You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sventex

Is it possible to get USS Florida for free?

14 comments in this topic

[REVY]
Members
8,167 posts
6,118 battles

I noticed that the Florida is part of the US Battleship tokens thing in the armory, but there doesn't seem to be nearly enough tokens to even remotely get that bundle.  Is there something else suppose to appear that will be providing tokens or is USS Florida suppose to be a ship that's costing real money?  I find the armory bundle system overly convoluted and don't know what's earnable and what's not.

[POP]
Members
4,749 posts
12,813 battles

We're getting missions this weekend and next weekend to earn additional tokens beyond the 12.9k maximum you can get from the directives, but WG hasn't said anything about what the missions will be or how many tokens they'll give. In other words, there's no way to get Florida for free unless you get really lucky and it drops from a container (SC, KotS (if it's even on that list), or Santa). Depending on how many tokens the missions give, you may be able to get the Kansas camo for free, but that would be it. For Florida, you'll either need to buy the base ship+port slot from the premium shop or buy tokens with doubloons to get it via the armory bundles.

[BUOY]
Members
1,133 posts
15,619 battles
29 minutes ago, Sventex said:

I noticed that the Florida is part of the US Battleship tokens thing in the armory, but there doesn't seem to be nearly enough tokens to even remotely get that bundle.  Is there something else suppose to appear that will be providing tokens or is USS Florida suppose to be a ship that's costing real money?  I find the armory bundle system overly convoluted and don't know what's earnable and what's not.

No, and going for the FL through tokens is actually more expensive than just buying from the shop (by a LOT, too) since Hapa's announced that at most the week 2/3 missions will give you enough to get the KS permaflage which leaves 27k tokens and the week 2/3 missions are the ONLY RNG for this event.

If you want FL, buy from the store for $40 or hope to get lucky with Xmas crates.

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,289 posts
19,958 battles

No. Even in the best case, you have to spend money. Just buy it in the store, unless you like gambling and perhaps coming away with the ship at 3x the cost.

[BOMBL]
Members
1,204 posts
15,246 battles

I'm curious if there will be a "bundle" with Florida in the Shop with tokens. If I could get enough tokens to get the Florida with missions, directives, and from a Florida bundle and gets dubs for getting the Florida I would be interested. If not I'll wait for Santa of course I play on a mac so Santa may not visit me this year

[CHBK]
Members
1,041 posts
3,938 battles
5 hours ago, Sventex said:

I don't think so, you have to complete the bundles in order so getting the florida would cost the 20000 tokens for the florida plus the cost of all the previous bundles.

[PVE]
Members
12,908 posts
27,023 battles
5 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

We're getting missions this weekend and next weekend to earn additional tokens beyond the 12.9k maximum you can get from the directives, but WG hasn't said anything about what the missions will be or how many tokens they'll give. In other words, there's no way to get Florida for free unless you get really lucky and it drops from a container (SC, KotS (if it's even on that list), or Santa). Depending on how many tokens the missions give, you may be able to get the Kansas camo for free, but that would be it. For Florida, you'll either need to buy the base ship+port slot from the premium shop or buy tokens with doubloons to get it via the armory bundles.

No. I doubt even with these special mystery missions coming over the next 2 weeks that you can get enough tokens to get FL "free". MAYBE enough to get the Kansas camo?

Max tokens we know can be earned free = 12,900. You have to buy the bundles in order to buy FL which is bundle #6 so that means you have to buy 1-5 1st.

• Bundle 1 = 3000 Tokens
  • Bundle 2 = 4000 Tokens
  • Bundle 3 = 5000 Tokens
  • Bundle 4 = 6000 Tokens (Kansas Perma Camo)
  • Bundle 5 = 7000 Tokens
  • Bundle 6 = 20,000 Tokens (FL)
  • Bundle 7 = 25,000 Tokens (Minnesota Perma Camo +a few other things)
  • Bundle 8 = 30,000 Tokens (Vermont Perma Camo + a few other things)

So you can't even get the Kansas camo free. It takes 18,000 tokens just for that and you can only earn 12,900 leaving you 5100 short requiring you buy 4 (1500 tokens each so 6000 total) of the 1000 Doubloon bundles (leaves 900 tokens). If you did that (ie; earn your 12,900 and buy 4 bundles) you will be 19,100 tokens short of FL which would require buying 13 more bundles.

There is one other way to get tokens. You can cash in Recruitment pts. For every 400 Recruitment pts you cash in (10X max) you get 200 tokens. So 2000 possible there but it still leaves you short of the Kansas camo (would need to buy 2 bundles) never mind FL.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 3

[HAI]
Members
178 posts

prob just me, I dont care about this ship at all, zero.

I mean why? again, just me.

• Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
12,908 posts
27,023 battles
40 minutes ago, Airglide2 said:

What about thr camo?  Can you get that for free with token count?

You can't get any of the perma camos for any ship, even Kansas, with the 12,900 tokens you can earn free. read my post a couple up for the #'s. 

Members
1,106 posts
12,142 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

You can't get any of the perma camos for any ship, even Kansas, with the 12,900 tokens you can earn free. read my post a couple up for the #'s. 

Ugh, what a drag.  Thanks.

[GLF]
Members
1,075 posts
17,624 battles

Only route to a free Florida:  Delete this thread.  Come on here reminiscing about your childhood and times with grandpa out on the gulf off Florida, fishing, and games you played pretending that his boat was a warship.  Then go on to say how you're in college, marooned in some quarantine dorm with no money and only an empty Wows port and your thoughts of Grandpa to keep you pushing forward.  If only you could sell your textbooks to get enough to buy USS Florida and cement grandpa's memory.  Perhaps the whales would be so moved by your story as to gift you the Florida?   

Not all that far fetched, I've seen similar things happen here, lol.

• Boring 1