Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Evenstar

Make Fighters Faster?

CVs and Fighters  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Should WG buff Fighter Cruise Speed?

• Yes, Fighters should be given a Cruise Speed buff.
    • No, Fighters are fine at their current Cruise Speed.

4 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
108 battles

This may have been brought up before, but I felt like it desperately needs to be reiterated if it has:

WG needs to make ship-launched and CV-launched fighters move quicker so they'll reach enemy planes that enter their area of operation. It's absolutely ridiculous to plant fighters to defend an allied ship, watch the enemy CV AP bomb that ship 15-20 seconds later, kill that ship, and escape by flying away from the fighters and recalling the planes as the fighters desperately try to reach them to shoot them down. I've seen this too many times both as a non-CV ship and as a CV ship to the point where it renders fighters much weaker than they should be. They're not a deterrent if enemy CVs can simply outrun them and fly away. It's one thing if the fighters get shot down, that's fine. It's another thing for the fighters to literally be unable to catch up to the target and effectively rendered almost useless at defending allies.

Whether this has been stated before or not, it must be stated again. All WG would need to do would buff the cruise speed of the fighters and it would render them much more effective since CVs would be unable to just outrun the fighters and pay no cost when gameplay wise they should be paying a cost for flying straight into fighters that has been planted long enough for them to arm. Furthermore, I've witnessed the new German CV planes being so fast with engine boosting that it becomes practically impossible for CV planes to catch them, specifically at tier 10. This is utterly ridiculous and is increasingly rendering fighters useless at a time when we're having another Clan Season with CVs. Simply buffing their cruise speed can change this quite a lot.

I'm aware the last notes on the new commander skills in testing included having fighters react sooner to targets in their range. While that could be helpful, it's pointless if CV planes can outrun them and be recalled without consequence. I've seen it enough times to where I had to say something about it. I personally enjoy playing CVs and, frankly, all ships. But it's silly when enemy planes can outrun the one weapon CVs have to defend their allies with from afar! How are you suppose to defend your allies otherwise?

At least the FDR planes are probably too slow to do this. Probably.

Edit: I should note that I mainly play on the EU server with the same username, but posted this with my North American account due to my time zone. Hence my battle count being so low. (Oops)

Edited by Admiral_Evenstar

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,266 battles

Aircraft speeds should be reduced, not fighters increased.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Members
992 posts
1,387 battles
2 hours ago, Umikami said:

Aircraft speeds should be reduced, not fighters increased.

NO!

The T4M already only goes 120 knots with the boost running, I don't want it to go slower!

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,266 battles
2 hours ago, black_hull4 said:

I don't want it to go slower!

Well, that makes one of you!

• Confused 1

Sign in to follow this