You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Weekend Spree, 2 to 4 October 2020.

20 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
22,383 posts
16,264 battles

Finished the Five Epochs campaign and collection. (There are enough containers within the campaign mission to finish the collection; the duplicates are exchanged one for one, so you can't not have enough.) It's nice to be able to ignore high tiers for a bit with that done.

Did Naval Battles and cleared my 10 tasks.

Got about 20,000 BXP of the 30,000 that the Gothic Camo mission requires. It will be good to be able to ignore German ships when that mission is done.

Pushed the Minotaur UU grind (yes, I'm still chipping away at that despite getting Minotaur sometime early last year, LOL) a little further.

Had a couple of really good DD games in Randoms. Won one, lost one. Came top of team in that second one; ambushed and killed the other team's two top BXP scorers, but alas we were already too far behind for that to make a difference. Both battles will eventually appear on YouTube.

Played around with Streamlabs OBS, trying to bring a couple of old-favourite games to heel and be streamable. You might not always see me playing WOWS!!! (No, that doesn't mean I'm giving up this game.)

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 5
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

Members
3,887 posts
14,032 battles

Didnt get a chance to play. Had a busy weekend, good to take a break every now and then.

Had a private helicopter land on property today (scheduled), that was interesting to watch.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
4,672 posts

Ground the hell out of the missions,  I didn't play Friday, just never got around to it.

Sat I spammed games until like 1 in the AM.   I had so many missions nearly done, that it was "Okay another game or two and I'll have this one done.   Well- looks like I'm about to finish THIS one, to, so..."

Transformers- done!

Stage 1 of 5 Epochs?  done!

Stage 2 of 5 Epochs, 2/3 done.

2 dailies away from finishing the next  step for RP's.

Directive 5 of the dockyard: 1 out 0f 6 done, but 5 or 6 others almost there.

stage 1 of the US BB mission:  Done!

Also got Florida.  Just because it looked interesting.  Like Alsace's long lost kid brother who ended up in America, lol.

Most was done playing cruisers, as they seem to be the most consistent in Co-op right now.    Also started the BB mission in stage 5.

Sun I'm about to log on now, lol!

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
22,383 posts
16,264 battles
4 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Sat I spammed games until like 1 in the AM.   I had so many missions nearly done, that it was "Okay another game or two and I'll have this one done.   Well- looks like I'm about to finish THIS one too, so..."

Sounds like me on Friday night! :Smile_izmena:

I was tempted to finish the Benson grind and grab the Fletcher, but then I told myself "Do you REALLY need another Tier 9 destroyer? If you want Fletcher guns and hull, you have the Black. Leave it and don't bankrupt your credit stock for the third time in three months." Anchorage will cost nearly 4 million to fit out with upgrades when she's bought; Kansas will eat up just over another 4 million once her captain transfer is figured in, and I'm sort of glad that I won't have to find the nearly 7 million it would have taken to kit out the Minnesota for a while.

Just those two ships alone will eat up just over half of what I have now. And then there's what will happen if they bring back the Flint and Neustrashimy any time soon, and Paolo Emilio will cost another nearly 7 million if I end up FXPing my way to her. And that's without touching even a single tech-tree grind! :cap_fainting:

Members
383 posts
15,196 battles

Finished the 4th stage of the Epochs missions and started on the 5th stage today (tasks 1 & 2 so far), as well as trying to finish the Dockyard stage before the last one unlocks tomorrow.  Still need one more task (the base experience one), so will have to finish it hopefully tomorrow.  Got a California in a SC late last week, so played that a little when working on the above tasks, mostly in coop.  Did play a few randoms and had my usual 45%-50% success (I'm strictly mediocre).

Also found out I had neglected to fit out my Benham while playing for the flooding/fires task by US/German DDs. So did that, which was quite costly in credits (but it plays much better with the slots filled).  Still have 297 million credits, but I like to keep it around 300 million to give me wiggle room for my next tech-tree ship(s) (hopefully another TX in one of my lines sometime in the near future).

Edited by chrisope
  • Cool 1

[TIMT]
Members
1,124 posts
4,481 battles

Fell back significantly in ranked.

In randoms my average winrate took the greatest hit in a looong time.

I really ask myself if I am still enjoying this game, or whether it is more habit and borderline addiction at this point.

• Sad 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,168 posts
22,715 battles

Working on Shima UU and decided to push past Rank 11. Made it to 9 and now at 10/3 (again). Shima now on stage 2 of 5.

Started last stage of Epoch campaign.

Played a lot of Narai getting north of 300k Free XP by the end of the weekend (loaded up on flags and cammo). Looking at Free XP'ing a line to work on Paolo Emilio but want to wait and see what next patch brings to armory. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,198 posts
10,553 battles

I played a few more matches in Ranked to get to rank 10 and am now 5 for 5. Maybe I should just quit now?

Finally got enough coal for Pommern (I used my coupon on Thunderer at the beginning of last patch) and in her second battle in Coop managed to break the elusive 1k base xp barrier. I think I got her figured out (it helps that she’s based so heavily on FdG, which I performed quite well in) and I really like that she seems to perform just as well with secondary and tank build captains. I’ll start taking her into randoms soon.

And I also won a tier IX premium in a giveaway on stream today. Naturally, it was the day after I spent more than 200k coal on the tier IX I’ve been eying since its release. :Smile_teethhappy: So, I will soon be the owner of a shiny new Friesland. I do love my gunboat destroyers. :cap_rambo:

22 hours ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Also got Florida.  Just because it looked interesting.  Like Alsace's long lost kid brother who ended up in America, lol.

I’m very disappointed that the only way to get Florida is through random bundle shenanigans or direct cash purchase. I recently came into possession of 30k doubloons (30% off coupon) and was hoping WG would follow the recent pattern of also making new ships directly available in the Armory at list price. She’s an interesting ship and a cool “what-if” design, being based on the original North Carolina design before the US invoked the escalator clause of the Second London Naval Treaty.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
4,826 posts
21,183 battles

I was done with the EPOC last week.  All mission were done before Friday.  So, I just played for EXP using the Munchen and then mixing in other 19 point CPT'd ships....  At 2.6 million EXP and will stop saving at three.  After that is accomplished, I want to start working on the UK Cruiser line.  At the Fiji, a ship I like a lot but, want the Mini........ 

Played Narai in the Munchen and had 12 kills and it works quite well on the transport side of the Scenario !!!  Not as good as my Flint, but....not too shabby.

After that, I'm not a US main so the BB event is just for free stuff that happens to fall my way.......  I'll only get what the event offers and call it a day.......

Hunting season in open so, there are more important events starting Monday:  Turkey is week One; Elk in New Mexico is week two; wild boar/pigs is week three through five; and then, Deer starts several weeks later.  So, not too much WoWs.......!  By passing Pheasant this year (counts are way down...) and a lot of cotton is in this year......  I need to find something between Pigs and Deer.....? 

Have fun and good hunting and I'll be thinking of you all while hunting !!!

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
69 posts
20,183 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Finished the Five Epochs campaign and collection. (There are enough containers within the campaign mission to finish the collection; the duplicates are exchanged one for one, so you can't not have enough.)

I just completed the final task in the Five Epochs campaign.  I have only 14 items collected and 5 duplicates.  I am short 11 to complete the campaign.

?????How do I complete it?  There are no more boxes in the remaining sub tasks that I elected not to do.  They only provide flags.

I don't get it.

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
604 posts
12,380 battles

It was a productive weekend.

Finished the Five Epochs Campaign

Finished the UU missions for Yamato and Minotaur (my last one)

Unlocked and purchased the Udaloi. Looks to be a good Co Op boat.

Went 19-1 in random/ranked matches Sunday--Note this comes after a 2 week run where MM was not my friend, or my play really sucked or more likely both :)

Finished Stage 5 of the Dockyard

Made it to Rank 9 (highest I have ever achieved in regular ranked. Stopping there)

Members
1,268 posts
9,898 battles

Finished DY Directive 5 and set myself up to finish the Epoch Campaign later today. Probably going to put the two camos on Kitakaze and Jutland respectively, though I may put the camo on Minnesota instead. Had a traaaaaaaash game in Edinburg followed up by a tremendous game on Massachusetts on Sunday; just goes to show how much playing a ship you know inside and out makes. Mostly though I’ve been grinding out Zara in Operations; hopefully by Wednesday I’ll have enough xp to move on to Amalfi.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,383 posts
16,264 battles
7 hours ago, SmithWinston_655321 said:

I just completed the final task in the Five Epochs campaign.  I have only 14 items collected and 5 duplicates.  I am short 11 to complete the campaign.

?????How do I complete it?  There are no more boxes in the remaining sub tasks that I elected not to do.  They only provide flags.

I don't get it.

Did you finish tasks 1, 2 and 3 in ALL the missions? If not, then you haven't got all the crates you need.

Beta Testers
69 posts
20,183 battles

I just checked.  I did compleat tasks 1-3 in all 5 missions.  

Are you saying it's only tasks 1-3 that have crates?  

None of the other tasks I skipped show crates as rewards, only flags.

Cant find the ones I need to do to get the last 11 crates.

[DOG]
Members
714 posts
12,778 battles
Just now, SmithWinston_655321 said:

I just checked.  I did compleat tasks 1-3 in all 5 missions.  

None of the other tasks I skipped show crates as rewards, only flags.

Cant find the ones I need to do to get the last 11 crates.

Tasks 1-3 have crates as the reward PLUS the final task gives crates (it's an increasing number  - the higher the stage the more crates).

[ARGSY]
Members
22,383 posts
16,264 battles
6 minutes ago, SmithWinston_655321 said:

Yes. 

1 crate from each of 1 to 3 over all five missions = 15 crates.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5 crates IIRC from the final task in each mission = the other 15.

I'm not near the game right now, but I will check tonight and re-count, and take screenshots if necessary. There should be 30 crates available overall. 

I pulled two extras from Twitch missions and had two spare at the end.

Beta Testers
69 posts
20,183 battles
24 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yes. 

1 crate from each of 1 to 3 over all five missions = 15 crates.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5 crates IIRC from the final task in each mission = the other 15.

I'm not near the game right now, but I will check tonight and re-count, and take screenshots if necessary. There should be 30 crates available overall. 

I pulled two extras from Twitch missions and had two spare at the end.

OK, more oddness!

I have completed all 1-3 and all 5, and I see how each one shows it rewards a container.  YET I HAVE ONLY 19?!?

Is this a bug?  Whom do I contact?

[WOLF9]
Members
4,672 posts

Sunday eve I knocked off the rest of what I had nearly done, and put a chunk on the totals for the  BB main battery hits and 50k base xp missions in Directive 5.

After a dozen or so games, I quickly lost interest- due to the rampant 4 minute games...   Makes grinding tasks like those miserable, and even grindier than they already are.    I'm just so tired of DD's and torp cruisers dominating every single match...

When matches DID last a bit longer, they were fun and exciting fights!   One particularly profitable game was on Shatter.  I was in Repub, and spawned a trifle late.   When I got in, the others who'd spawned out on the left with me were either dead; dying; or had fled for the other flank.   This left me alone to face 2 CA's  and 3 BB's!  Luckily, someone was trying to cap B- so they all headed there.   Leaving themselves wide open to my guns!    I charged right in, so my secondaries could get in on the fray.   MAN, what a scrap that was!    I ended up knife fighting with the red Lion in the middle of the cap, and tearing it apart.   Came VERY close to 200k in damage, with 250+ secondary hits and 5 fires.    I could watch my damage inflicted total go up and up and up, like the total on a gas pump, lol.    I thought it was going to be an average damage game, due to only using my forward turret for 2/3 of it- but the secondaries on this ship are wicked, and contribute heavy damage if given the opportunity.   The other 2 matches I played in it were more of the same:  free for all brawls vs enemies within secondary range.  ALL ended with high damage totals.

Trashing a Yamato in a 1 on 1 brawl was another enjoyable highlight.

And then the torpedo spammers came out of the woodwork.

makes me want to go to Randoms and Ranked, and play horribly there- just to return the favor  for people destroying co-op games to grind torp missions...

I also  went ahead and bought Ohio.   Not too shabby!   I'm using my 19 point North Carolina  survival spec commander on it.    This freaking ship is another beast from hell!   Can't wait for a bot CV to discover me, so I can see what the AA can do.   I noticed that it has the 3"/50 AA guns from DM/Worcester- along with the Bofors, Oerlikons, and 5"  that festoon the decks of all the other US BB's.   Until I get my Monty back, I guess  I'll "make do"  with this, lol.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,383 posts
16,264 battles
44 minutes ago, SmithWinston_655321 said:

OK, more oddness!

I have completed all 1-3 and all 5, and I see how each one shows it rewards a container.  YET I HAVE ONLY 19?!?

Is this a bug?  Whom do I contact?

Note to others replying to this guy; he sorted the issue out elsewhere. Winston, you might want to edit this post of yours to clarify the fact.