You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ELiTEsKiLLDeSTRoYeR

WoWs White POLYGON glitch with CV Planes

51 comments in this topic

Members
56 posts
825 battles

Please watch the attached video, what effects are different for aiming with bombers/fighters as opposed to torp bombers? Torp bombers once fired for aim WORKS GREAT...the others do not.

9800gt is above min specs (8800gt is min) but when you play cv, they are bugged. Huge white pyramid when trying to aim with planes...only torpedo aim works when clicked, rest are huge white polygons and bring fps down to 10 from 60-70.

I reformatted my pc, installed newest drivers for my card, so I know FOR SURE it is not my PC's issue anymore.

Really miss playing CVs :( the new CVs used to work, its an update within the last year that broke them for us people on DX10-11 older cards.

So yeah fix CV bug or make minimum specs higher, my pc is amd phenom 9550 x4 @ 2.3ghz, 6gb ddr2, 9800gt 512mb gddr3 pci-e 2.0 -- rest of game runs great at 40-80 FPS. very playable, just CVs are broken.

No way I can record gameplay at 50-70 fps and not be able to handle running the game without a screen recorder on...

FRESH REFORMAT, FRESH INSTALL OF WINDOWS AND WORLD OF WARSHIPS, I went over my ISP data cap because i reinstalled game 6x trying to fix this bug......

(bumped and edited after doing more testing/research)

wowscvgitch.png

Edited by ELiTEsKiLLDeSTRoYeR
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
732 posts
6,016 battles

It's clearly the hand of God reaching down from the clouds to bless your endeavours in his most glorious Aircraft Carriers as you blow his enemies into tiny pieces in his mercy. 

Apart from that, I don't know. Sorry. 

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,334 posts

You aren't the first person I have seen complaining about this same bug with this patch.

Members
56 posts
825 battles
5 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Your graphics card is definitely not up to snuff and I don't know the AMD CPU's so can't say about that but you are overdue for an upgrade.

https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/10288/

Minimum

• Processor (CPU): Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz, Intel Core i3 2.5 GHz, AMD Athlon II X2 2.7 GHz
  • Active Memory (RAM): 2.5 GB
  • Graphics Card (GPU): NVIDIA GeForce GT 440/GT 630, IntelHD 4000, AMD Radeon HD 7660
  • Screen Resolution: 1280x720
  • Audio Card: Compatible with DirectX 11
  • Internet Connection: 1 Mbps

So i have over the min requirements, im also on win7 64bit, no win10 resource hog.  I can run Paladins, Smite, LoL, Valorant, CS GO, etc just fineeeeeeeeeee.

I get 60-80 FPS in this game also.
    image.thumb.png.dad7a29f4e1903a3957371bb8df1a380.png

image.thumb.png.9c4c07c701a87faa5de304cde54d07ac.png9800GT is better than the GT 440.

also my phenom is better than the min amd cpu.

so?

wowscvgitchspecs.png

Edited by ELiTEsKiLLDeSTRoYeR

Members
56 posts
825 battles
5 hours ago, HyperFish said:

It's clearly the hand of God reaching down from the clouds to bless your endeavours in his most glorious Aircraft Carriers as you blow his enemies into tiny pieces in his mercy. 

Apart from that, I don't know. Sorry. 

XD thanks hahahha

Members
56 posts
825 battles

image.png.ced93885803685d246d46c6111e84213.png

Well glad I did the benchmarks because they gave me this answer which is not true. It worked FINE before, now its just broke?  Yeah okay.

Sent reply showing them my specs are 15-17% above minimum, u think I have an Intel HD4000 gpu or less? LOL.

• Meh 1

[FOXY]
Members
1,211 posts
5,765 battles

Might not be much help, but ive seen something similiar once, and it was the early stages of my graphics card failing. It affected one game and one game only(Guild wars) for nearly a year before it showed up in other games. Dunno if its the same here.

Members
56 posts
825 battles
6 hours ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Might not be much help, but ive seen something similiar once, and it was the early stages of my graphics card failing. It affected one game and one game only(Guild wars) for nearly a year before it showed up in other games. Dunno if its the same here.

Nah I don't think so.  little known fact but my Uncle has a PhD in Physics, works in Sillicon valley, he said computer parts are designed to last a minimum of 20 years.  I mean it could be a possibility but every other game runs just fine....

• Meh 2

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,334 posts
6 hours ago, ELiTEsKiLLDeSTRoYeR said:

Well glad I did the benchmarks because they gave me this answer which is not true. It worked FINE before, now its just broke?  Yeah okay.

Sent reply showing them my specs are 15-17% above minimum, u think I have an Intel HD4000 gpu or less? LOL.

Yeah that's not right.  Like I said, I have seen other people, in battle chat, complain about the exact same type of graphical problems in this patch.  Maybe try the bug report sub forum?

[GLF]
Members
1,075 posts
17,624 battles

Hope you get it sorted out.  But for now, I'd kinda like to know when you're planning on being in queue for battle... :Smile_hiding:

51 minutes ago, ELiTEsKiLLDeSTRoYeR said:

he said computer parts are designed to last a minimum of 20 years

I'm sure anyone that owned a new HP laptop between 2004-2007 would be happy to argue with you.  lol. 

Edited by AnimaL21

Members
56 posts
825 battles
3 hours ago, AnimaL21 said:

Hope you get it sorted out.  But for now, I'd kinda like to know when you're planning on being in queue for battle... :Smile_hiding:

I'm sure anyone that owned a new HP laptop between 2004-2007 would be happy to argue with you.  lol. 

LOL i hate HP laptops always go out on me...but laptops aren't as durable...you always are carrying them around / moving them -- desktops usually last much longer.

[WOLFX]
Members
37 posts
6,992 battles

Support could be right.

With 9.9 they are moving to only support Directx 11.

We've seen drops in game client performance and aiming reticle distortions on devices with graphics cards that don't support DirectX 11 features. For this reason, we are discontinuing support for graphics cards that don't meet the minimum system requirements.

List of unsupported graphics cards

Support for the macOS operating system will cease with the release of Update 0.10.0. We made this decision due to the low popularity of this OS among our players. Supporting macOS restrains our ability to improve the visuals of the game and its overall performance.

More details are available in this article.

Your card, though it claims to support Directx 11, doesn't really fully support it it seems. Maybe this is parts of Direct x 11 that your card can't handle well and causing the graphical glitch.

Even though it supports DirectX 11, the feature level is only 10_0, which can be problematic with many DirectX 11 & DirectX 12 titles.

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-9800-gt.c635

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,729 posts
17 hours ago, ELiTEsKiLLDeSTRoYeR said:

Hey all --
Yes I have an old PC, 9800gt 512mb PCI-e, 6gb ddr 2, and amd phenom 9550, win7 64bit.

I used to play the new carriers back when i played, i recently came back but i get a big white triangle pyramid glitch with planes.......only torp bombers when you attakc does it show the normal attack indicator....other planes...just a big blotchy polygon.

ive tried reinstalling, ive tried tons of diff settings, nothing fixes it.

Any ideas?

(this is a ss that isn't as bad as it is, if i go fighter/bomber, a white TRIANGLE/PYRAMID goes up about 1000 feet in the sky and makes my fps go from 50-60 to ... 10.

HELP :(

wowscvgitch.png

I replaced my old 6850 with a new RX 570 and it made a world of difference. However, I noticed that last night while playing a CV I got some noticeable stutter. My connection tested OK and nothing was changed from the last time I played a CV before the patch so it may have been due to some graphical changes in the patch. I will have to lower my graphics and test this.

Your video card is probably not up to snuff for the game any more and may be failing too. I'd suggest upgrading it if your power supply can handle a new card. I've been pleased with the 570 in my AMD system, which is similar to yours.

Edited by Snargfargle

Members
56 posts
825 battles

If I force update my drivers to the newest (newest 9800gt without force is 2016...) do you think it may solve it?

Do you think its a graphic card limitation or a driver limitation due to new directx 11 updates?

[V1LIN]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,375 posts
12,933 battles

I would suggest trying the game again after the upcoming update and see if it is resolved. If it continues then IMO it is time to upgrade to a DX11 card. You can find used ones relatively cheap.

Members
1,834 posts
11,835 battles
On 10/5/2020 at 2:07 AM, ELiTEsKiLLDeSTRoYeR said:

So i have over the min requirements

No you don't. The game requires DX11 but your card only supports DX10. The 9800gt came out in 2008 so it might be time to upgrade.

• Cool 1

Members
56 posts
825 battles
6 hours ago, Rouxi said:

No you don't. The game requires DX11 but your card only supports DX10. The 9800gt came out in 2008 so it might be time to upgrade.

my drivers are from 2016 with dx11....

It worked great the entire time I played before, came back after year break was wanting to rock the new cvs (i did before and they worked fine....only been gone maybe 6 months.) now ive tried everything. steam version, full driver wipe reinstall, reinstalled wows like 5 times.

dx11.png

• Meh 1

Members
56 posts
825 battles

that video up above idk why its black but i was spectating cv planes and recording at 60 fps just fine because i dont see the constant aiming thing which for me is a big white polygon of lag........its something to do with that.  torpedo bombers snap out of it when i dive but the rest are still bugged cant fly

[CHBK]
Members
1,041 posts
3,938 battles
On 10/5/2020 at 4:33 AM, ELiTEsKiLLDeSTRoYeR said:

As far as I am aware WG updates the graphics as time goes on.  Just because it worked a year ago doesn't mean it will today and you are running some dated hardware.  

Your GPU is straight up artifacting, that is not a "bug". 

"It worked FINE before, now its just broke?  Yeah okay."

Dude, you are using a 12 year old graphics card.  The other consideration is your GPU or PSU is failing.  Computer parts don't last forever and 12 years is a hell of a good run.

I mean I had a PSU fail (conveniently as I got a new game).  I was "sure" it was the game.  Turns out no, my PSU was just failing and no longer providing enough power to my rig to play games, it just first manifested at a time I thought was way too much of a coincidence.  Some games my computer would hard reboot, some I would just experience artifacting and slow downs.

Replaced the PSU and all the issues disappeared.

Edited by Taco_De_Moist
  • Cool 1