You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

ST 0.9.10, Arpeggio of Blue Steel and Black Friday

137 comments in this topic

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,115 posts
11,056 battles

Why are we getting an ARP Yamato??? Why are we not just doing the camo for it like Musashi??? Maya is a good addition, but seriously, please tell me you are not letting people just buy a Yamato...

• Cool 1

Members
3,878 posts
14,395 battles

why another Atago clone? this is the chance to have Maya as her late war AA configuration to make it more interesting, and keep it like the ARP Maya

• Cool 4

[PISD]
Members
1,675 posts
5,836 battles
Just now, ChubbyCVEGambierBaaayyyy said:

why another Atago clone? this is the chance to have Maya as her late war AA configuration to make it more interesting, and keep it like the ARP Maya

They never did it for such collab so why start now?

Members
3,878 posts
14,395 battles
Just now, Y_Nagato said:

They never did it for such collab so why start now?

they did it for HSF collab, where the Harekaze was actually interesting, and the AL collab here they actually made the ships (excluding Lit) different, albeit by a tiny bit

• Cool 4

[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,838 battles

It's finally a carnival dayo!

Not quite sure to the seperate Yamato, how will things like the unique upgrade be handled?

[PISD]
Members
1,675 posts
5,836 battles
11 minutes ago, ChubbyCVEGambierBaaayyyy said:

they did it for HSF collab, where the Harekaze was actually interesting, and the AL collab here they actually made the ships (excluding Lit) different, albeit by a tiny bit

HSF was only one ship, and the Harekaze was a original ships only existing in the series. For the AL, in general they mainly switched caracteristique (Yukikaze, Montpellier), use the B hull (Rossiya) or did nothing (Littorio). They did not really change the model of any of them.

• Boring 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,783 posts
20,267 battles

Severely disappointed that Maya is just a Takao clone instead of her refit where she lost a 203mm turret in favor of additional secondaries and AA. Would make a great T7.

• Cool 6
  • Thanks 1

Members
3,878 posts
14,395 battles
1 minute ago, Y_Nagato said:

HSF was only one ship, and the Harekaze was a original ships only existing in the series. For the AL, in general they mainly switched caracteristique (Yukikaze, Montpellier), use the B hull (Rossiya) or did nothing (Littorio). They did not really change the model of any of them.

fair I guess. would just like to see a change 

[RVNHQ]
Members
342 posts
10,374 battles

Nice try WG but I bet Jean Bart B is container exclusive.

[POP]
Members
2,988 posts
24,079 battles
20 minutes ago, ChubbyCVEGambierBaaayyyy said:

Agreed any chance of AA configuration IJN Maya just got canned permanently :Smile_sad: 

Members
3,664 posts
42,437 battles
9 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

Why are we getting an ARP Yamato??? Why are we not just doing the camo for it like Musashi??? Maya is a good addition, but seriously, please tell me you are not letting people just buy a Yamato...

Yammy is not a premium ship, but since WG has stated that some balance changes will be made, I can only guess it has to do with the legendary upgrade.

Either this Yammy can't mount it and WG will give it the old dispersion back in the day, or something else that will make it unique.

The original Takao used to have no bonuses on its camo, but WG fixed it and it's a clone

I think this is a collection thing.

And if you looked at the manga, and series, you would know that the unique color pattern is very nice.

In my opinion, this is better than Azur Lane in that Azur Lane doesn't actually use the ships in their own game and it's their commanders that are the draw (pun intended).

In ARP, the ships are used in the manga and anime. So this collaboration makes better sense.

I always wondered if WG would bring these ships in on the next one, and it looks like they did.

Even if Maya is a clone, the character is at least well written in an actual manga. Same goes for the other ships and captains.

I only hope WG does what they did in the early days and have accessible missions to get the Kongou and her sisters. Then maybe an advanced Takao mission.

There is good opportunity to let players pick and choose what they want from the shop. Since there were issues last time and the Azur Lane one was somewhat terrible.

For instance. The red Takao camo should be sold seperate.

Players should be able to play regular and naturally earn the Kongou's.

Obviously, the Yamato is the centerpiece. And rightly so, but if WG sells it for equivalent value, plus the unique art, Commander, and maybe a 3 tiered bundle, it should do well.

As for Musashi, well that is obvious. We know why we can't sell Musashi. So it makes sense to sell the camo, so long as it offers nice bonuses.

Maya, being a clone should sell just like Takao. But she won't have an alternative camo later as the manga will explain. (Spoilers)

Now I always wanted a Kaga in black.

Who read my mind on this one? LOL

Black Bart. Fetch me the Red Ryder BB gun! I won't be shooting my eye out, but the jokes will be coming along with AP for this BB.

WG missed out on a permanent camo for Colorado.

A Black Colorado.

Make it so!

• Cool 1

[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,838 battles
2 minutes ago, Beleaf_ said:

Will the shortened version of this ship be JBB I wonder?

[CMFRT]
Modder
984 posts
2,391 battles

Hey so... will the other ARP ships (the Myokos and the Takao) be available too? I missed those and would like to collect them.

• Cool 2

Members
3,664 posts
42,437 battles
22 minutes ago, ChubbyCVEGambierBaaayyyy said:

None of the Azur Lane ships are ever used in the game itself on their end. Just a variation of the captains costume with parts attached. In fact the WG collaboration with Azur Lane is an adaptation of the thematic elements, but just that.

The big difference with Azur Lane and ARP is ARP uses the actual ships and art. No adaptation. It's a faithful rendition rather than an interpretation.

• Cool 1

Members
3,664 posts
42,437 battles
8 minutes ago, Beleaf_ said:

They are discussing it. But there are two versions of the container. Just one has higher chances. If you ask what the containers are like, I am sure you will get some answer.

Members
3,664 posts
42,437 battles
10 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Agreed any chance of AA configuration IJN Maya just got canned permanently :Smile_sad: 

7 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

Will the shortened version of this ship be JBB I wonder?

Black Bart!

Members
3,664 posts
42,437 battles
8 minutes ago, Avalon304 said:

Hey so... will the other ARP ships (the Myokos and the Takao) be available too? I missed those and would like to collect them.

I sure hope they show up as missions again.

That was fun to do as you basically just played what you usually played.

• Cool 1

[GRAVE]
Members
1,410 posts
19,878 battles

So now we get another Atago, now making 4 of them. And a web Yamato, please for the love of Christ do not put this thing in the premium shop for money (something tells me they will because they’ve been pushing the boundary of what they can get away with)

WG: Removes Jean Bart because she’s too popular

Also WG: brings Jean Bart Back in Black (at least Flambass should be excited at another Jean Bart coming)

Cossack is an interesting choice, as is Kaga, but Atlanta seems questionable due to the upcoming skill rework and past reworks not being kind to her.

[GRAVE]
Members
1,410 posts
19,878 battles
17 minutes ago, Lert said:

Severely disappointed that Maya is just a Takao clone instead of her refit where she lost a 203mm turret in favor of additional secondaries and AA. Would make a great T7.

There is still hope, as this appears just an Atago reskin with ARP in front of it, so maybe the real Maya will appear at some point.

[KWF]
Members
5,236 posts
6,659 battles

A wasted opportunity with Maya, especially being an Atago clone. 

As for Yamato, let's see if she will be the first tier X for sale.

I'm sensing a big Lowe/Derpitz moment coming if that will be the case.