You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Public Test 0.9.10

82 comments in this topic

[D-H-O]
WoWS Community Contributors
4,755 posts
19,503 battles

b91b8bba-7e6b-11ea-85b6-8cdcd4b147d4_1200x.jpg

IMPORTANT! Because the Update is still being tested, the information in this Bulletin is tentative and reflects the state of game development at the time of its publication. Some changes and new features may be removed entirely or implemented differently by the time the Update goes live. Screenshots, specific values of certain characteristics, and details of in-game mechanics will not necessarily be relevant after the Update is released.

U.S. Battleships: Part 2

Please note: the rewards for activities on the Public Test server may differ from those on the live server. The new U.S. battleships will not be available to research on the Public Test server.

The event in Update 0.9.10 comprises combat missions, Daily Shipments, and a new collection dedicated to the U.S. Navy. It will inform you about the main batteries of battleships, admirals, medals for service in World Wars, and the main uniform types of enlisted men of the U.S. Navy during World War II.

For the purpose of standardization, the Directives have been renamed into combat mission groups.

"Always Courageous!" containers can be obtained by completing combat mission groups in the "U.S. Battleships 2" section and opening Daily Shipments. Each container holds one element of the new collection, as well as other rewards.

The "Always Courageous!" collection consists of four sections, with four elements in each.

c5726504-07b5-11eb-b859-8cdcd4b147d4_1200x.jpg

The rewards for completing each section are five expendable Stars'n'Stripes camouflages and such patches as Wings, Stars, and Stars'n'Stripes.

Completing the entire collection will bring you flag_USA_dd9fc06d19a8638f4077ab2fe200d22premium_1d0cabf1997104fd727039ab9c098192V Oklahoma in the Military camouflage and a Commander with 6 skill points.

flag_USA_dd9fc06d19a8638f4077ab2fe200d22premium_1d0cabf1997104fd727039ab9c098192V Oklahoma won't be available on the Public Test server.

bulletin-0910_1920x1080.jpeg

Elements of the collection can only be obtained from event-related containers.

We've also updated the Naval Base Port.

Naval Base.JPG

When Update 0.9.11 goes live, flag_USA_dd9fc06d19a8638f4077ab2fe200d22standard_01624cacb82f39f77a4e677a7b9fdf4VIII Kansas, flag_USA_dd9fc06d19a8638f4077ab2fe200d22standard_01624cacb82f39f77a4e677a7b9fdf4IX Minnesota, and flag_USA_dd9fc06d19a8638f4077ab2fe200d22standard_01624cacb82f39f77a4e677a7b9fdf4X Vermont will leave Early Access and become available for all players to research.

Big Hunt: The Key to Victory!

A new temporary battle type—Key Battles—has been added to celebrate Halloween. A new themed Port emphasizes the event's atmosphere. Demonstrate your skills in an exhibition competition of the future by assuming command over a ship representing one of three corporations!

bulletin-0910_1_1920x1080.jpegbulletin-0910_3_1920x1080.jpegbulletin-0910_2_1920x1080.jpeg

The new battle type pits 16 players against each other and AI-controlled monsters on a gigantic Polygon map. The main objective is to exit the Polygon through a portal located at the center of the map. In order to do so, you need to destroy one of the special monsters and obtain a key. The monsters will initially be quite weak, but they will become more dangerous as you get closer to the portal.

map.jpeg

Instead of the usual rectangular Minimap, the new battle type features a round one with the player's ship at its center. It shows everything within the spotting range of your ship.

You start out alone, but you can gather a team of up to three ships directly in battle. Only one player can use the key, which is why you'll face a choice—go all the way with your allies, or turn your guns against them and escape as a lone wolf via the portal. To invite a player to your team, aim at them and press "F."

1.jpeg2.jpeg3.jpeg

The number of keys is limited. After the last key has been used, the remaining ships will be transported to a special area—the Octagon. The final battle takes place in a gradually shrinking combat zone. The last surviving ship will also leave the Polygon successfully.

For destroying monsters and other players, you'll get a temporary resource—Battle Points. Having accumulated a certain number of Battle Points, you can reinforce your ship directly in battle. For example, you can reduce incoming damage or increase the damage dealt by your guns. Once you earn a certain number of Points, a window will appear. This will allow you to select one of the two improvements. Use "Ctrl+1" and "Ctrl+2" to select. You don't need to spend any Points to make your selection.

4.jpeg

Any Points you earn can be exchanged for various rewards in the Armory. Successfully escaping the Polygon will bring you additional Battle Points. Please note: exiting through the portal will get you more Points than winning in the Octagon.

The rewards for activities on the Public Test server may differ from those on the live server.

A total of three ships are available for this battle type in Update 0.9.10. Each of them offers a wide variety of modules that can have a significant impact on gameplay. For example, you could replace standard torpedoes with a type that temporarily disables all the main armaments of an enemy, but deal less damage. The choice of weapons is not limited to simple guns—lasers, plasma torpedoes, wavecasters, and mortars are all at your disposal. For example, wavecasters can destroy torpedoes in the water, while plasma ammunition heats up the target's armor and temporarily increases the damage dealt by subsequent hits of plasma shells and torpedoes to the same area. New modules are unlocked by completing special combat missions.

5.jpeg

The first ship will be available immediately, while the second and the third are obtained by completing a chain of combat missions.

If you have any bugs to report, you can submit them here after the patch goes live.

PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK BELOW

PUBLIC TEST NOTES

DEVELOPER BULLETIN

• Thanks 1

[SWBH]
[SWBH]
Members
2 posts
18,710 battles

I would love to get the stuff from test server , The last 2 has never giving me my bonus ,,,,so stopping playing till you get it fixed ,,,,gl

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,240 posts
4,507 battles

Sheesh there are some salty people here.

• Cool 2

[MB-BR]
Members
3 posts
6,347 battles

Creio eu que poderia ter mais bônus, os comandantes poderiam ter mais habilidades embora já houve o anúncio que haverá 21 habilidades. Seleção de equipes poderia ser mais rigorosa, pois tem partidas que são 4 vitórias seguidas e após 4 derrotas seguidas, acho muito estranho, lógico não tenho ainda tanta experiência porém é o que eu percebo.

[GCREW]
Members
143 posts
16,029 battles

First off, let me thank you guys for ruining the Halloween Event. 

Pros - Art is nice, Monster ships look cool

Cons - Map too big, Gameplay seems super slow and dull, no rewards (Hopefully this is just because it was PTS). I understand their will be a T9 camo to earn, however - I earned NO CREDITS, No Elite Commander xp, No ship xp. Other than a 4k dubloon valued camo, why should I grind this dull and very lackluster event. 

I just want to say, Im very disappointed, I had so much fun during last years fight for the filth, I feel in trying to reinvent the wheel you guys really messed this years event up. I mean there were not even any small perks as in credits/commnder xp to make me even want to attempt this when it goes to live servers. Well done if you just wanted to kill off halloween events. I think you accomplished your mission.

• Cool 3

[AZUR1]
Members
278 posts
6,106 battles

TBH, the new halloween mode takes too long and made me feel bored.

By the way, you can just delete the last [battle royale] part. Battle royale is not suitable for this game

• Cool 3

[ARGSY]
Members
30,558 posts
28,102 battles

No 19 point captain(s) in the Halloween mode? Shame, WG, shame.

Of all the times to close this door, NOW - with a major change to captain skills and points whose full details are unannounced - was not the time to do it.

• Sad 1

Members
94 posts
4,910 battles

The Valkryie Captain cannot master any skills, looks like you can invite a max of 2 players to join your team. Just not sure how to get a key. Its a weird mode. Not sure this will be fun to play. Seems like its just run or shoot, no real strategy here. 

Captain.JPG

Poly.JPG

Beta Testers
110 posts
11,887 battles

ya, too complicated and very little info on wth I supposed to do besides sail around and shoot things.  I still can't figure out how to get a key.  Oh ya, buggy as hell!

Members
94 posts
4,910 battles
3 minutes ago, eblingus said:

ya, too complicated and very little info on wth I supposed to do besides sail around and shoot things.  I still can't figure out how to get a key.  Oh ya, buggy as hell!

So I found out if you kill one of those beasts that it gives you a key, but there are only so many keys available, lol

[SOUS]
Members
659 posts
5,939 battles
17 hours ago, Thegooorooo said:

First off, let me thank you guys for ruining the Halloween Event. 

Pros - Art is nice, Monster ships look cool

Cons - Map too big, Gameplay seems super slow and dull, no rewards (Hopefully this is just because it was PTS). I understand their will be a T9 camo to earn, however - I earned NO CREDITS, No Elite Commander xp, No ship xp. Other than a 4k dubloon valued camo, why should I grind this dull and very lackluster event. 

I just want to say, Im very disappointed, I had so much fun during last years fight for the filth, I feel in trying to reinvent the wheel you guys really messed this years event up. I mean there were not even any small perks as in credits/commnder xp to make me even want to attempt this when it goes to live servers. Well done if you just wanted to kill off halloween events. I think you accomplished your mission.

Well, read the part in the dev blog, instead of assuming.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
269 posts
8,297 battles

I have been enjoying the new Key Battles. 

Been fun in trying the different ship configurations. Nice being able to choose between two upgrades when leveling up in the match. Been fun making alliances/division and then breaking them when trying to get the key.

Like was said earlier, hope the final version rewards some credits and xp for playing each match.

[BLKAD]
Members
19 posts
21,140 battles

Cool concept, poor implementation.

Specifically, very poor explanation about how the new gamemode works.

We are supposed to get a key from killing special monsters. OK, what do they look like; how do I distinguish them from normal monsters? (Killed many many monsters, did not find one key, so I assume either I never found a key monster, or the notification that you have a key is way too subtle.)

Explain the new weapons. How do we know what to dodge and how to react if we don't know what blue waves, or similar things coming at us, are? (In one battle I got hit by three blue waves with no effect, so I assumed they were some non damaging ability another ship type had. Then poof, 4th wave hit and I went from full HP to dead, instantly.) I still have no idea how that weapon works.

It's just not fun in the current state. You wander around seeing no enemies for many minutes at a time, with no idea what you are looking for or what you should be trying to do. (Other than "get a key" which you have no idea how to actually accomplish.)

I won't be playing this gamemode on the live server if there are not significant improvements to upfront explanation of the gamemode mechanics and improvements to remove the long stretches of boring nothingness that currently pervade what might have been a good game play option if it were better thought out.

Hopefully the feedback from the PTS testing will allow this gamemode to be revised into a good enjoyable option. As it, it's not that.

[GT3]
Members
319 posts
10,046 battles

I usually love any alternate game mode.. But this is a joke.

Confusing.. Invisible islands to get stuck on.. Odd weapons... Seems like yall just took every silly gimmick you had and stuck it 1 mode.

At least last year we got a temporary operation out of the deal.

[WOWA_]
Beta Testers
32 posts
6,678 battles

Still no fall PTS season? Thought maybe it was somewhat of a break last patch due to the irregular time the last 2 updates where launched, but by the looks of it seems like there will be no fall season. Such a shame, was looking forward for those missions.

[DALE]
Members
8 posts
10,273 battles
5 hours ago, PercyPercy1 said:

Cool concept, poor implementation.

Specifically, very poor explanation about how the new gamemode works.

We are supposed to get a key from killing special monsters. OK, what do they look like; how do I distinguish them from normal monsters? (Killed many many monsters, did not find one key, so I assume either I never found a key monster, or the notification that you have a key is way too subtle.)

Explain the new weapons. How do we know what to dodge and how to react if we don't know what blue waves, or similar things coming at us, are? (In one battle I got hit by three blue waves with no effect, so I assumed they were some non damaging ability another ship type had. Then poof, 4th wave hit and I went from full HP to dead, instantly.) I still have no idea how that weapon works.

It's just not fun in the current state. You wander around seeing no enemies for many minutes at a time, with no idea what you are looking for or what you should be trying to do. (Other than "get a key" which you have no idea how to actually accomplish.)

I won't be playing this gamemode on the live server if there are not significant improvements to upfront explanation of the gamemode mechanics and improvements to remove the long stretches of boring nothingness that currently pervade what might have been a good game play option if it were better thought out.

Hopefully the feedback from the PTS testing will allow this gamemode to be revised into a good enjoyable option. As it, it's not that.

Completely agree with everything you said.  I was so confused in this mode.  THEN got my butt torped by a yellow ship.  I had him in my reticle but didn't shoot because he wasn't red.  How long has this game been around and red guy = bad guy.  I thought it was pretty simple.  Also, how do you get a "Gale" ship with torps?  I only have one option, Valkyrie.  
VERY POOR WG. 

[WORX]
Members
16,913 posts
22,074 battles

New game mod,

Compared to the past Halloween event, the battle royal format and concept... Just doesn't fit as  a "Halloween event." Sea Monsters are never present in Halloween, in other words... No one in Halloween party, would ever think dressing up as a "sea monster" would be acceptable. The reaction of a sea monster in a Halloween setting, would be IMO negative.

This game mod is the first game mod in were, basic rules of informing the player were severally lacking.. It almost looks like 16 individual turkeys with their heads cut off.

Every single Halloween event, has given easy to follow instructions... Everything is so cut and dry, you dont sail around not knowing what to do.

In the current battle royal, you can play over 25 games and still not know what to do... When everyone is use to the structure of the game, the format of how the match is organized, the game mod itself without it.. Will be a complete turn off.

The biggest grip of all.. The "Octagon."   (which I think a DEV is a fan of UFC). It doesn't make sense, having a dead space on the map solely used to speed up (or prolonging) the ending after, a very long match experience (playing like a turkey with your heads cut off). The concept (at least to me) just doesn't make any sense on the premise of Halloween.

I dont see how an Octagon fits as a "Halloween" setting.

Out of all the Halloween events, this years event is the worst.. This game mod, dont have anything or any elements related to Halloween.

The mod fails to properly inform the player (in game mind you), on what you're suppose to do... 

In earnest, I would much rather see this game mod for Thanksgiving.  The "Sea monsters" look for like Turkeys then anything I should be afraid of.

Not everything is bad.

• I like the new map
    • Especially the mini map
  • Art department as always, keeping the company afloat with a stellar job on the visuals. 
  • The no cpt skill format, I would love to have that extended

I'll test the other elements this weekend..

The new game mod, its not my cup of tea.. But hopefully it can find a large enough audiance, even with its flaws..

GL/HF

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Boring 1

[ECP]
Members
39 posts
5,587 battles

Usually, the Halloween event is something fun to look forward to, but this is not it. Taking away the ability to play with friends, not even just 1 friend, is a bad move. Looks like the battle royale bug got ahold of Wargaming or something, idk. I play this game to play with friends, especially in the non-serious Halloween yearly event. Very lame. Also, the torpedo ship in the mode is way OP, but I don't care lol. I won't be playing this lonely, slow game mode. Better luck next year. 

Oh and last year not only could you play with friends, getting 3 perma camos for high tiers was very cool.

[D-PN]
Members
1,167 posts
13,073 battles

Oh dear. It looks like I have to explain things, don't I?

I played for about three hours on the Test Server, and it was the most fun that I have had in a LONG time, ever since I acquired my Kleber. The fact that there is such a great amount of variation in each ship makes it great for either lonewolfing or teaming up with others, depending on the setup you run, and the constant upgrades also make it so that you can specialize your ship in battle, which is something I did not expect at all. 

So far, I think that this has been a great success, both in terms of concept and execution. Yes, there are some bugs, but that is to be expected. It is a game, after all.

Also, wave guns. It's no Space Battleship Yamato, but I love it!

-Shrayes

• Boring 1

[-RUM-]
Members
55 posts
9,421 battles

My notes:

Technical:

- Game process would not terminate on exit, I had to manually end the task in Task Manager every time.

- Playing as the Heracles (only), the audio would degrade over the course of 2-3 games until it was just broken noise. I believe this may be related to the issues with main gun sounds.

- Heracles and Valkyrie main gun sounds sometimes didn't play for me. Gale torpedo launches never played for me and were always silent.

Ship/module feedback:

- Heracles wave guns are awkward to use. Since all guns are not selected/fired, the game often switches rapidly between guns, especially at extreme angles. This makes it difficult to fire accurately at short range.

- Heracles wave guns are wildly variable in damage, and it's not always clear why. Sometimes they did good damage on broadsides, other times not. Overall, their DPM is extremely poor, and made worse by the random nature of the hits.

- Heracles wave guns - if they are used defensively, you are left without any offensive punch. If you're fending off torpedoes, you're firing _behind_ the enemy ship, and thus not doing damage to the enemy ship. Given how fast the Gales can fire torpedoes, you will never be able to take an offensive shot at their ship.

- Heracles heavy beam weapon is extremely difficult to use.

- The charge delay is very long, making the shot a case of trying to predict where the enemy will be quite far in the future.

- Making a small elevation error will cause the beam to hit the water instead of the target.

- The targeting laser does not equal where the beam fires - for example, the beam can be blocked by terrain that the targeting laser goes over.

- Heavy laser beams sometimes appear to go through enemies with no damage (latency?).

- Heavy laser beams do ridiculously low damage to player ships even when they hit, on the order of 2k to 5k (versus 30k to 60k on monster targets).

- Heavy laser DPM versus Gale torpedo DPM is a difference of several orders of magnitude.

- Heavy laser beams can more-or-less randomly hit modules, and do very little damage (e.g. 3k damage and knock out a gun on a Lobster-Eyed, instead of 60k damage). Beams have very short range, and in this context enemy ships can close the distance in seconds.

- Using the 180 turn consumable will cause all active heavy laser shots to miss and prevent you from shooting until the turrets get turned around.

- Secondaries that increase laser damage do not appear to have any effect, and in any case can only be used at ranges where the heavy laser is practically unusable.

- Valkyrie mortar weapons are almost entirely ineffective against all targets, and have lower DPM even than the heavy lasers.  This doesn't appear to be a penetration issue, as the mortar shells register penetrations, they just don't do very much damage and only rarely start fires.

- The Gale has substantially better ship boosts than the other ships, and as part of the design can make them even better. Gale with DPM cranked up versus all the other ship variations is absurdly imbalanced.

Gameplay:

I like the overall design, with the exception of the Octagon. The basic idea of fighting monsters for keys, and then fighting PvP to make it out the Portal is good. I don't understand the need for the Octagon - it seems to arbitrarily add time to the battle without any real point, as most ships will be around the portal fighting to stop the Key holders from getting out. In the Octagon battles I observed, several ended in mutual rammings because of the constrained space, so everyone loses - not a great outcome. I found the monsters to be far too easy to kill in the Gale and annoyingly difficult in some cases for the other ships due to inconsistent damage (Wave Heracles, Laser Heracles). I'd rather see more difficult monsters (like last year), or more monsters, versus the relatively sparse count in the current design. There's quite a bit of time where your only targets are other players.  I find the grouping mechanic counter-productive, since only one ship can get and use the key - this seems to be designed to generate betrayals, which means you can't play with your friends and breeds dissent and anger amongst the players.

As normal, the map and graphics are beautiful and interesting - the many small islands are the only thing keeping the Gales from dominating completely.

• Cool 2

[_BDA_]
Members
894 posts
14,394 battles

I've only played the PTS a couple of times, but there is one thing that I find interesting.  Flags... you start with access to several hundred flags of each type.  So, if you are testing the ships as if they were entering the regular game, in which flags get eaten up very quickly, what purpose does having an almost inexhaustible supply do to prove the worth of a ship?  That isn't done for camouflage.

Members
11 posts
14,168 battles

completei  a coleção  O "Sempre Corajoso!    após o termino não foi informado o fechamento da coleção  e os conteiners ainda continuam vindo com  as peças da coleção  marcada em (duplicidade)

[BTLST]
Members
977 posts
15,478 battles

The new Halloween Game is far, far to complicated.    I've yet to find a key or anything that looks close to a key.   The instructions are about 2% of what is needed to even begin to understand this game.   The circular map is fine for your ship's surroundings but not as to where you are to head to get to a specific location on the large map.    I'd recommend giving the players the choice of which map they want to use.    Personally, I'm done trying to play this game it is so confusing.   Bring back some of the former years Halloween games.

• Cool 2

[TF-O7]
Members
4 posts
8,176 battles

i am having a problem. The screen goes black but can hear it load and log in. just can't see anything. I have an AMD A-10 processor with HD 8760 graphics, Windows 10x64, and even loaded the latest driver for my video. part one did fine but after update to part 2 it doesn't work. I have even tried the WG check tool and after it had me delete several files the game still loads to black screen.  Is this going to be able to be fixed????? as of today 10-09-2020 and after 2 updates it still doesn't work  Still doesn't work as of 10-10-2020. Also noticed in task manager that it uses 3.5 to 4 gigs of ram, cpu spikes to 68% usage, and disk writing goes up and down from small to large. do i need to re download the game, such a pain.

Managed to fix my problem by deleting the pt game from my computer as well as registry entry's. re downloaded the pt game and installed. worked fine after that and black screen was gone. seem to work fine now.

Edited by playtoy608
more info
  • Sad 1