Sign in to follow this  
TheArc

Slot 5 Upgrade Questions about Consumables & Torp Lookout

7 comments in this topic

[FORM]
Members
1,944 posts
12,523 battles

I suck at using the search feature on these forums, and I couldn't find out any info so I figured I'd just ask about these two slot 5 upgrades: 

• Ship Consumables Mod 1 (+10% action time of consumables) 

Q1: So if your ship normal max heal is +1500 for 10 seconds, does it become a total +1500 for 11 seconds. So, new heal would be 16500 instead of 15000, is that right? 

Q2: I assume this is for all consumables, so laying smoke lasts longer, your radar lasts longer, your damage con lasts longer, etc. Right? 

• Torpedo Lookout System (Increases the assured acquisition range of torpedoes.) 

FWIW, I have had it on my Mass, says assured torp detection range is 1.8km.

Q1: Does that vary by the type of torp? I assume it does and that 1.8 is the absolute minimum... but how much benefit does it give to easier to spot torps?  I thought this was a %  boost to torp spotting, was it changed?   Is it a flat rate now? 

Looking at my YY it has torp det of .8km, Halland 1.8km, Daring 1.3... so would all 3 of those ships torps still show up at 1.8km to my Mass? Or would it vary like 1.8, 2.0, 2.4 (or whatever.) 

Q2: Also, does it stack with the 3pt captain skill "Vigilance" (+25% torp acquisition range)  to a 2.25 km range? 

Tnx.

• Cool 1

[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,838 battles
6 minutes ago, TheArc said:

I suck at using the search feature on these forums, and I couldn't find out any info so I figured I'd just ask about these two slot 5 upgrades: 

I couldn't find any info searching for them either. Very interested to the answers to this thread for that reason.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,564 posts
4,223 battles

Yes, the module increases the amount you heal each time.

Yes, radar, hydro, etc all last longer. Kind of exactly what the label says...

No. If a torp has a detection less than 1.8km it's detected at 1.8km. If the torp has a detection more than 1.8km you spot it at the detection range. Basically the closest you will spot a torp at is 1.8km. And yes, this module changed, it used to be different. But now it's basically just permanent 1.8km hydro.

All the torps you listed would pop up at 1.8km with the module installed.

No, it doesn't stack with Vigilance. The module just gives you a base assured detection. Vigilance does not not stack, just like it doesn't stack with hydro.

Neither of the modules are in most cases the ideal module though. The concealment module is much better for most ships. Definitely for almost all DDs (Khaba doesn't count) and cruisers. And most BBs. The extra duration isn't a huge difference for heals or radar, and on most ships where they would be useful the concealment module is even more useful. The Torp acquisition module is in the same boat, an extra few hundred meters doesn't give you that much more reaction time and so isn't as useful as the concealment module. So Concealment is still better in almost all cases.

[1984]
Members
4,450 posts
21,484 battles
26 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Yes, radar, hydro, etc all last longer. Kind of exactly what the label says...

No. If a torp has a detection less than 1.8km it's detected at 1.8km. If the torp has a detection more than 1.8km you spot it at the detection range. Basically the closest you will spot a torp at is 1.8km. And yes, this module changed, it used to be different. But now it's basically just permanent 1.8km hydro.

All the torps you listed would pop up at 1.8km with the module installed.

No, it doesn't stack with Vigilance. The module just gives you a base assured detection. Vigilance does not not stack, just like it doesn't stack with hydro.

Neither of the modules are in most cases the ideal module though. The concealment module is much better for most ships. Definitely for almost all DDs (Khaba doesn't count) and cruisers. And most BBs. The extra duration isn't a huge difference for heals or radar, and on most ships where they would be useful the concealment module is even more useful. The Torp acquisition module is in the same boat, an extra few hundred meters doesn't give you that much more reaction time and so isn't as useful as the concealment module. So Concealment is still better in almost all cases.

The most useful part of the concealment module is the added dispersion to incoming shells. This is what makes that mod pretty much universally used in its slot.

[FORM]
Members
1,944 posts
12,523 battles
1 hour ago, AJTP89 said:

No. If a torp has a detection less than 1.8km it's detected at 1.8km. No, it doesn't stack with Vigilance. The module just gives you a base assured detection. Vigilance does not not stack, just like it doesn't stack with hydro.

Thanks for the info and clarification. Surprised that Vigilance doesn't stack with it, but if it is limited enough to give a blanket value that means it would be extra worthless with it anyways.

1 hour ago, monpetitloup said:

The most useful part of the concealment module is the added dispersion to incoming shells. This is what makes that mod pretty much universally used in its slot.

Yeah. I only have these other two upgrades on two of my ships. The Torp Detect on my Mass, since she's so in your face already to get those secondaries pumping the value of being concealed isn't important (though the dispersion boost is missed.) And I run the consumable boost on my Conq. Since the heal is so absurd already, and I fight at such long range for most of the match already, I figure it's worth taking it.

But it certainly explains why I have the conceal on all my other ships... WG makes it very easy to decide which one has more valuable with so many of the upgrades. 

[OO7]
Members
481 posts
28,057 battles

The only useful upgrades in the 5th slot are the concealment and rudder shift upgrades. Some of the UUs are useful but beyond very niche builds, you shouldn't mess with the torpedo lookout and ship consumable upgrade 

[FORM]
Members
1,944 posts
12,523 battles
5 hours ago, eagle_lance said:

The only useful upgrades in the 5th slot are the concealment and rudder shift upgrades. 

Gotcha. It was the UUs that got me wondering about all of it.

Sign in to follow this