You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Morpheous

To play with CVs bugged? Well it is.....

14 comments in this topic

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,283 posts
19,184 battles

glorious.  Please WG keep the CV bug...its just wonderful playing without them...so many guys commenting in game how grand the game is now.... good sneaky fix!! Keep up the good work WG!

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 5

Members
3,196 posts
2,959 battles

I don't know what you're talking about, but the first ship I play tomorrow will be USS Langley.

• Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
4,308 battles
29 minutes ago, Morpheous said:

glorious.  Please WG keep the CV bug...its just wonderful playing without them...so many guys commenting in game how grand the game is now.... good sneaky fix!! Keep up the good work WG!

They have been adjusting the plane losses back to be closer to 0.9.8.

The torpedo adjustments make them harder to dodge.

I won all four games of CV I played today.

Encouraging WG that the community will turn a blind eye to nerfs without notice is not healthy for the game at all.

• Cool 2

[SGSS]
Members
6,915 posts
1 hour ago, Morpheous said:

This is the game is worthless.  Almost 2 years and same thing over and over.  

What a worthless post.

• Boring 1

[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
10,529 posts
2 hours ago, Morpheous said:

shot-20.10.06_22.55.29-0847.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
1,735 posts
6,581 battles

Tbh I haven't really noticed a change. Less planes come back but it doesn't really make much of a difference in the long run. 

And from a surface ship's perspective, more planes are shot down, sure, but it's after the strike which is useless 90% of the time

[DPG]
Members
2,145 posts
12,354 battles
3 hours ago, Burnsy said:

shot-20.10.06_22.55.29-0847.jpg

That's nice, sweetie.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,668 posts
8,690 battles
10 hours ago, Morpheous said:

Feels like it's already been fixed.

Stay salty though.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
21 hours ago, PotatoMD said:

Tbh I haven't really noticed a change. Less planes come back but it doesn't really make much of a difference in the long run. 

Same. I just pre-drop more often, depending on what I'm going after.

Did they do something to bombs? Playing Lexington the last couple days, it seems I'm hitting more.

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
4,308 battles
2 hours ago, Skpstr said:

Same. I just pre-drop more often, depending on what I'm going after.

Did they do something to bombs? Playing Lexington the last couple days, it seems I'm hitting more.

Ordinance drop RNG has been impacted.

One of the patch notes mentions preventing torpedoes and bombs from crossing after drop...whatever they did to change things has affected how many hits you are likely to get.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
9 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Ordinance drop RNG has been impacted.

One of the patch notes mentions preventing torpedoes and bombs from crossing after drop...whatever they did to change things has affected how many hits you are likely to get.

Gotcha. I've noticed with IJN torps, that I often get them running side by side, very close together, but I haven't noticed more or fewer hits. (I'm guessing that although it's easier to dodge, it's also less likely for one to miss due to spread)

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
4,308 battles
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

Gotcha. I've noticed with IJN torps, that I often get them running side by side, very close together, but I haven't noticed more or fewer hits. (I'm guessing that although it's easier to dodge, it's also less likely for one to miss due to spread)

Ive found them to be harder to dodge...because the ships cant predict them. Dodging is random rather than skill based.

[DOW]
[DOW]
Members
1,080 posts
41,109 battles

I went back to playing surface combat ships while 09.9 works itself out, DD's CA's and BB's all seem reasonable to play, even Shininome. Only issues I had were in Tirpitz when I was isolated and focused by CV's. I still had good Tirpitz matches (Epoch/secondary hit mission) and just had to chuckle; yeah, my planes would be all over this buffet too. 

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
3 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Ive found them to be harder to dodge...because the ships cant predict them. Dodging is random rather than skill based.

I meant the two close together. You effectively are only dodging one torp. The downside is that, where before the second torp might have missed the stern as you drive by, they'll both hit.

I haven't really noticed any randomness, except when I'm rushed and the reticle doesn't close.