You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Off to a Great Start

7 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,169 posts
18,803 battles
3 hours ago, Turbotush said:

Hacks! <O

LoL...there is a terrain hack built in.  For those who don't know, the game will autorange over terrain when terrain obscures your reticle and you have a target locked.  You still gotta have a good lateral lead, but your longitudinal does not need to be perfect in order for the game to deliver a perfect longitudinal aim point.  There is a longitudinal offset where you can lose this autorange, but as long as you are reasonably close, WOWS does the rest for ya.

Also, for those who wonder why I zoom in and out...and in and out.  It's sort of an automatic Situational Awareness thing I do.  I don't even notice I do it anymore.  Just part of my automatic style of play.  The first ten seconds of this video shows how it works in action.  I was lining up targets downrange, while also going through my zoom in and zoom out regime.  Note that on my zoom out at around ten seconds, the CA appeared in my view...resulting in my immediate change in target and the snap shot opportunity.  An opportunity lost without the zoom out.  I also knew there was a cruiser over there because of the last sighted position.  I just didn't think he would poke out like that, so I really wasn't looking for him, but when he appeared I was like...damn...get that one.

I also have a MM scan rate, but not at the same frequency as the zoom in/out.  Probably would have missed the opportunity relying on the MM scan.  

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[TWFT]
Members
1,421 posts
39,052 battles
20 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

LoL...there is a terrain hack built in.

LOL!  I know.

Soshi, you are the last player I would ever think of using "hacks".

:Smile_honoring:

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,169 posts
18,803 battles
5 hours ago, Turbotush said:

LOL!  I know.

Soshi, you are the last player I would ever think of using "hacks".

:Smile_honoring:

You must have seen me shoot at some targets....I still occasionally really mess up the lead and/or along track.  Not just a few off...but a complete whiff.  Of course, I'm not going to put together a one minute video showing a whiff.  But when I connect with three cits...yeah....let's post THAT one.  

Newbies out there:  You see this videos showing these triple cits, and watch in awe.  That's OK...what you don't see is the ten or twenty times this situation crops up and it's a whiff.  Play enough, and you'll have your moments...some from skill...and some form the RNG gods...mostly a bit of both.

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Cool 1