Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

US BB Event Part 1 Progress Thread (PVE Thread)

66 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

9,664
[PVE]
Members
12,854 posts
26,831 battles

Wasn't around to start this when part 1 (ie; what we get this update - part 2 will be next update) of the US BB event started so it will be a little late and start with week 2...

Done. Now I can go finish off the directives in the final stage of the Dockyard which are in various stages of completion by finishing this one 1st. Won't take much to finish off the final 2 tasks here in week 2 of the US BB  event to get those tokens as well.

 

1.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,664
[PVE]
Members
12,854 posts
26,831 battles
9 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

@AdmiralThunder, do you ever sleep?  --or did you set your alarm clock to wake you after the server reset this morning? :cap_tea:

Started around 8AM. Wanted to give you all a head start. :Smile-_tongue:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
920
[CO-OP]
Members
2,284 posts
26,676 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Started around 8AM. Wanted to give you all a head start. :Smile-_tongue:

FWIW, since you're on Eastern Time, that's about an hour before I get up.:fish_sleep:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
817
[WOLF9]
Members
4,667 posts

  Part 2 didn't even start until this morning...  How the hell did you get it done already???

  I'm done with part 1.   Was just finishing up with the "extra" missions for the tokens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,664
[PVE]
Members
12,854 posts
26,831 battles
1 hour ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

  Part 2 didn't even start until this morning...  How the hell did you get it done already???

  I'm done with part 1.   Was just finishing up with the "extra" missions for the tokens.

Play the game...:Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,610
[WOLF8]
Members
7,625 posts
6,371 battles

Is it even worth doing the missions for the tokens? I heard that you can't get enough tokens for the special perma camo for Kensas, even if you complete every single event mission... and that you're gonna have to open your wallets for more tokens to grab the camo. :Smile_sceptic:

I mean, sure, you still get a free tech tree ship... but without a perma camo, I'd rather not bother, TBH. :Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,664
[PVE]
Members
12,854 posts
26,831 battles
1 hour ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Is it even worth doing the missions for the tokens? I heard that you can't get enough tokens for the special perma camo for Kensas, even if you complete every single event mission... and that you're gonna have to open your wallets for more tokens to grab the camo. :Smile_sceptic:

I mean, sure, you still get a free tech tree ship... but without a perma camo, I'd rather not bother, TBH. :Smile_hiding:

  • You need 18,000 tokens to get the Gold Eagle perma camo for Kansas.
  • You can earn 12,900 tokens by completing all tasks of the directives which gives the ship Kansas as the final reward
  • You need 4 bundles to get the camo if there is no way to earn more than the 12,900 (1500 tokens X 4 = 6000)
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,610
[WOLF8]
Members
7,625 posts
6,371 battles
2 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:
  • You need 18,000 tokens to get the Gold Eagle perma camo for Kansas.
  • You can earn 12,900 tokens by completing all tasks of the directives which gives the ship Kansas as the final reward
  • You need 4 bundles to get the camo if there is no way to earn more than the 12,900 (1500 tokens X 4 = 6000)

Thanks Admiral. I appreciate the details you provided. :Smile_great:

Oh well, I'm just gonna give up then. Even if the ship is technically free, it needs the perma camo to be economically usable... and I don't feel like burning doubloons on something that I'll rarely play, especially when it's a ship that doesn't jive well with the Coop gameplay. :Smile_sceptic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,664
[PVE]
Members
12,854 posts
26,831 battles
4 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Thanks Admiral. I appreciate the details you provided. :Smile_great:

Oh well, I'm just gonna give up then. Even if the ship is technically free, it needs the perma camo to be economically usable... and I don't feel like burning doubloons on something that I'll rarely play, especially when it's a ship that doesn't jive well with the Coop gameplay. :Smile_sceptic:

Do it anyway for the ship (flake events) and use the tokens to buy camos.

  • 20X Eagles = 1500 tokens (+100% XP/+75% Capt XP/+50% FXP). That will get you 160 camos with a few tokens left.
  • 20X Sharks = 1500 tokens (+100% XP/+75% Capt XP/+50% FXP). That will get you 160 camos with a few tokens left.
  • 20X Stars & Stripes = 1800 tokens (+125% XP/+100% FXP/+75% Capt XP). That will get you 140 camos with a few tokens left. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
920
[CO-OP]
Members
2,284 posts
26,676 battles
12 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Thanks Admiral. I appreciate the details you provided. :Smile_great:

Oh well, I'm just gonna give up then. Even if the ship is technically free, it needs the perma camo to be economically usable... and I don't feel like burning doubloons on something that I'll rarely play, especially when it's a ship that doesn't jive well with the Coop gameplay. :Smile_sceptic:

If nothing else they'll be worth 1000 credits each at the end of the event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,610
[WOLF8]
Members
7,625 posts
6,371 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Do it anyway for the ship (flake events) and use the tokens to buy camos.

  • 20X Eagles = 1500 tokens (+100% XP/+75% Capt XP/+50% FXP). That will get you 160 camos with a few tokens left.
  • 20X Sharks = 1500 tokens (+100% XP/+75% Capt XP/+50% FXP). That will get you 160 camos with a few tokens left.
  • 20X Stars & Stripes = 1800 tokens (+125% XP/+100% FXP/+75% Capt XP). That will get you 140 camos with a few tokens left. 

 

Well, it's not like I'm short on temporary camos... and I rarely use them anyway. Plus, as I mentioned, I really don't wanna grind for a ship where I have to pay for a perma camo, one way or another down the road.

I don't know why, but as soon as I learned that I can't get the perma camo without spending doubloons, I lost all drives to get the ship... lol. :Smile_hiding:

 

1 hour ago, HamptonRoads said:

If nothing else they'll be worth 1000 credits each at the end of the event.

I suppose... but I just don't feel like doing it for that either, lel. :Smile_hiding:

Edited by Blorgh2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,160
[SBS]
Members
6,123 posts
2 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Well, it's not like I'm short on temporary camos... and I rarely use them anyway. Plus, as I mentioned, I really don't wanna grind for a ship where I have to pay for a perma camo, one way or another down the road.

Look at it like this.  Play the game and get as far as you get.  You'll probably finish without too much trouble and get the ship.  Spend your tokens on the expendable camos.  You'll be able to get 160 camos with the tokens to use on your new Kansas, and that's probably more than you'll ever play the ship.  Plus these camos have better bonuses than the perma camo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,610
[WOLF8]
Members
7,625 posts
6,371 battles
3 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

Look at it like this.  Play the game and get as far as you get.  You'll probably finish without too much trouble and get the ship.  Spend your tokens on the expendable camos.  You'll be able to get 160 camos with the tokens to use on your new Kansas, and that's probably more than you'll ever play the ship.  Plus these camos have better bonuses than the perma camo. 

Yes, you're absolutely right. I can't agree more.

However, for some reason, I just can't get my motivation back up, after I learned that I can't get the perma camo without spending doubloons. Maybe I'll change my mind again, and get back into things tomorrow... lol. :Smile_hiding:

For Pete's sake, why does WeeGee have to make things so complicated like this... oh wait, that's right, dem sweet moolahs... lel. :Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,071
[FRR]
Members
820 posts

There was a time when I would eagerly finish each directive on the day it became available. It was like a race, a challenge to finish it immediately, and then share my progress here. 

That was then.

Now, I no longer do it. I realized I was putting unnecessary pressure on myself when the whole point of the game's directives is to enjoy doing it without racing to finish it. If there is progress, good. If none, no worries. Besides, WG has given us sufficient time to finish them all.

I find doing it nice and slow an infinitely better experience. Like making love—rushing through foreplay is questionable. Having said that, I went back to Narai and got these achievements which somehow completed some requirements. Made 25 citadel hits too.

1154337269_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2020_10.05-20_38_16_79.thumb.png.86e8a9edaf90ba5bb364d58e8e356ffc.png

851762283_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2020_10.05-20_38_26_68.thumb.png.53cbb0647250c0fabf61afbc39ff8762.png


I wonder if Florida is worth the money.

There was a game in Narai when a fellow player brought his shiny Florida, but Little Trouble had little trouble deleting him to oblivion even when he was angled. Perhaps he was not angled enough.

After a few rounds in Narai, I went to Random. Found myself in a very beautiful match. 

38946308_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2020_10.06-03_05_01_41.thumb.png.c01dd0cbc34a5e10235e4504bed3512d.png

22932676_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2020_10.06-03_04.54_04.thumb.png.9671e88b107008502bf06fef706bfcb7.png

I'll try to play Sinop and Scharnhorst later today in Narai. Two different battleships for Little Trouble.

:Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
72
[WOLFC]
Members
175 posts
17,109 battles
12 minutes ago, ArmoredFrostX said:

I wonder if Florida is worth the money.

There was a game in Narai when a fellow player brought his shiny Florida, but Little Trouble had little trouble deleting him to oblivion even when he was angled. Perhaps he was not angled enough.

I'll try to play Sinop and Scharnhorst later today in Narai. Two different battleships for Little Trouble.

:Smile_honoring:

I can't speak to "worth the money" since, as you have probably heard before, this is a highly personal call. I have a clanmate who currently regrets getting Thunderer, for example, whereas I think it might be the most OP ship I ever got with coal, FXP or even steel.

I can say that I've now had several decent games with Florida in Narai—most in the top half of the scoring. I also got deleted by the New York (I think) when I was trying to dash behind the harbor island and left too much side exposed. MO did pen me once from the front, but I also got a punishing broadside off on her so I'm going to call it even.

Florida should be played like Georgia, I think. It has decent gunnery but is not as resilient as other BBs particularly when up-tiered. It also shares Georgia's propensity to overpen cruisers with AP.

Overall, I feel like it was an okay purchase for Narai alone, and that's where it'll probably get most of its play time.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,664
[PVE]
Members
12,854 posts
26,831 battles
32 minutes ago, aardvark7734 said:

I can't speak to "worth the money" since, as you have probably heard before, this is a highly personal call. I have a clanmate who currently regrets getting Thunderer, for example, whereas I think it might be the most OP ship I ever got with coal, FXP or even steel.

I can say that I've now had several decent games with Florida in Narai—most in the top half of the scoring. I also got deleted by the New York (I think) when I was trying to dash behind the harbor island and left too much side exposed. MO did pen me once from the front, but I also got a punishing broadside off on her so I'm going to call it even.

Florida should be played like Georgia, I think. It has decent gunnery but is not as resilient as other BBs particularly when up-tiered. It also shares Georgia's propensity to overpen cruisers with AP.

Overall, I feel like it was an okay purchase for Narai alone, and that's where it'll probably get most of its play time.

Armor wise Florida reminds me of Champagne = very squishy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,664
[PVE]
Members
12,854 posts
26,831 battles

Week 3 done. Had a lot of IRL stuff to do today so it prolonged getting it done but I managed. Only things left are the 24 Million potential (have 16 million+ done) and the Cruiser damage mission. I will definitely finish both tomorrow for the extra tokens but the 6 tasks needed to finish the week are done.

WEEK 3.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,021
[WOLFG]
Members
11,100 posts
10,330 battles

Destroyed and fires done. 1/3 cruiser, 1/2 BB.  Pulled about 37K xp, 4 million credits, and like 13 mill PD.

I'll start the DD mission after I get the BB mission done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,485
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,708 posts
24,985 battles

It's very annoying that the Florida / Minnesota mission for this directive can be done in Operations.

1.  There are no Tier IX Operations for Minnesota to participate in.

2.  Tier VII Florida could do Narai, but Narai just went out of rotation not long ago.

 

Edit:  A stupid realization just hit.  I glanced to remind myself of the end reward for all this:  Kansas.

I already got like 400k or 500k XPs on Colorado.

 

I don't need to beat my genitals with a rusty meat tenderizer for this.  My LOLORADO is already good to go to unlock Kansas.

A burden has been lifted off my shoulders.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
218
[WOLF9]
Members
984 posts
21,611 battles

Done with step 3.

I have about 80k FXP on my Colorado, but I just don't want to deal with that speed any more.  I will be getting enough of it in a few weeks when Kansas creeps out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,664
[PVE]
Members
12,854 posts
26,831 battles

Update:

Finished off the last 2 unfinished tasks (even though I completed stage 3 yesterday). Cruiser damage and 24 Million Potential tasks in stage 3 now done so all tasks stage 1-3 done and all tokens possible gathered. 

So if I gather all the tokens possible next week (final week) it will give me 16,250 on hand. There is supposed to be a special mission this weekend, like last, that can earn more. I got 3150 last weekend. IF this weekend's is the same it will give me 19,400.

That is short by 5,600 for the Minnesota Gold Eagle camo and way short (need another 30K on top of that) for the Vermont Gold Eagle camo. At 1000 Doubloons to buy 1500 tokens it would be 24,000 Doubloons to get the extra needed for those 2 camos. That is almost $100 USD. NOT happening! Even I have to balk at that price tag. Wow! :cap_wander_2::cap_fainting:

WG has lost their mind in this one. Items are way overpriced. I spent too much already just getting through Florida and I already have the free EPOCH camo I earned on Minnesota anyway. Really I only wanted the Vermont camo. Guess I will pass at any further spending unless this coming weekend drops a LOT more tokens than I expect. Will use what tokens I end up with towards Stars N Stripes camos. I can get over 200 of them with the tokens I will end up with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,021
[WOLFG]
Members
11,100 posts
10,330 battles
2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Items are way overpriced.  

^ This is no cap.

(amazing what you learn from your children)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
920
[CO-OP]
Members
2,284 posts
26,676 battles

Just finished part 3.  I'm starting the battleship mission, and need another 10M potential damage to finish off all of the tasks.  Should be finished with the potential damage mission tonight, and probably the 2.4M damage tomorrow night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
817
[WOLF9]
Members
4,667 posts

I didn't really pay much attention to this, yesterday as I was concentrating on  5 Epochs  and the dockyard.    Started making slow but steady progress on the CA citadel mission- and all it took was playing the hell out of Pensacola (and Indy) to do that 5 E campaign, lol.   I'd have gotten MORE citadels, but apparently the bots got sick of my $hit, because they started coming AFTER me  every game, lol.   And, as we all know, Pensa really doesn't like being shot at much.

  The BB missions just kinda worked on themselves in the background.  I haven't even looked at them yet- just the progress bars in the after action reports.   I have gotten the last token bundle before the Kansas camo.   Don't want the ship, so the came is useless to me.  The tokens earned from here on will be used to stock up on Stars and Stripes camos.    No free early release ships for me, this event.   Not biting on any more the doubloons bundles, either.   Got a couple, but decided they just aren't worth the asking $.

  I still want to know what WG has against my US DD's starting fires...  Blanked again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×