You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Clan Battles: "Northern Waters" Season

32 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,252 posts
14,691 battles

The Eleventh Season of Clan Battles—"Northern Waters"—kicks off during Update 0.9.9.

Read it on the portal
  • Cool 2

[GULF]
Members
6 posts
3,637 battles

If i put a Captain on one fo those "rented" ships because i dont have it and pay for the retrain, the GK for example... Will i need to retrain him for EACH match? Not thinking on moving him back to any ship during the rental period... and even after... he's Pommern's captain

And when i get my real GK... will i need to retrain that captain?

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,566 posts
21,005 battles
31 minutes ago, Nachopz said:

If i put a Captain on one fo those "rented" ships because i dont have it and pay for the retrain, the GK for example... Will i need to retrain him for EACH match? Not thinking on moving him back to any ship during the rental period... and even after... he's Pommern's captain

Rentals ships act like premiums for the purposes of captain retraining. He will function at 100% on the rental, and retain the same specialization he had coming in, when you send him to another ship.

Bonus info: You can tell when a ship will act this way by the icon in front of its name. Tech tree ships have white icons, premiums have gold icons with gold wreaths, and "special" ships with white icons but gold wreaths act like premiums without baked-in econ bonuses.

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,287 posts
19,916 battles

ARE YOU READY FOR PETROPALOOZA? FEEL THE BALANS

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[1984]
Members
4,457 posts
21,505 battles
25 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

No, but i’m ready for the nerfs they will announce once the season is over.

• Cool 2

[NOCAP]
Members
60 posts
13,819 battles
1 hour ago, Cit_the_bed said:

But...but.....DD's are coming back!! :eyeroll:

[DPG]
Supertester
721 posts
17,539 battles

Really appreciate the addition of mercenaries this season. 

Glad to see WG trying something to help limit the perma spotting problem of CV's especially with the smaller teams of clan battles. 

The cyclones will hamper and restrict some ships strengths of accuracy at range, like Yamato. As such I don't think it was the best choice available, as some ships will become sub optimal to play. Battleships that aren't the best at the closer ranges, and Closer range engagements usually mean less light cruisers also. 

A Better option I think would be to add a radar like delay to team spotting from aircraft, 6 seconds may not sound like much, but that would allow dds to get smoked, cruisers to get into defensive angling and such before the cv team mates would see the target and focus fire them. 

The very Best for clan battles to help support flanking tactics, light cruiser and destroyer survivability would be mini map only spotting for aircraft team mates when the target ship has not been spotted by surface ships. This would allow the cv to freely attack, but no big piling on by his team mates. 

Alternatively, if WG thinks that is too much a spotting nerf, remove spotting ability of fighters, so only strike aircraft and spotter aircraft would be able to spot. Along with the radar like delay would add a decent quality of life improvement to competitive battles with cv's 

The members of my clan are still very Apprehensive the effect of CV's in clan battles, the richtoven ap rockets are insanely strong against the kind of island camping cruisers to deny a flank that has been traditionally seen in clan battles. And the fact that so I little of that citadel damage can be healed. Time will soon tell if our worries are valid. 

Good luck to all who participate this round. It looks to be more experimental than most. Let's hope much good comes from our combined efforts playing this season. 

• Cool 1

[MR-1]
[MR-1]
Members
1,549 posts
21,189 battles

Please note: upon the reversion to standard time, the Prime Times for the EUand NA servers will move one hour forward.

bare in mind Europe changes there clocks a week or two before us 

so an hour earlier than we used to be. . If so then I miss half of clan battle time because I won’t be home from work when it starts 

and a lot of players on the west coast will be effected also

Edited by Gaelic_knight

Beta Testers
4 posts
8,506 battles

@Hapa_Fodder

Can yall PLEASE start giving us the season maps without extra stuff on top of the actual map?  A lot of clans like to use external tools/paint/whatever to design strategies.  I enjoy the work the art team does, but we need just the maps with a standard scale and nothing else.

• Cool 2

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,844 posts
17,399 battles
5 hours ago, Cit_the_bed said:

It’ll be like the prior CB’s. There will be two or three ships that become the staple. Last season was Graf Spee. Season before that was the Venezia and a Halland/Smaland.

[NOCAP]
Members
60 posts
13,819 battles

What would be MORE helpful...

Put the CB Cyclone in the Training Room so we can practice in actual conditions.

[DPG]
Supertester
721 posts
17,539 battles
4 hours ago, Gaelic_knight said:

Please note: upon the reversion to standard time, the Prime Times for the EUand NA servers will move one hour forward.

bare in mind Europe changes there clocks a week or two before us 

so an hour earlier than we used to be. . If so then I miss half of clan battle time because I won’t be home from work when it starts 

and a lot of players on the west coast will be effected also

I Feel your pain - we have a mix of members on the east and west coasts - makes it challenging to form consistent teams - too early for west coast, too late for east by the end of the evening ...

(helpful hint for these forums when copying and pasting multi colored text - when you right click - instead of just " paste " - choose "Paste as plain text" will make it all more readable black  ) 

3 hours ago, themanwithanrx7 said:

@Hapa_Fodder

Can yall PLEASE start giving us the season maps without extra stuff on top of the actual map?  A lot of clans like to use external tools/paint/whatever to design strategies.  I enjoy the work the art team does, but we need just the maps with a standard scale and nothing else.

This would be Invaluable , we would use it as would many others 

[HUNK]
[HUNK]
Members
26 posts
4,448 battles

How do we join as a mercenary? Do we just sign up for a time like normal and join a queue? Our clan is only 4 players and we all would like to dip our toe into clan matches

[KSD]
Members
73 posts
9,173 battles
4 hours ago, Nachopz said:

I got the rented GK but it seems i cant put any camo on it....?

Rentals can’t use camo

[DOG]
Members
13 posts
8,349 battles

I must say that with the patch work and fixes with the updates the game as been much more cooperative in the last few days I also want to commend GC on an outstanding layout of exciting things for this month with all the higher tiered ships and skins and all the upgrading and to actually get to particape in clan battles, i for one and am sure many more mid tiered players can thank you for making this a very festive fall season

• Cool 1

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,287 posts
19,916 battles

They raised cyclone spotting to 14km at the last minute, what's the point of even having a cyclone?

[COMRD]
Members
182 posts
4,990 battles

Who the hell is going to get up at midnight to play WOW????

Oh, ok then.

Edited by Admiral_Hippo

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,287 posts
19,916 battles
54 minutes ago, Admiral_Hippo said:

Who the hell is going to get up at midnight to play WOW????

\

That's in GMT 

[RGPLT]
Members
669 posts
17,755 battles
23 hours ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Why bring an inferior ship when you can bring Stalingrad?

[DPG]
Supertester
721 posts
17,539 battles
On 10/6/2020 at 4:26 AM, Cit_the_bed said:

They raised cyclone spotting to 14km at the last minute, what's the point of even having a cyclone?

What they are trying is to reduce CV aircraft effective spotting - the planes only spot to 8km during the cyclone  - time will tell if this helps enough with the near perma spotting CV's provide in a 7v7 battle mode 

-----------------------------------------------

Something I would request of WG is that progress towards daily missions be included when playing clan battles. Randoms/coop/operations and ranked all count, but not clan battles.   the days we play 4+ hrs of clan battles, and make no progress towards daily missions , the extra 1.5 - 2 hrs 4x / week to finish dailies is impossible some nights, and the daily chain rewards are actually becoming quite decent with RB points, Steel, port slots and such - I understand a victory gives a lot of basexp in CB's(so do ranked battles and operations) , but losses give very little, so the number of games to get through dailies should be similar,   and after all, the idea of daily missions is to get players into the game every day right? 

Clan Battles should contribute - Please 

Edited by Karandar
  • Cool 2