You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kraayt

Recommended CB ships this season?

16 comments in this topic

[BEARS]
[BEARS]
Beta Testers
297 posts
8,702 battles

Between changes to the composition of ships  (2 BB +/- 1CV), cyclone effects (range visibility changes) and some new vessels from which to choose, what thoughts on what will be preferred team builds?

Appears radar/sonar would be a no brainer when available, torp/aa DD's for heavy ship counters.

[PISD]
Members
1,680 posts
5,840 battles

Hard to tell.

CV: the German one may be the best one, tho Hakuryu will still be a solid choice.

BB: Ohio, Shikishima and Kremlin may be the best, tho Montana will always be a solid pick, and maybe the British one could be interesting since HE spammers are non existent almost and they counter well bow in BB/ Soviter CA.

CA: Stalingrad, Petro, Moskva in this order, with Des Moines in 4th. You can take on CL maybe, but I guess that the core will be those CA.

DD: Halland and Sommers for different reason.

[GRAVE]
Members
1,412 posts
19,878 battles

I feel like it’ll be very stale like last T10 season, only this time you add a Kremlin and swap a Haku for a Red Baron

[SALVO]
Members
25,838 posts
28,175 battles
29 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

Hard to tell.

CV: the German one may be the best one, tho Hakuryu will still be a solid choice.

BB: Ohio, Shikishima and Kremlin may be the best, tho Montana will always be a solid pick, and maybe the British one could be interesting since HE spammers are non existent almost and they counter well bow in BB/ Soviter CA.

CA: Stalingrad, Petro, Moskva in this order, with Des Moines in 4th. You can take on CL maybe, but I guess that the core will be those CA.

DD: Halland and Sommers for different reason.

Don't forget the FDR as a CV option.

[SALVO]
Members
25,838 posts
28,175 battles
10 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

I feel like it’ll be very stale like last T10 season, only this time you add a Kremlin and swap a Haku for a Red Baron

Ten, twenty, thirty, forty, fifty or more
The bloody Red Baron was rollin' up the score
Eighty men died tryin' to end that spree
Of the bloody Red Baron of Germany

• Cool 2

[F4E]
Members
256 posts
5,958 battles

+1 for the above poetry,

To add on to the second post, Venezia is a solid boat for CB, depending on cyclone frequency.

[SALVO]
Members
25,838 posts
28,175 battles
Just now, Glamorboy said:

+1 for the above poetry,

To add on to the second post, Venezia is a solid boat for CB, depending on cyclone frequency.

Actually, it's a snippet from the lyrics of a song in the 1960's.

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts

Ranked blows this season. My gosh. Can predict losses in about 3 minutes with no kills just looking at ship deployments. Played 6. Lost 4. Sniping Kurfs. Suicidal Hallands. Reversing Stalin's. Krems hitting angled ships for 55k 19km away.

Took out Nevsky. Bad. 

Took out Goliath. Hilariously bad. Got deleted in a single salvo 4 minutes into match. Still placed 3rd on a loss. See Kremlin complaint above.

Ohio did alright. Can't believe it doesn't punch harder but whatev's.

Saw some Minotaurs and Smolensk on top of charts.

Only had 1 match with carriers. I got torped by ze German planes for 4k. Lol. Not a problem.

Edited by thebigblue

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,501 posts
9,777 battles

Halland. Don't have to dodge CVs in queue, great torps, great guns, heal. Who the heck needs smoke anyway? :)

[ROXY]
Members
297 posts
18 minutes ago, vak_ said:

Halland. Don't have to dodge CVs in queue, great torps, great guns, heal. Who the heck needs smoke anyway? :)

I  rarely use take smoke when given the option because just about everything has radar these days...

[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
753 posts
13,978 battles

I'm not curtain I would play any DD with CV's plus Cyclones. Then you mix in a couple radars A DD might as well go into battle with their pants around their ankles just to be ready for it.  

Members
6,900 posts
21,408 battles

I would imagine that we could be at the point of saturation with CB's. From the outside it appears to be the same thing over and over. Basically the same clans reach their seemingly designated color, rinse and repeat. Argue about CV's and play the same 5 ships over and over.

[TSF]
Members
265 posts
12,961 battles
1 hour ago, GrimmeReaper said:

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. 

Made my day right there. 

Bless your soul.

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,501 posts
9,777 battles
1 hour ago, CHAOS_in_the_N1GHT said:

I  rarely use take smoke when given the option because just about everything has radar these days...

Exactly. And it's long-range RU radar too.

Smoke is valuable for well-coordinated team-play, but hey, we're talking Ranked here :Smile_smile: