Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AVR_Project

Daily Shipments/Rewards are ... this is strange !!

49 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,554
[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,812 battles

Mind you I'm not complaining, and I'm thankful to be getting anything at all... for free.

No Karen's here....

But I find this rather odd to see this kind of a difference between my two accounts....  still not a complaint.
Can someone give me a clue?  One gets 'shipments', the other gets 'rewards'.  Both fall under the Daily Shipments selection.

Rewards1.jpg

Rewards2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,123
[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
4,308 battles

WG is experimenting during this patch cycle on daily rewards. Different accounts get different styles.

Be glad your account wasnt selected to have 'no rewards', like some people.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,521
[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts
7 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Mind you I'm not complaining, and I'm thankful to be getting anything at all... for free.

No Karen's here....

But I find this rather odd to see this kind of a difference between my two accounts....  still not a complaint.
Can someone give me a clue?  One gets 'shipments', the other gets 'rewards'.  Both fall under the Daily Shipments selection.

Rewards1.jpg

Rewards2.jpg

They randomly assigned players as part of an experiment with the different reward approaches.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,764
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
7 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

WG is experimenting during this patch cycle on daily rewards. Different accounts get different styles.

Be glad your account wasnt selected to have 'no rewards', like some people.

Yeah, this blatant use of the playerbase for some sort of stupid experiment is a new low for WG. 

No, I take that back, they've gone at least this low before, see the first Dockyard event. 

 

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,554
[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,812 battles
5 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Yeah, this blatant use of the playerbase for some sort of stupid experiment is a new low for WG. 

No, I take that back, they've gone at least this low before, see the first Dockyard event. 

 

They can abuse me like this all day long....   I'm OK with that...  lol
Come to think of it, why not HOURLY rewards to keep people on-line - instead of just checking in once a day....    Hey WG ....  ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,764
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
Just now, AVR_Project said:

They can abuse me like this all day long....   I'm OK with that...  lol
Come to think of it, why not HOURLY rewards to keep people on-line - instead of just checking in once a day....    Hey WG ....  ???

Consider that there are players who are in the "get nothing" group, who see neither of those screens when they log in. 

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
689
[WOLFO]
[WOLFO]
Members
2,372 posts
10,234 battles

^that me :) meh no worries... it's all pixels

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,677
[WOLFC]
Members
5,899 posts
16,537 battles

I would be shocked if the players selected as part of the “no rewards” group don’t get some kind of reward at the end of the process, likely based on their login activity. As for why WG has been quiet about it - announcing it would defeat the purpose of the control group. They want to see if player behavior changes when they aren’t promised rewards.

  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,883
[YORHA]
Members
5,460 posts
11,847 battles

There were three groups.

1) 1 that got good rewards.

2) 1 that got regular rewards.

3) 1 that got absolutely nothing because they were "unfortunately" in the control group.  It looks like you fell into 1 and 2.

 

If you are at all curious which one I fell into check my sig.

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,883
[YORHA]
Members
5,460 posts
11,847 battles
1 hour ago, iamSamoth said:

^that me :) meh no worries... it's all pixels

...and a slap in the face to previously loyal money spending players.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,883
[YORHA]
Members
5,460 posts
11,847 battles
9 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

I would be shocked if the players selected as part of the “no rewards” group don’t get some kind of reward at the end of the process, likely based on their login activity. As for why WG has been quiet about it - announcing it would defeat the purpose of the control group. They want to see if player behavior changes when they aren’t promised rewards.

When contacted WG customer service confirmed that group 3 would be getting nothing.  Period.  Full stop. 

Were you also shocked when WG was giving free ships. doubloons and credits to people who weren't playing the game, while encouraging loyal players to empty their wallets in their direction as much as possible?  The only way WG changes their minds is if there were a public outcry and I can see the "control group" is small enough that that won't happen.

Edited by JCC45
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,677
[WOLFC]
Members
5,899 posts
16,537 battles
9 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

When contacted WG customer service confirmed that group 3 would be getting nothing.  Period.  Full stop.

:Smile_facepalm: Read what I wrote again. WG wants to see how players’ login behavior changes when they are offered various levels of rewards. Informing a member of the control group otherwise would defeat the whole point of the experiment.

You may be right, and we’ll know for sure when the next update drops. But until then, your response from customer service proves nothing.

14 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Were you also shocked when WG was giving free ships. doubloons and credits to people who weren't playing the game, while encouraging loyal players to empty their wallets in their direction as much as possible?  

How is this relevant? The purpose of those rewards is to get people back into the game and spend money, so WG’s approach is entirely rational. What indication were “loyal players” ever given that they should expect the same handouts?

  • Cool 3
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
838
[YK]
Members
2,237 posts
11,091 battles

The daily shipments are honestly pittance, and completing your 3 daily containers for 2 days in a row rewards the same or more that DS gives.

Complaining here is a complete overreaction to the equivalent of not recieving complimentary napkins when visiting the hotel reception, we all know the shampoo you stole from the bathroom was worth much more anyway.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,353
[BONKZ]
Privateers
8,023 posts
21,157 battles
2 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Consider that there are players who are in the "get nothing" group, who see neither of those screens when they log in. 

 

 

2 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

WG is experimenting during this patch cycle on daily rewards. Different accounts get different styles.

Be glad your account wasnt selected to have 'no rewards', like some people.

Raises hand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
193
[DOINK]
Members
926 posts
15,728 battles
44 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

...and a slap in the face to previously loyal money spending players.

Meh. The daily rewards in the past are not something that really would make a big difference to most players - 50K credits or a couple of flags? No, it's the rewards that gave a crate for a chance at a mission or tokens for early access etc. that had me logging in.  50 dubloons or a day of premium is nice but not something I think anyone could really be justifiably upset about losing out on such a reward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,123
[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
4,308 battles
1 hour ago, Akeno017 said:

The daily shipments are honestly pittance, and completing your 3 daily containers for 2 days in a row rewards the same or more that DS gives.

Complaining here is a complete overreaction to the equivalent of not recieving complimentary napkins when visiting the hotel reception, we all know the shampoo you stole from the bathroom was worth much more anyway.

I am completely free2play. Those 50 doubloons are my ONLY way to save up doubloons for premium ship purchases.

They are how I got my Mikasa.

42 minutes ago, dashtardly said:

Meh. The daily rewards in the past are not something that really would make a big difference to most players - 50K credits or a couple of flags? No, it's the rewards that gave a crate for a chance at a mission or tokens for early access etc. that had me logging in.  50 dubloons or a day of premium is nice but not something I think anyone could really be justifiably upset about losing out on such a reward.

Don't knock the value of 50 doubloons to a free2play account. It's a big deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,554
[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,812 battles
1 hour ago, Nevermore135 said:

:Smile_facepalm: Read what I wrote again. WG wants to see how players’ login behavior changes when they are offered various levels of rewards. Informing a member of the control group otherwise would defeat the whole point of the experiment.

You may be right, and we’ll know for sure when the next update drops. But until then, your response from customer service proves nothing.

How is this relevant? The purpose of those rewards is to get people back into the game and spend money, so WG’s approach is entirely rational. What indication were “loyal players” ever given that they should expect the same handouts?

As far as behavior goes...   Let me look at my spending spreadsheet on WOWS.....

Between my two accounts - I spent $3,331.52..   I've spent around $34 this year so far, but history shows I usually spend a lot around Christmas.

----

I usually get my clan-mates something, but WG has been throwing roadblocks at that in 2019.  It gets to be downright painful. 

Maybe they can make gift-giving a better system this year, instead of 'one gift/purchase' and me having to constantly check spreadsheets to make sure they picked it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,572
[A-I-M]
Members
4,855 posts
18,002 battles
3 hours ago, JCC45 said:

When contacted WG customer service confirmed that group 3 would be getting nothing.  Period.  Full stop. 

Were you also shocked when WG was giving free ships. doubloons and credits to people who weren't playing the game, while encouraging loyal players to empty their wallets in their direction as much as possible?  The only way WG changes their minds is if there were a public outcry and I can see the "control group" is small enough that that won't happen.

Well, this is entirely a Pavlovian behavioral experiment. Any promise or hope of reward to the control group changes the behavior they are trying to measure. Of course, resentment at being unceremoniously dumped into the control group may also change said behavior. If WG has thought of this possibility, this “experiment” could last several months, to allow the nice, hot, plate of tasty resentment to get a bit cold.

Maybe it’ll last until end-of-year snowflake time, such that the experiment ends with the anticipated choruses of “Thank you, WG!!!! Free Stuff!!!! Not worthy!!!!! Dockyard Four!!!! Ooohh do that to me again!” as the memories fade to gray. 

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,883
[YORHA]
Members
5,460 posts
11,847 battles
2 hours ago, Akeno017 said:

The daily shipments are honestly pittance, and completing your 3 daily containers for 2 days in a row rewards the same or more that DS gives.

Complaining here is a complete overreaction to the equivalent of not recieving complimentary napkins when visiting the hotel reception, we all know the shampoo you stole from the bathroom was worth much more anyway.

I don't expect you to understand this because it is a pretty subtle concept and your post indicates you are not geared towards subtlety but it is actually not about whether or not someone receives free pixels or not.  It is about creating 3 classes of player, two of which they show appreciation and one they do not.  It is insulting and in what universe does it make sense to insult your customers? 

You know why Amazon is the biggest company in the world?  Because they treat their customers with respect, even at the expense of their suppliers.  I have been amazed at the lengths they go to to keep my wife happy... up to and including cutting off suppliers that refuse to take care of any concerns she may have.

 So I decide to show my appreciation to them by removing between $5-6,000 from their revenue stream.

Simple.

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
776
[NSEW]
Members
2,909 posts
12,205 battles
4 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

Come to think of it, why not HOURLY rewards to keep people on-line - instead of just checking in once a day....    Hey WG ....  ???

Give this man a cookie.  Nice riposte by the way. ;)

So how about it WG?

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
838
[YK]
Members
2,237 posts
11,091 battles
14 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

It is about creating 3 classes of player

If you say so.. 

I never recieved compensation or any options to trade my 457mm Conquerer in for Thunderer, which imo is far worse then the 2,000 coal you are so outraged by.
Choosing this minor, miniscule issue to raise concerns of "WG not treating their customers right", is both a dollar short and several years late.
These are the same people that did PR (which I'm sure you dont have any issues with, having £6,000 to throw away on pixels, to even understand us poor-folks issues like this), they did the staggered Prinz Eugen and Hood releases, over a dozen different types of lootcrates.
With such a coloured history in this regard, I'm genuinely surprised that losing access to a singular SC and 2,000 coal has you so frustrated that you've thrown your toys out the pram on this one after so many other significantly larger issues.

We have no idea what the current testing process is for, or they are doing with, internally. The daily rewards testing might result in a change that makes everyone has a guaranteed SC each month.
You aren't losing anything from this time, nothing at all significant, taking offense at some minor testing which not only doest negatively impact you but may positively benefit you later is strange..

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,883
[YORHA]
Members
5,460 posts
11,847 battles
1 hour ago, Akeno017 said:

If you say so.. 

I never recieved compensation or any options to trade my 457mm Conquerer in for Thunderer, which imo is far worse then the 2,000 coal you are so outraged by.
Choosing this minor, miniscule issue to raise concerns of "WG not treating their customers right", is both a dollar short and several years late.
These are the same people that did PR (which I'm sure you dont have any issues with, having £6,000 to throw away on pixels, to even understand us poor-folks issues like this), they did the staggered Prinz Eugen and Hood releases, over a dozen different types of lootcrates.
With such a coloured history in this regard, I'm genuinely surprised that losing access to a singular SC and 2,000 coal has you so frustrated that you've thrown your toys out the pram on this one after so many other significantly larger issues.

We have no idea what the current testing process is for, or they are doing with, internally. The daily rewards testing might result in a change that makes everyone has a guaranteed SC each month.
You aren't losing anything from this time, nothing at all significant, taking offense at some minor testing which not only doest negatively impact you but may positively benefit you later is strange..

Nice to see you have figured out that I didn't have any issues with the PR debacle.   Are you a wizard?  Or just presumptuous?  

You must be a wizard.  Your predictions about free super containers for all and positive benefits for me down the road can't possibly be something you pulled out of your butt to try to ignore my central point about insulting customers could it?   Not when there were so many other ways to determine the motivational effects of different levels of rewards on player activity if that was indeed what they were after.

No.. it couldn't be.  You must be a wizard.  It's the only answer.

Edited by JCC45

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,476
[SALVO]
Members
15,654 posts
9,795 battles
7 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

WG is experimenting during this patch cycle

Cool, WG can I play "jailers" this patch? ... a bit bored of playing "prisoners" side

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,554
[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,812 battles
3 hours ago, LowSpeed_US said:

Give this man a cookie.  Nice riposte by the way. ;)

So how about it WG?

 

Or maybe drop super-containers for every 10-20 hours of in-battle duration.
Start rewarding folks for ACTUALLY being in battle instead of just logging in.

Then again, folks might conspire to draw battles out to the full 20 minutes by hugging the borders - instead of ending it quick.

Might be another way to control this...   Just a thought.

I think the biggest thing to kill T10 battles will the end of the UU upgrade pursuits.  I believe those are my most persistent grinds to date.

WG often machine-guns themselves in the foot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×