Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
STINKWEED_

Today's 0.9.9.1 patch

22 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
3,354 posts
17,100 battles

It seems that the patch today is taking as long to install as re-install. What's in it?

 

image.thumb.png.1c04e69a6f23f875de0e11934a0f626f.png

Edited by STINKWEED_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,968
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,182 posts
14 minutes ago, Raven2303 said:

Its literally a few bug fixes taking up 2.1 GBs.....

Actually, when I did the D/L, it was 2.6 GB. :cap_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,818
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,718 posts

My install went smoothly, and my computer is ten years old. If your install is lagging you might want to reboot your computer and then re-open the game to finish it. A computer that has not been rebooted in some time may have other installs happening, files that need to be written to the drive, or memory areas that need cleared, etc. -- all this slows up a system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,413
[RLGN]
Members
15,170 posts
26,814 battles
22 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

My install went smoothly, and my computer is ten years old. If your install is lagging you might want to reboot your computer and then re-open the game to finish it. A computer that has not been rebooted in some time may have other installs happening, files that need to be written to the drive, or memory areas that need cleared, etc. -- all this slows up a system.

Weirdly... My phone did this.

Couldn’t install an update; allegedly no room. Deleted an unused app and restarted and suddenly I had 10G of space...?

Wut?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
71
[O_S_D]
Members
174 posts
17,493 battles

I couldn't log on, got a message I was out of date to the server and had to do a check & install 28+ GB for it to work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
175
[WOLF8]
Members
652 posts
9,306 battles
1 hour ago, STINKWEED_ said:

It seems that the patch today is taking as long to install as re-install. What's in it?

 

image.thumb.png.1c04e69a6f23f875de0e11934a0f626f.png

Check your settings (Update --> Download speed) in the WGC.  I haven't really been paying attention to my download speeds for updates.  I just let them run while I went somewheres else.  Yesterday, for some reason, I was poking around in the WGC and looked under the Updates.  My Download speeds for Updates and Max Download Speeds was set to 128 KB/s :Smile_amazed:   Downloads are now much faster at 10MB/s :cap_rambo:.  Not sure how the Download speed got set so low.  Don't know if I did it unintentionally or if WG did it somehow.  I'm just gonna blame WG...because.:fish_viking:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,354 posts
17,100 battles
13 minutes ago, Slammer58 said:

Check your settings (Update --> Download speed) in the WGC.  I haven't really been paying attention to my download speeds for updates.  I just let them run while I went somewheres else.  Yesterday, for some reason, I was poking around in the WGC and looked under the Updates.  My Download speeds for Updates and Max Download Speeds was set to 128 KB/s :Smile_amazed:   Downloads are now much faster at 10MB/s :cap_rambo:.  Not sure how the Download speed got set so low.  Don't know if I did it unintentionally or if WG did it somehow.  I'm just gonna blame WG...because.:fish_viking:

Everything is set to max and unlimited. I have a i7 with 16GIG RAM and a 1G Internet connection with no other videos or downloads etc running. It still took 20+ minutes. The full 0.9.9 update too the same. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54
[AN2AC]
Members
145 posts
8,954 battles
15 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Everything is set to max and unlimited. I have a i7 with 16GIG RAM and a 1G Internet connection with no other videos or downloads etc running. It still took 20+ minutes. The full 0.9.9 update too the same. 

 

WG probably added a RNG feature to that too :Smile_hiding:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,006
[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,343 posts
13,470 battles

Maybe someone accidentally checked in a common header file and caused rebuilding of every single modules. The update packager tagged everything as new then included all binaries and artifacts in the update.

Whoever did that in my company would get a huge minus on the review.

Or maybe it's not an accident. The fix is in the header. Then whoever did that in my company would probably get fired. Along with the person who put that piece of code/definition in a common header in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3
[RMRGD]
Members
7 posts
5,968 battles

Install went fine, now I am getting booted every other game.....Another great update from Wargaming.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,229
[ARGSY]
Members
22,351 posts
16,264 battles

I had no problems at all. The fix preloaded Monday night and deployed on Tuesday in a few minutes.

Sometimes I wonder if people are just making stuff up.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
616 posts
4,388 battles
43 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I had no problems at all. The fix preloaded Monday night and deployed on Tuesday in a few minutes.

Sometimes I wonder if people are just making stuff up.

Same here, on both my desktop and laptop.  Then I talked to my brother, and he got "lucky" and got the slow install, same desktop computer model as mine.  Go figure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
421
[CHBK]
Members
1,041 posts
3,938 battles
16 hours ago, Raven2303 said:

Its literally a few bug fixes taking up 2.1 GBs.....

I am a software dev, I will let you in on a little secret.  If I change one line of code in a software package...I still have to deploy the entire package to the server.  It's probably just the way the have the modules set up for download, it doesn't mean there were literally 2gb+ of updates.

Edited by Taco_De_Moist
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
101
[DNTZ]
Members
421 posts
22,199 battles

If this would've taken an hour I would've been ok as it fixed the FPS drop for *every* ship that got spotted.  This issue led to micro (1/2 sec or less) stutters that seemed to occur a few times a minute.  It would throw off aim by making you wait that little bit longer and was annoying to look at.   Glad this update fixed all of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,728
[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,173 posts
4,766 battles
20 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Couldn’t install an update; allegedly no room. Deleted an unused app and restarted and suddenly I had 10G of space...?

Wut?!?

With all this modern technology and the Microshaft-pioneered technique of interlocking *everything*, a simple "Hello World" requires 2GB disk space and 4GB to run.

Welcome to the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,728
[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,173 posts
4,766 battles
1 hour ago, Gemlin said:

The update "Un-Nerfed" CVs.

Actually, no.  That was done in micro-patches.  This one

  • Fixed a bug that caused a short-term FPS drop when an enemy ship is detected.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Update_0.9.9.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×