Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
mark_in_missouri

Incapacitating steering gear module

9 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
28 posts
53,310 battles

What's the easiest way to incapacitate an enemy's steering gear module using a tier VIII-X ship?

 

 

Edited by mark_in_missouri
add

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
838
[YK]
Members
2,237 posts
11,100 battles

Smash AP into the rearmost of battleships/large cruisers and hope.

Smash HE into the rearmost of cruisers/light cruisers and hope.

Smash HE into the rear half of DDs and laugh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,109
[PVE]
Members
8,733 posts
6 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

Smash HE into the rear half of DDs and laugh.

Or just near the rear of the DD, that works too.  You got the laugh part right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16,890
[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
37,607 posts
30,513 battles

HE near misses in the vicinity also do the job.  The bigger the HE shell the better.

 

Special mention for Royal Navy 419mm with the yooge blast radius.

 

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,771
[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
52,536 battles
3 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

Smash AP into the rearmost of battleships/large cruisers and hope.

Smash HE into the rearmost of cruisers/light cruisers and hope.

Smash HE into the rear half of DDs and laugh.

The DD part I have done a lot and I can attest, you will laugh.

Ever since Henri got that iron skillet installed on the stern, it's been questionable at best.

High caliber HE is the best way since most ends are lightly armored from the sides. Stern facing, use AP and it sticks the steering. But I hear HE fired from long range plunges the deck and is good too. You also have the added benefit of the engine getting hit. Most funnels are lightly armored. Hit Henri's rear funnel just right and you get the engine. By the time he repairs, he lost momentum and follow up shot is fatal. Unless he knows you are going to do it, he will panic.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,771
[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
52,536 battles
Just now, HazeGrayUnderway said:

HE near misses in the vicinity also do the job.  The bigger the HE shell the better.

 

Yep, 457 HE is like a huge nuke. That steering is hit and maybe a few AA get fried.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16,890
[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
37,607 posts
30,513 battles
8 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Yep, 457 HE is like a huge nuke. That steering is hit and maybe a few AA get fried.

RN 419mm / 457mm HE are simply fantastic in incapping, destroying gun mounts and various ship modules.

 

When we did Divisions and one of the members brought a Tier X CV, I was fond of taking Conqueror.  Sometimes our CV would ask "strip the AA off that Republique plz" and I'd comply :Smile_trollface:

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,771
[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
52,536 battles
14 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

RN 419mm / 457mm HE are simply fantastic in incapping, destroying gun mounts and various ship modules.

 

When we did Divisions and one of the members brought a Tier X CV, I was fond of taking Conqueror.  Sometimes our CV would ask "strip the AA off that Republique plz" and I'd comply :Smile_trollface:

Yeah, that sick feeling of losing your AA from a Conqueror and those torpedo bombers are doing laps around your BB.

Republique hates torps.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,890
[WOLFG]
Members
16,780 posts
19,407 battles
1 hour ago, Slimeball91 said:

Or just near the rear of the DD, that works too.  You got the laugh part right.

JB with HE and a reload booster leaves a DD stripped like a plucked chicken.

If it doesn't detonate :Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×