You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SmithWinston_655321

How do I complete the Five Epochs Collection?

33 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
69 posts
20,075 battles

I just completed the final task in the Five Epochs campaign.  I have only 14 items collected and 5 duplicates.  I am short 11 to complete the campaign.

?????How do I complete it?  There are no more boxes in the remaining sub tasks that I elected not to do.  They only provide flags.

I don't get it.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,711 posts
24,985 battles

I completed mine already, but I think they sometimes drop with Daily Containers.  We've had past collections do that.

Also, just to be sure, you can use your duplicates to unlock a collection item.  Just click on the uncollected item there and a prompt will come up to spend 1 duplicate to get that 1 collection item.  I know it sounds obvious, but we have had veteran players in the past not realize one can do that.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[POP]
Members
4,745 posts
12,813 battles
5 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I completed mine already, but I think they sometimes drop with Daily Containers.  We've had past collections do that.

The five epochs items only drop from the event crates, but the campaign drops all the crates you need to complete it.

• Cool 1

[CO-OP]
Members
2,284 posts
26,696 battles

Make sure that you complete tasks 1-3 on each of the individual sections.  These will give you a container.

• Cool 3

[PVE]
Members
7,238 posts
23,105 battles
2 hours ago, SmithWinston_655321 said:

I just completed the final task in the Five Epochs campaign.  I have only 14 items collected and 5 duplicates.  I am short 11 to complete the campaign.

?????How do I complete it?  There are no more boxes in the remaining sub tasks that I elected not to do.  They only provide flags.

I don't get it.

That must be tough Nigel...only 5...when it should go up to 11 :-0

• Funny 1

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,108 posts
11,024 battles

As someone pointed out earlier, there are 30 total containers to earn. Missions 1-3 each award a container. 3x5 mission sets equals 15 containers. You also get a containers for completing each final task times the level of the task, so the level 1 final task awards one container, while the level 4 final task awards four. 1+2+3+4+5=15, and 15+15=30. Also, there were unlockable missions with codes that could unlock base XP missions that would awrd extra containers, there were three or four of these, but they were extra and not needed to complete the collection. If you have only 19 pieces of the collection, you have skipped a lot of containers along the way.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
69 posts
20,075 battles
8 hours ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

As someone pointed out earlier, there are 30 total containers to earn. Missions 1-3 each award a container. 3x5 mission sets equals 15 containers. You also get a containers for completing each final task times the level of the task, so the level 1 final task awards one container, while the level 4 final task awards four. 1+2+3+4+5=15, and 15+15=30. Also, there were unlockable missions with codes that could unlock base XP missions that would awrd extra containers, there were three or four of these, but they were extra and not needed to complete the collection. If you have only 19 pieces of the collection, you have skipped a lot of containers along the way.

So the "rewards for completing the task" that shows only some flags is not accurate?  There are also containers that will be given for compleating EVERY task?    

I skipped some as I no longer wish to run BB or CV much.  

Can I repeat tasks to earn additional containers?

[-TKS-]
Members
1,265 posts
9,844 battles
3 minutes ago, SmithWinston_655321 said:

So the "rewards for completing the task" that shows only some flags is not accurate?  There are also containers that will be given for compleating EVERY task?    

The top row of challenges rewards containers. You can repeat challenges. You can’t get more containers by repeating the same challenges. You might be overlooking a challenge or two That has container rewards.

• Cool 1

[DOG]
Members
714 posts
12,759 battles
6 minutes ago, SmithWinston_655321 said:

Nope, but you can repeat tasks to earn more stars (as credit towards completing the final task).

[ARGSY]
Members
22,223 posts
16,189 battles
1 minute ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

I sense some degree of misunderstanding going on here, but I can't quite pinpoint what it is.

Agreed. I finished this thing on Friday, and I wanted to do that before I wrote a guide for it (so I could say "been there, done that" with complete honesty). He was talking about this in my Weekend Spree post as well, and I suspect I'm going to have to do a YouTube vid on it to make it unmistakably clear what needs to be done.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,571 posts
14,440 battles
15 minutes ago, SmithWinston_655321 said:

11 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

The top row of challenges rewards containers. You can repeat challenges. You can’t get more containers by repeating the same challenges. You might be overlooking a challenge or two That has container rewards.

Not the top row, but only Tasks 1 through 3 of each set of missions/tasks provide Five Epochs event containers.

The OP has to go through and find enough of those and complete those tasks.

Beta Testers
69 posts
20,075 battles

"Not the top row, but only Tasks 1 through 3 of each set of missions/tasks provide Five Epochs event containers."

Yet I have completed the first tasks 1-3 on all 5 missions.  Yet I have only 14 containers.   I am still at a loss.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,223 posts
16,189 battles
1 minute ago, SmithWinston_655321 said:

"Not the top row, but only Tasks 1 through 3 of each set of missions/tasks provide Five Epochs event containers."

Yet I have completed the first tasks 1-3 on all 5 missions.  Yet I have only 14 containers.   I am still at a loss.

Without actually getting into your account, which is against Terms of Service, I can't help you. If you have finished task 1 to 3 of all five missions, and the final mission as well, you should have all thirty pieces. Even if you have duplicates, you should have a total of thirty confirmed pieces plus dupes.

Silly question: have you opened them all yet?

[DOG]
Members
714 posts
12,759 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Even if you have duplicates, you should have a total of thirty confirmed pieces plus dupes.

That's the nice thing about this one - the duplicates can be used 1 for 1 to buy the ones you are missing. Open the collection and look for the duplicate count under the items collected count:

image.png.5cce06a76b22602d56a0441139d2945d.png

You can also just click on any uncollected item and you will get this dialog

image.png.66308e7f55885702b7bc4e4bb9ed935c.png

Since I have already used mine duplicates up I have none in inventory. 

Beta Testers
69 posts
20,075 battles

SILLY ANSWER - NO!   Lol   

EPIC FACEPALM

So it shows I dont have them, yet I do.  I don't open my containers typically unless I want to be getting free days of premium (because I plan on being home and playing a lot).  Its so tedious to open them all.

Thanks!  Man, I feel dumb.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[ARGSY]
Members
22,223 posts
16,189 battles
7 minutes ago, SmithWinston_655321 said:

I don't open my containers typically unless I want to be getting free days of premium (because I plan on being home and playing a lot).  Its so tedious to open them all.

In that case yeah, unless you really need those T9 camos NOW, save them up for when you can best use the premium time.

• Cool 1

[A-I-M]
Members
3,571 posts
14,440 battles
7 minutes ago, SmithWinston_655321 said:

SILLY ANSWER - NO!   Lol   

EPIC FACEPALM

So it shows I dont have them, yet I do.  I don't open my containers typically unless I want to be getting free days of premium (because I plan on being home and playing a lot).  Its so tedious to open them all.

Thanks!  Man, I feel dumb.

There is also an “open all containers” button to relieve the tedium.

[DOG]
Members
714 posts
12,759 battles
Just now, SmithWinston_655321 said:

Yes, Manny, I do that, and wait until there is a pile of them.  That is what caused this confusion.

Yeah, I tend to open mine as I get them.  If you let them accumulate you can't pick and choose which ones to open and there's no UI to see what you have.  Could be improved upon.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,223 posts
16,189 battles
Just now, dashtardly said:

Yeah, I tend to open mine as I get them.

I do as well, but that's because (a) I like to record the results for each and (b) I run permanent premium time (arrrrr, there be whales!) and it just adds on to the end; I don't need to fret about when I get it. For someone who doesn't, and who wants to choose their time to use it most effectively, I can well understand keeping them for later.