Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Khafni

Pick one Time and Stick to It

8 comments in this topic

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,430 posts
29,056 battles

Okay WG. I understand you have to patch the game now and then. It is part of the improvement cycle. But, please, pick one time, publish it, and stick to it.

From the WTC launcher, as official a source as you can find in this game.

image.png.7524b50cf524ef8991f224009895485a.png

5 UTC is midnight CDT. Strange but official, right? So I got kicked from the game at 4AM. Looked in the forums remembering @Hapa_Fodder identifying a download was associated with a patch but no other mention. So I went looking further and lo and behold

From the website something different.

image.thumb.png.5a9f45eda86149f9926abf21e9110cbd.png

9 UTC is 4AM CDT. More like it but not what I saw when I started playing this morning.

Nothing lost but time playing a game before work. WG, get your software release process fixed. Several balls were dropped on this one.

• Cool 3

Members
6 posts
17,801 battles

I agree 09:00 is 9 AM  not 9 PM and it is still the 5th  not 6th. So  wrong time and wrong date, come on WG this isn't your first rodeo. 

[RLGN]
Members
18,935 posts
34,496 battles

What @Khafni said.

Got kicked from a decent game that would have finished third container.

Considering ‘programming so the bots stand a chance’ cheating screwed me out of a similar game earlier in the evening, getting screwed again was kind of an ironic end to the gaming day...

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
52,536 battles
36 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES said:

I agree 09:00 is 9 AM  not 9 PM and it is still the 5th  not 6th. So  wrong time and wrong date, come on WG this isn't your first rodeo. 

It's not the first, but if they didn't fix the issues, it could have very well been their last.

They had all their Russian 🐹 hamsters and one Blue American hamster 🐹on loan from a player who will not want to be identified.

WG is still feeling the pain from the passing of Ivan the Terrible Hamster 🐹. Their veteran server Manager.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

image.png.f12291fd3288533bfcf582238f680928.png

Here's what I'm seeing now. I made a post last night which was pulled straight from the launcher. Different time. Strange, I would think it much easier to determine a browser or game launcher time zone and set the message appropriately, as in: 

"Server will be unavailable from XX am/pm to YY am/pm LOCAL TIME for tech update". I think most of us know if we're in CA heading for NY, "local time" in CA would be different than NY. 

[CO-OP]
Members
5,183 posts
41,758 battles
7 hours ago, Khafni said:

Okay WG. I understand you have to patch the game now and then. It is part of the improvement cycle. But, please, pick one time, publish it, and stick to it.

From the WTC launcher, as official a source as you can find in this game.

image.png.7524b50cf524ef8991f224009895485a.png

5 UTC is midnight CDT. Strange but official, right? So I got kicked from the game at 4AM. Looked in the forums remembering @Hapa_Fodder identifying a download was associated with a patch but no other mention. So I went looking further and lo and behold

From the website something different.

image.thumb.png.5a9f45eda86149f9926abf21e9110cbd.png

9 UTC is 4AM CDT. More like it but not what I saw when I started playing this morning.

Nothing lost but time playing a game before work. WG, get your software release process fixed. Several balls were dropped on this one.

6 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

What @Khafni said.

Got kicked from a decent game that would have finished third container.

Considering ‘programming so the bots stand a chance’ cheating screwed me out of a similar game earlier in the evening, getting screwed again was kind of an ironic end to the gaming day...

100% agree.  I had the opposite "problem" that @Estimated_Prophet had, I quit early anticipating a server shut-down at 10:00 p.m. PDT.

Sign in to follow this