Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
YouSatInGum

What does 27 Dasha's get you?

27 comments in this topic

[ANKER]
Members
1,413 posts
11,439 battles

The previous topic on captain skills was closed (for reasons I can't figger) literally as I hit the reply button...and I didn't want my maths to go waste so here goes....(side note:  making me retype this 15 minute post early in the morning was sorta irritating, so whoever closed it, I don't like you right now...at least until I finish my coffee)

7 hours ago, Burnsy said:

I even at a 50% recover rate, if you paid the doubloons on top of the cost of the captains, I doubt that number of 10pt captains would be enough to turn one of them into a 21 pointer.

You would basically just have a lot of really expensive 5 point captains.  If you bought them but then used credits to turn them into 20% donation captains, you would have a lot of really expensive (but less expensive), 2 point captains.

I am not going to figure out the math but I am betting that it would be a several hundred dollar 21 point captain.

Don't forget the captain xp system increases at kinda sorta linear rate that is somewhere between 1.2 and 1.5 more than the previous level

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Commander#Commander_Skill_Points

A 10 pt Dasha is worth about 183,000 cap xp so the dismissed Dasha value is 91,500 cxp.

Now, if we do some assuming and extrapolating, an 18 to 19 point Dasha is about a 1.21 multiple, so based on that a 21 point Dasha is about 2.5 million CXP.  That would make a grindless 21 pointer need about 26.3 Dashas  ( (2,500,000 - 91,500)/91,500 )  and if we round up (assuming we at starting from a 10 point Dasha) then that is 27 Dasha's.  In Doubloon value, that is 40,500 dubs, which at the current $4 per 1k dubs value, is $162 that you would need to buy yourself a brand spanking new 21 point pixel Dasha.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

Members
1,820 posts
27,161 battles

Wouldn't you feel better sending money to, oh, Red Cross or something like that?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 2

[CLUMP]
Members
1,189 posts
1,495 battles
Just now, Hel_Diver142 said:

And your point is.

I think he or she is showing off how much of a whale he or she :Smile_coin:

• Boring 1

Members
3,664 posts
42,448 battles

Just rub it in why don't you. I don't have any Dasha's anymore. Please, for The love of citadels, no more ideas about the Dasha's.

If you got some, good for you. If you think dismissing them to load up works, sure, great idea. Especially if you have a special Commander with skills.

But you can also play operations and harvest some captains so long as you have room, then dismiss those.

If you got extra captains, this new skills reset will be a good time to make some cuts.

But Dasha farming? No, too expensive.

And for some that did rank them up to 19, and feel the urge to dismiss to build a Lutjens, yeah. Good idea.

At least you had the chance to.😏

I need a nap 😴

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,309 posts
1 hour ago, YouSatInGum said:

The previous topic on captain skills was closed (for reasons I can't figger) literally as I hit the reply button...and I didn't want my maths to go waste so here goes....(side note:  making me retype this 15 minute post early in the morning was sorta irritating, so whoever closed it, I don't like you right now...at least until I finish my coffee)

Don't forget the captain xp system increases at kinda sorta linear rate that is somewhere between 1.2 and 1.5 more than the previous level

A 10 pt Dasha is worth about 183,000 cap xp so the dismissed Dasha value is 91,500 cxp.

Now, if we do some assuming and extrapolating, an 18 to 19 point Dasha is about a 1.21 multiple, so based on that a 21 point Dasha is about 2.5 million CXP.  That would make a grindless 21 pointer need about 26.3 Dashas  ( (2,500,000 - 91,500)/91,500 )  and if we round up (assuming we at starting from a 10 point Dasha) then that is 27 Dasha's.  In Doubloon value, that is 40,500 dubs, which at the current $4 per 1k dubs value, is $162 that you would need to buy yourself a brand spanking new 21 point pixel Dasha.

You realize that for $162 you can get an actual woman from Ukraine instead of some pixels?

• Funny 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

[SBS]
Members
6,126 posts
1 hour ago, YouSatInGum said:

Doubloon value, that is 40,500 dubs, which at the current $4 per 1k dubs value, is $162 that you would need to buy yourself a brand spanking new 21 point pixel Dasha.

Nope, you forgot an important part of the equation.  The $162 doesn't get you a 21 point commander, it only buys 27 Dashas.  You still need to pay for the cost of dismissing/converting that CXP into ECXP.

[POP]
Members
1,030 posts
15,790 battles
2 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

You realize that for $162 you can get an actual woman from Ukraine instead of some pixels?

This man is onto something...

Members
3,664 posts
42,448 battles

You know, WG is missing out on an opportunity here...

* Devious mind enabled (someone started it)

WG could on day of update, give anyone who has a Dasha an immediate bump to 21 points. This would encourage anyone to buy Dasha's because...

All Dasha's would have special skills for DDs and Kremlin.

For Kremlin, -50% dispersion. For DDs, reload reduced by half no matter what DD she is in. 

Okay 👌. But I can't buy any. So enjoy my suggestion. Thank me by sending me steel.

I envision a server full of Dasha's. 27, ha. You forget how many players love buffs!

Alas, I won't be buying any. Got it 👍

I will wait for the BSG collaboration.

Members
3,664 posts
42,448 battles
22 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

Are you suggesting a woman from the Ukraine is cheap?

I will only go so far as say, any woman is a sound investment if you invest time with them.

Drops mic 🎤

Members
3,664 posts
42,448 battles
22 minutes ago, Taco_De_Moist said:

I likely have enough 10 pters in reserve I will never use to get all my 19pters to 21.

I am stuck with a lot of German captains. I won't lose sleep getting rid of some. Schnapps and hair gel is expensive.  These guys party too much.

Members
3,664 posts
42,448 battles
31 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

Why would I ever trade 27 dashas for one? It’s like beer, if one Dasha is good more must be better

Drink too much and you might see more, but you might also be stuck with a lampshade.

I am glad I don't have a drinking problem. *Bottled water hits side of face.

Members
3,664 posts
42,448 battles
1 hour ago, theLaalaa said:

Wouldn't you feel better sending money to, oh, Red Cross or something like that?

Yeah, there is even a charity for cats. Just send me steel and I will handle the rest.

Members
3,664 posts
42,448 battles

WG: "We could do the Sailor Moon collaboration. Spreadsheet says if we sell them with the points and special skills of instant citadel, we could make millions. Tuxedo Mask, spreadsheet says no. Tuxedo Mask is not well liked. We can promote it by swapping out the captains of a certain streamer with Sailor Moon captains and watch the fun. We just won't tell him. It's a surprise."

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,168 posts
22,715 battles
1 hour ago, Doombeagle said:

1 hour ago, Dasha_Eyes said:

This man is onto something...

Let's not forget maintenance costs involved! After 36 years they still haven't gone down... 

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,168 posts
22,715 battles
2 hours ago, YouSatInGum said:

I actually think this "skills rework" will simplify my arrangement. I stopped grinding lines two years ago and have been playing premium ships since. With one captain to rule 4 ship types I'm gonna build captains for roles, not ships. I will likely flush 2/3 of my 72 19 point captains and all dozen or so 10 pointers to get 24  21 pointers. All that effort flushed down the drain. The ones I retain will be trained on those tech tree ships I like to play when I buy them back for events.

That's where I am headed until I hear more...

Edited by Khafni

[F4E]
Members
256 posts
5,958 battles
2 hours ago, YouSatInGum said:

In Doubloon value, that is 40,500 dubs, which at the current $4 per 1k dubs value, is $162 that you would need to buy yourself a brand spanking new 21 point pixel Dasha.

Pretty sure the OP was just giving the community the numbers.  Don't think he was whale bragging.

Thanks for your informative post.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,313 battles

Who would ever dismiss a Dasha?

That's just ...... WRONG!

What does 27 Dasha's get you? 

A great day at the beach and a huge Margarita bill!

(I suggest we find 27 Dasha's and go find out right now!)

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,313 battles
1 hour ago, Khafni said:

I stopped grinding lines two years ago and have been playing premium ships since.

Hey Amigo, satisfy my curiosity; did you keep any line ships, or did you go all premium?

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,168 posts
22,715 battles

@Umikami, I went all premium. I've got 108 of 'em in port so plenty of digital ships to sail around the digital ocean. I'll buy back a tech tree ship if I have a purpose. I've Shima in port now working on her UU. May never use her again but she will be ready.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.1f965e104d6e4b320bbaca7c133abc79.png

Edited by Khafni

Sign in to follow this