You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Developer Bulletin 0.9.10

34 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,249 posts
14,670 battles

The "U.S. Battleships: Part 2" event, "Always Courageous!" collection, and a new temporary battle type—Key Battles.

Read it on the portal

Members
3,354 posts
17,002 battles

The Halloween event looks fun and interesting. I'm just wondering if it's a tad too complicated for the average player? So many things to learn and keep track of. 

I guess if a ship carrying a key is destroyed the key is up for grabs again?  

Just a thought:  With up to three "allies" and only one key, it forces the three players to turn on each other later and promote a DD meta as it's easier to torp each other at close range? WG is encouraging team kill......  interesting   

Edited by STINKWEED_
  • Cool 2

[CAAT]
Members
498 posts
4,387 battles

Aaaand here comes Oklahoma. Here's hoping she brings SOMETHING else to the table to compensate for that ridiculous 40s reload at Tier 5...

• Cool 1

Members
7 posts
9,123 battles

Will not participate in Halloween event this year. As a coop and scenario player only (bots don't have egos). The idea of co operating with, then turning on your fellow players just doesn't sit right with me. First time in five years of play that I won't be doing Halloween. Disappointed.

Whoever it is that is putting in these negative social behaviour game styles should see a therapist.

• Cool 14
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 2

[TDRB]
Members
5,162 posts
13,743 battles

My 1st impression is extremely negative. If I wanted to do battle in a fantasy game of witches & warlocks & other demons I would go back to World of Warcraft.

• Cool 9
  • Meh 1

[NYAAR]
Members
142 posts
2,350 battles
43 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

My 1st impression is extremely negative. If I wanted to do battle in a fantasy game of witches & warlocks & other demons I would go back to World of Warcraft.

But at least you get to choose to play this new battlemode (which is PvPvE) or stick to the all metal wows PvP battlemodes. The battlemode I like most (which is the halloween scenario PvE battles) will apparently simply not be there at all this year.

[4-FUN]
[4-FUN]
Members
112 posts
10,328 battles
1 hour ago, TankGir1 said:

Will not participate in Halloween event this year. As a coop and scenario player only (bots don't have egos). The idea of co operating with, then turning on your fellow players just doesn't sit right with me. First time in five years of play that I won't be doing Halloween. Disappointed.

Whoever it is that is putting in these negative social behaviour game styles should see a therapist.

Been saying something along these lines since first heard of these new changes.   They say GIVE us Feedback  HERE IT IS!!!

• Cool 3
  • Meh 2

[CHA0S]
[CHA0S]
Members
4 posts
23 minutes ago, Rockhound_97 said:

Been saying something along these lines since first heard of these new changes.   They say GIVE us Feedback  HERE IT IS!!!

how dare they have a unique pvp event in a largely pvp centric game.  What are they thinking. /s     Seriously though this isn't to unlike events we have had before with players working together then shooting eachother, and those went off just fine.

Edited by Amphiptere
clarification
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[CHA0S]
[CHA0S]
Members
4 posts

What is all changing in the Naval Base Port?  Only thing I see is removing some of the artwork and more clouds.

Edited by Amphiptere
clarification

[WG]
4,249 posts
14,670 battles
20 minutes ago, joekewwl_1 said:

Will we see Maurders event this year? I like those alot. @Hapa_Fodder

You mean the bounty events?

-Hapa

[5D4]
[5D4]
Members
512 posts
15,408 battles

This halloween is a joke event, NO Originality it is just a rip off of the world of tanks steel hunters event with minor changes. WG is trying to force pvp into this halloween mode. I hope I am not the only one who sees it. 

• Cool 2
  • Haha 1

[5D4]
[5D4]
Members
512 posts
15,408 battles
6 hours ago, TankGir1 said:

4 hours ago, Rockhound_97 said:

3 hours ago, Amphiptere said:

how dare they have a unique pvp event in a largely pvp centric game.  What are they thinking. /s     Seriously though this isn't to unlike events we have had before with players working together then shooting eachother, and those went off just fine.

I agree with this, last year was fine you had a div up friends, you fought to get filth, kill rasputin, and then decide to kill everyone if you want to or violate a ceasefire. That was fun, and sure sometimes you lose but you still got something. If it doesnt change, I WILL sit out and would rather have div mates and bad random teams. I know @Hapa_Fodder has very little role in these decisions but I feel sorry because he still gets flack. 

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[TDRB]
Members
5,162 posts
13,743 battles
5 hours ago, Bakakaze said:

But at least you get to choose to play this new battlemode (which is PvPvE) or stick to the all metal wows PvP battlemodes. The battlemode I like most (which is the halloween scenario PvE battles) will apparently simply not be there at all this year.

I gave my subjective opinion. I do wish WG would make their Halloween ship's appearance above what I would call a 9 to 12 year-old level. But if you enjoy it, play until your heart's content. We each have different taste.

• Cool 1

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,287 posts
19,898 battles

"Instead of the usual rectangular Minimap, the new battle type features a round one with the player's ship at its center. It shows everything within the spotting range of your ship."

What an absolutely terrible concept to test out. I hope it never makes it to the real game.

[WG]
4,249 posts
14,670 battles
7 minutes ago, joekewwl_1 said:

Yes, I do.

...stay tuned...

:Smile_izmena:

• Cool 1

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
643 posts
5,653 battles
20 hours ago, Amphiptere said:

This looks like a modification on the filth raid thing. Some folks chose to cooperate, some not. It was funny as half the forum was moaning about not killing everyone for the most filth (someone even posted a thread about reporting others for breaking the official rules by calling a truce), while the rest whined about not abiding by called truces. This new mode just ups the ante. You still collect points (filth) but now need one of the limited keys to get MORE points upon exit. This actually sounds fun and I am a Coop main. It will be interesting to see if the carnage starts early to thin the competition or waits til the keys start to fall.

• Funny 1

[VX9]
Members
17 posts
3,888 battles

So are the ship models from this event going to ve permenant camos available for purchase like in years past?

Edited by Lolilanta

[NYAAR]
Members
142 posts
2,350 battles
23 hours ago, kgh52 said:

I gave my subjective opinion. I do wish WG would make their Halloween ship's appearance above what I would call a 9 to 12 year-old level. But if you enjoy it, play until your heart's content. We each have different taste.

If they add Sunray back again, I'd play nothing but that! :D

And if they don't, I'll probably play more skyrim instead :P

[NYAAR]
Members
142 posts
2,350 battles
On 10/8/2020 at 12:23 AM, lordholland4293 said:

This halloween is a joke event, NO Originality it is just a rip off of the world of tanks steel hunters event with minor changes. WG is trying to force pvp into this halloween mode. I hope I am not the only one who sees it. 

I also seen this. They are (how do I explain this?) squeezing us into liking PvP more, or something along those lines.

The last PvPvE event (where we had to go fetch the filth) was fun for me for 2 main reasons. The first reason being that being able to take 2 divmates who, as a group, we already know each other pretty well from playing ops together, would mean that we could effectively nihilate the PvP part, turning the filth gathering back into more of a PvE setting. This is why I liked that mode. Along with the second reason, which was that it has some pretty nifty credit gain.

That gamemode was made for deceiving each other, but instead the players preferred a more coop-oriented gameplay. And this change will effectively mitigate this, so we are persuaded even more to backstab each other.

Well, this is how I see this at least.

Edited by Bakakaze