Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Wowzery

Didn't Notice

9 comments in this topic

Members
4,548 posts

To power through the 50k base XP mission I've been doing random and coop.

Because I'm switching I forget when I launch the game which one I'm in.  Had one game, loaded up and it was 9v9.  Thought, okay, in a coop, full speed ahead and sink the bots.  Wasn't until I was at the end of the game that I realized I wasn't fighting bots, but humans.  Was in a random game.

My first clue was my team turning tail and not crossing the halfway point of the map.  Nor did they aggressively follow when the red team retreated.

To be honest, it was probably a potato red team, but I think the bots would have provided more of a challenge that game.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,606 posts
4,237 battles

I'm pretty sure that WG bots, especially the more advanced ones in Operations, are better than a good portion of the playerbase. It hasn't been tested, but it wouldn't surprise me if a bot team would beat a potato human team by playing the objective.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,917 posts
25,163 battles
3 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

I'm pretty sure that WG bots, especially the more advanced ones in Operations, are better than a good portion of the playerbase. It hasn't been tested, but it wouldn't surprise me if a bot team would beat a potato human team by playing the objective.

We already know how that goes.

Already, there are a rare few player teams that will lose vs all Bots in Co-op.  A number of players are just that bad that they struggle against bots.  I still remember watching a North Carolina player somehow allowing a Bot Mogami to charge him from long range, get to his sides, and torpedo the sh*t out of him :Smile_teethhappy:

When I watched it from the center of the map with mild amusement, I thought, "I hope he realizes Mogami has A LOT of torpedoes."  He just kept on charging, couldn't hit the bot.

But usually in Co-op there's enough competent players that 98% of the time it's going to be a win for the players.

Operations Bots aren't impressive.  They are scripted, just as predictable as the Co-op ones.  The only difficulty comes is when WG makes the Operation stupid by design, not because the bots are actually good.

[FOXY]
Members
1,211 posts
5,765 battles
12 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

They absolutely can. Theres a reason ive "only" won 97% of my matches in COOP. Between green bots being objectively more dumb than the red ones, and players who may as well *be* green bots..sometimes a hard carry isnt enough.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,606 posts
4,237 battles
18 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

We already know how that goes.

Already, there are a rare few player teams that will lose vs all Bots in Co-op.  A number of players are just that bad that they struggle against bots.  I still remember watching a North Carolina player somehow allowing a Bot Mogami to charge him from long range, get to his sides, and torpedo the sh*t out of him :Smile_teethhappy:

When I watched it from the center of the map with mild amusement, I thought, "I hope he realizes Mogami has A LOT of torpedoes."  He just kept on charging, couldn't hit the bot.

But usually in Co-op there's enough competent players that 98% of the time it's going to be a win for the players.

Operations Bots aren't impressive.  They are scripted, just as predictable as the Co-op ones.  The only difficulty comes is when WG makes the Operation stupid by design, not because the bots are actually good.

12 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

They absolutely can. Theres a reason ive "only" won 97% of my matches in COOP. Between green bots being objectively more dumb than the red ones, and players who may as well *be* green bots..sometimes a hard carry isnt enough.

Yes, but the Coop bots right now aren't the smartest bots WG has. WG tried to introduce a higher AI, but the Coop people threw a fit because they had to think now and WG removed them. But they still exist, you can get them in the training room. And these high level bots are what I'm talking about when I say the bots are probably better than a good chunk of players.

[FOXY]
Members
1,211 posts
5,765 battles
3 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Yes, but the Coop bots right now aren't the smartest bots WG has. WG tried to introduce a higher AI, but the Coop people threw a fit because they had to think now and WG removed them. But they still exist, you can get them in the training room. And these high level bots are what I'm talking about when I say the bots are probably better than a good chunk of players.

Tbh i wouldnt mind coop having harder bots, if they changed a few things about it.

Full sized teams, full exp and credit awards and green bots not taking torpedo damage from allies like red bots do is, all it would take for me. I wouldnt mind loosing some matches either.

Kind of upset that the of coop being challenging was on the table and refutted. Tis a shame, and i had no idea about the harder bots.

Edited by Princess_Daystar

Members
4,548 posts
32 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

I was in a T5 battleship.  That's how bad that red team was.

[PVE]
Members
1,469 posts
41,406 battles
1 hour ago, AJTP89 said:

When ONE DD can chase 4 bots out of a cap they are not smarter just chicken. 

If I want to see that kind of play I will go play random.

Members
4,548 posts
13 hours ago, cecill611 said:

When ONE DD can chase 4 bots out of a cap they are not smarter just chicken. 

If I want to see that kind of play I will go play random.

In coop, you have one bot which will ram that DD instead.  Usually just as I'm lining up my shot to finish it off.

• Confused 1

Sign in to follow this