You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Missy82_TFW

Clan Battles " Northern Waters " 11th Season

6 comments in this topic

[SMI-1]
Members
376 posts
9,552 battles

Maybe it is just me and our Clan's that played Clan Battles last night. But what happen to the things discussed in the run up to Clan Battles ?

What happen to Capture ''3 '' KEY Areas in 40 seconds ?

What happen to Cyclone Storms in the Battles on each map ?

More misinformation again from War Gaming, 

Did they tell us they were not going to do either of these items ? I never saw them posted.

Just another lame Clan Season with to many OP ships that pay to win, and the rest of us get to Tier X the hard way ( Grind )

• Boring 1

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,302 posts
16,062 battles

Cap points take 40 seconds to cap.  There are three of them.  They are a source of points, not a win condition.

Cyclones are a random chance.  Seemingly between 20 to 40%.

[SMI-1]
Members
376 posts
9,552 battles

Guess you did not read it as i did, it does not say cyclones a random chance, and it does not say CAP Points, the pictures they show are just like the ranked battles 3 key areas on the map. That did not happen.

Edited by Sere_Pj

[SALVO]
Members
27,924 posts
40,347 battles
52 minutes ago, Sere_Pj said:

Guess you did not read it as i did, it does not say cyclones a random chance, and it does not say CAP Points, the pictures they show are just like the ranked battles 3 key areas on the map. That did not happen.

Sere, I think that you've misread these things you bring up.  Cap points are "key areas", as they've always been.  And there is a chance for a cyclone in every battle.

If I have a gripe with cyclones, it's that you just can't VISUALLY tell that there's a cyclone in progress.  It just looks like any ol' day on the high seas.  The clouds aren't any darker.  There's no heavy rains.  There's no thick fog at the edge of detection range.  Nothing.  The only visual cue that we have is a little symbol and the word "cyclone" to the left of your reticle.  Frankly, I think that the cyclone visuals are extremely important to remind the player of the cyclone, not to mention adding to the immersion.

[-RNG-]
Members
3,240 posts
6,608 battles
2 hours ago, Sere_Pj said:

It did, just not clearly (at all). A major oversight by WG

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/clans/clan-battles-northern-waters/

Season Features

During the new Season, all maps may feature a cyclone.

• Players will be made aware of the incoming cyclone at the very start of a battle, and should choose the most appropriate tactics in response to the weather conditions.
  • The cyclone immediately reduces the viewing radius of aircraft to 8 km.
  • Upon the fourth minute of a battle, the viewing radius of ships also starts to shrink. After 30 seconds, it gets reduced to 14 km.
  • Fifteen and a half minutes into the battle, the cyclone will start to fade away. Its effects will vanish completely after a further 30 seconds.