayable. It's a shame before I love(d) the game, but now it looks like it may be a thing of the past for me.

Edited by ComputerWhiz

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,913 posts
15,585 battles

Try turning your settings down a little bit. That will hopefully make the artifact go away and should also increase your FPS.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
5,266 posts
15,331 battles
23 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Try turning your settings down a little bit. That will hopefully make the artifact go away and should also increase your FPS.

Yea try this I had to set my graphics to low my computer is getting worse with each update .  I have to upgrade !!! 

[F-N-S]
Members
125 posts
3,504 battles
54 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Seems to have worked. I guess the devs have been doing a lot of work on the graphics and now my graphics card can't handle maximum settings anymore. Oh well. Thanks for the help!

[-VT-]
[-VT-]
Members
2,181 posts
25,780 battles

Artifacting is usually a GPU memory problem. Clock your gpu memory down a few hz.

[F-N-S]
Members
125 posts
3,504 battles

Just a quick follow up. I started having a small issue (freezing, not artifacts) with another game. Turns out there may also be an issue with the latest NVIDIA drivers for the GeForce GTX cards. Rolling back to the previous version makes things better (still can't run maximum, but now I can run very high instead of just high). Whenever I go to the current version of the drivers, things worsen.