You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
YBlud

I'm Done

135 comments in this topic

[SIMP]
Members
1,747 posts

4+ years = 5 posts.

Seems odd that he didn't have more input until now.

EDIT: as many folks seem to think I am being negative with my reply - far from it. Why didn't the OP who clearly has a lot of battle experience, come to the forums to ask for advice about this problem (or weigh in on the CV issue) before simply posting an "I quit" thread? There are a ton of people here who could have helped - and can still help. All he has to do is ask. :Smile_Default:

Edited by capncrunch21
  • Cool 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 24

Members
236 posts

Just take a break like I’m doing. You’ll be refreshed in a month or two, or maybe you find something more interesting.

I really wanted to grind for the Anchorage but just didn’t have motivation, too burnt out.

Take a break.

[O_S_D]
Members
180 posts
19,883 battles

FDR is way overpowered, I agree. Never should have been released like this. The only good news is it is for steel and few will have it, as well, few ppl play tier 10 cv's, so they will have to wait in que and hopefully your team has the

FDR.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[BEA5T]
Members
6,804 posts
34,337 battles
13 minutes ago, YBlud said:

I'm not a great player or anything, but for what its worth- after 4+ years, 12k+ games, and who knows how much money spent, I'm done with this game. I've been gritting my teeth with the OP cv play for months now and I don't see any reason to hope there will any significant change to game play, indeed just the opposite. The final straw came this evening when I was targeted by an FDR in my JB. What a total joke, in two passes, less than 30 secs of gameplay, a healthy JB just disappeared. Oh but I did shoot down 4 or 5 planes, whoppee. This OP cv play has been going for months now and I've studied the "how to" counter act aircraft tactics etc. I pay for and equip AA flags and spec ships to counter aircraft all for naught. Play bbs and you shoot down a few more of the unlimited aircraft but you cant maneuver enough to avoid anything. Play cruisers and you can dodge the first pass but not the second and oh you've lost any concealment you might have had. On and on... I used to really enjoy this game and the historic ships you get to play. I enjoyed the folks in my clan, the community (casters and etc), and most of the people I played with, but its just not any fun anymore knowing there's absolutely nothing I can do to counter a barely competent cv player. My thanks and best wishes to the players and community...

I can relate to the CV misery.  Many of us said screw this crap and retired to COOP.  The serious part of this game is gone so............why not just blow crap up !  So, retire to COOP and join the rest of us whom have stopped spending, only play for fun and, goof around killing BOTs.......

Randoms and Ranked are non value added.........and COOP is a hoot.  Simple choice and we've talked a few "left the game" players into COOP.   As the saying goes:  "Try it, you'll like it !"

• Cool 16
  • Boring 2

Members
691 posts
18,760 battles

Carriers have never been more useless then since patch day. My carriers all want to go backwards with auto pilot. Even my surface ships do all kinds of crazy instead of just going places normally on auto pilot. There are all kinds of bugs with how cv's play right now. Your making mistakes and crying about things you don't understand. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,198 posts
28,855 battles
45 minutes ago, YBlud said:

I'm not a great player or anything, but for what its worth- after 4+ years, 12k+ games, and who knows how much money spent, I'm done with this game. I've been gritting my teeth with the OP cv play for months now and I don't see any reason to hope there will any significant change to game play, indeed just the opposite. The final straw came this evening when I was targeted by an FDR in my JB. What a total joke, in two passes, less than 30 secs of gameplay, a healthy JB just disappeared. Oh but I did shoot down 4 or 5 planes, whoppee. This OP cv play has been going for months now and I've studied the "how to" counter act aircraft tactics etc. I pay for and equip AA flags and spec ships to counter aircraft all for naught. Play bbs and you shoot down a few more of the unlimited aircraft but you cant maneuver enough to avoid anything. Play cruisers and you can dodge the first pass but not the second and oh you've lost any concealment you might have had. On and on... I used to really enjoy this game and the historic ships you get to play. I enjoyed the folks in my clan, the community (casters and etc), and most of the people I played with, but its just not any fun anymore knowing there's absolutely nothing I can do to counter a barely competent cv player. My thanks and best wishes to the players and community...

4+ years.

Over 12k battles.

Not In clan.

Only 5 posts....

Maybe if you were in clan you could have gotten help.

Maybe if you had visited forums.....

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 16

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,167 battles
44 minutes ago, capncrunch21 said:

4+ years = 5 posts.

Seems fishy that he didn't have more input until now.

Not really; 95% of the player base never even read the Forum posts.

• Cool 14
  • Meh 1

[BS]
Members
2,044 posts
12,698 battles
4 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

4+ years.

Over 12k battles.

Not In clan.

Only 5 posts....

False equivalency... He was fine until the FDR showed up. CV annoyance isn't equivalent to what it used to be with that thing flying around now. Even Richthoven is kinda crazy.

People can handle Hakuryu level CV [edited], above and beyond that, jesus.

EJ

• Cool 5

Members
1,376 posts
46 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Play a Massachusetts and CVs become something to look forward to.

image.thumb.png.a21510b7966bd74ba92dc50f60a29ee8.png

Sorry but Jean Bart's AA is just as strong as Massachusetts'. Strong AA is one of high tier French BBs' trademarks too.

Edited by Singularity_invader

Members
603 posts
53 minutes ago, YBlud said:

less than 30 secs of gameplay

This statement alone proves that you're lying.

I'm not going out of my way defending the FDR because I do have my own reservations about this CV.  I do NOT like people blatantly lying.

The FDR's planes are slow and the current change of the rapid de-acceleration of the engine boost means that it would've taken a lot longer than 30 seconds of gameplay for the ship to even reach you.  The cooldown between attacks is 20+ seconds alone.  I can't remember the exact amount of time but its high, very high.

56 minutes ago, YBlud said:

What a total joke, in two passes

56 minutes ago, YBlud said:

a healthy JB just disappeared

The only aircraft that can potentially do enough damage to kill you in two passes is the Dive Bombers.  It's under the assumption that none of the bombers missed and none of the bombs shattered.  You would have to made yourself an extremely easy target, probably stationary, to have this happen.

The torpedo bombers come very close to doing the full health of a JB, not taking torpedo protection in account, but you would've had to have taken flood damage, not used a heal or repaired, etc.

I'd consider yourself lucky that you even shot down 4 or 5 of FDR's aircraft.  I think they have the most health, surpassing the RN's CV's.

I haven't played the FDR, probably never will.  It seems to be tailored to going after the larger ships, BB's to be exact, and I do feel it needs to have the health of its aircraft reduced and possibly other changes.

I feel that you're not telling the whole story.  That's fine.  It doesn't matter anymore cause you said you're done.   Bye.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Meh 12

Members
1,376 posts
49 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

I can relate to the CV misery.  Many of us said screw this crap and retired to COOP.  The serious part of this game is gone so............why not just blow crap up !  So, retire to COOP and join the rest of us whom have stopped spending, only play for fun and, goof around killing BOTs.......

Randoms and Ranked are non value added.........and COOP is a hoot.  Simple choice and we've talked a few "left the game" players into COOP.   As the saying goes:  "Try it, you'll like it !"

With how "casual" the majority of players are these days, co-ops aren't always fun either. I've had full human teams losing to bots every now and then, and I would end up killing 4 or more ships, yet still unable to save the game.

• Cool 1

[ARR0W]
Members
5,973 posts
32,064 battles
28 minutes ago, Singularity_invader said:

Sorry but Jean Bart's AA is just as strong as Massachusetts'. Strong AA is one of high tier French BBs' trademarks too.

There is no meaningful AA. Thinking there is means you just havent met the right CV players. 

Edited by Pugilistic
  • Cool 4
  • Boring 3

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,167 battles
19 minutes ago, HeadSplit120 said:

I feel that you're not telling the whole story. 

Have you played against one? I have, and watched as the driver made repeatedly made 10 and 12 K HP passes against tier 9 and 10 cruisers and BBs on my team. And that's not 10 or 12 K for the squadron, it's 10 or 12 K with each run. So when OP says his BB was defeated in 2 attacks I do believe him.

If you haven't played against one, kindly show enough respect to keep quiet until you have, because the ship is seriously OP.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[WORX]
Members
16,913 posts
22,074 battles

From what I can tell (always suspicious about these threads), from the date of this post..

• OP registered in 2016, However...
    • He was not active until 2 years later..
  • The records are unclear
    • There is no record of him leaving the clan.
    • There is no rerecord of him entering a clan.

Other then that, It can be a an alt acct.

OP, if you're not happy in the relationship then good on you in pulling the plug...

I wish you well in your next game of choice... I rather leave on a happy note...

GL

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Boring 1

[ARR0W]
Members
5,973 posts
32,064 battles
43 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Not really; 95% of the player base never even read the Forum posts.

There's this. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
10,587 posts
31,028 battles
1 hour ago, capncrunch21 said:

4+ years = 5 posts.

Seems fishy that he didn't have more input until now.

53 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

4+ years.

Over 12k battles.

Not In clan. (Maybe he quit his clan to open up the space for a new member seeing as he is quitting)...Edit: OK...if Navalprides data is correct guess this is moot).

Only 5 posts....

(Oh dang...just realized I was ninja'd by HorrorRoach)

"For steel only" (aka...unicums probably) FDR didn't show up until "just now".

OP has obviously been annoyed w/CVs before now but outright blatantly deleted by a unicum in 2 passes is a new (& understandably rage inducing) occurence for him maybe.

1 hour ago, MackDye said:

Carriers have never been more useless then since patch day. My carriers all want to go backwards with auto pilot. Even my surface ships do all kinds of crazy instead of just going places normally on auto pilot. There are all kinds of bugs with how cv's play right now. Your making mistakes and crying about things you don't understand. 

Please see "unicum" analogy above...you may be the one not fully understanding the situation.

You've obviously been amongst the "annoy"ing types (mentioned in the analogy) before but a unicum in a (probably a bit OP due to "new for steel only premium balancing") CV concentrating on just you is a completely different experience.

(Ninja'd by HorrorRoach)

@HeadSplit120...being new to the forums he may be using the term "gameplay" to mean "after 1st encounter".

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[BLNCE]
Members
13,459 posts
44,054 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

Play a Massachusetts and CVs become something to look forward to.

image.thumb.png.a21510b7966bd74ba92dc50f60a29ee8.png

No they dont become something to look forward to. I have shot down 50+ planes in Mass on several occasions, and not one of those was a fun match. CVs just suck the fun out of everything.

• Cool 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1