You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DDG_53_John_Paul_Jones

End of Year Sales

12 comments in this topic

Members
54 posts
4,733 battles

So I know from past years that around Christmas Wargaming puts a discount on the XP to Free XP conversion rate. At the moment it is 1 Doubloon + 25 XP = 25 Free XP.  Is the ratio during the Christmas sales 1 Doubloon + 35 XP = 35 Free XP or 1 Doubloon + 50 XP = 50 Free XP

Also, What is up with Subs - I haven't heard anything recently. 

Thanks, 
JPJ

• Cool 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,171 posts
22,715 battles

WG never lets the cat out of the bag about the sales until they post them.

No subs news is good subs news...

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,709 posts
36,277 battles
11 minutes ago, Khafni said:

Indeed!

• Cool 1

Members
3,664 posts
42,552 battles
47 minutes ago, Khafni said:

WG never lets the cat out of the bag about the sales until they post them.

I guess the subs sank in committee.

As for cats, WG is still fitting them with fricken lasers.

New Halloween event, laser cats.

• Funny 1

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,289 posts
19,958 battles

They conversion never exceeds 35. It's still a terrible deal you need to spend $300 or so to convert enough FXP to get halland.

The sales get less and less, and the gimmicks to exploit the few people with money grows.

In 2016 you could buy a pack of 200 camouflages for $20, then amount shrank to 100, then 30, now no camouflages are sold at all.

In 2016 you could buy bundles of individual flags, like 300x papa papa for about $7. Now you have to spend $30 to buy a bundle of flags, most of them worthless.

Why? Because some people spend over $15,000 on this game, and they spend $300 every single patch. Instead of 100 people buying packs of camouflage, they aim their sights at the ONE person who will whale their way to anchorage or puerto rico.

They no longer make affordable $15 premiums for tier 4 or 5, just selling the same old ones year after year, while making ships that are $80 for high tiers. This creates skill gap, and quality of play gets worse, it's like paying $80 and now you can go play in the world cup or Olympics.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,312 posts
10,175 battles
1 hour ago, Cit_the_bed said:

They conversion never exceeds 35. It's still a terrible deal you need to spend $300 or so to convert enough FXP to get halland.

The sales get less and less, and the gimmicks to exploit the few people with money grows.

In 2016 you could buy a pack of 200 camouflages for $20, then amount shrank to 100, then 30, now no camouflages are sold at all.

In 2016 you could buy bundles of individual flags, like 300x papa papa for about $7. Now you have to spend $30 to buy a bundle of flags, most of them worthless.

Why? Because some people spend over $15,000 on this game, and they spend $300 every single patch. Instead of 100 people buying packs of camouflage, they aim their sights at the ONE person who will whale their way to anchorage or puerto rico.

They no longer make affordable $15 premiums for tier 4 or 5, just selling the same old ones year after year, while making ships that are $80 for high tiers. This creates skill gap, and quality of play gets worse, it's like paying $80 and now you can go play in the world cup or Olympics.

I would predict with a high degree of confidence that their sales model shows a Pareto's Law distribution where ~80% of their revenue/profit comes from ~20% of their player population. Further, it is also likely that roughly 64% of revenue, etc. comes from only about 4% of the population. So like Will Sutton they are simply going to where the money is.....

[CK5]
Members
1,496 posts
15,917 battles

Future events will not likely be influenced by past events.  Cit_the_bed is quite right with his point that WG has tightened the spigot every year.  I expect less and less and that is exactly what WG delivers.   

[PHD]
Members
1,747 posts
7,140 battles
7 hours ago, DDG_53_John_Paul_Jones said:

I found what I was looking for. (Thank God for Filters)

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/missions-0811-weekly-2/

But I must say, Wargaming - this year has been hell.... 50XP per 1 Doubloon would make this year a bit more bearable. 
Puss In Boots Awww GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Particularly when the captain skills rework takes effect, many will need/want more XP to bring 19 pointers up to 21.

Subs are still being refined. I expect another test session at some time. They are going to try giving ships with no deptcharges ASW floatplanes. 

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,289 posts
19,958 battles

19pt to 21pt will probably be much more xp, probably 1.5 million captain xp.

For a coop player, that represents almost 750 coop games to reach 21pt and start earning FXP again.

[OIL-1]
Members
1,291 posts
16 hours ago, Cit_the_bed said:

it's like paying $80 and now you can go play in the world cup or Olympics.

Not even close. It's $450,000 to buy your way into the Olympics.

And that was a couple years ago. I'm sure it's more now.