You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
fredsfamily2

USS Arizona

11 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Members
572 posts
1,562 battles

Do everything to protect your ammunition/powder magazines.... dont want to recreate Pearl Harbor again lol:Smile_trollface:

(It’s a joke)

Edited by Boomer625
  • Meh 1

[WOLF1]
Members
572 posts
1,562 battles

I remember people have run/recommended  Priority target, AR, FIre Prevention, Expert Marksman, Basics of Survivability or Vigilance

Edited by Boomer625

[META_]
Members
1,660 posts
17,317 battles
43 minutes ago, fredsfamily2 said:

just got the uss arizona and was wondering how to setup my commander he has 14 skills to use any help would be great ty and be safe

I have a cpl vidwos on the Arizona on my youtube channel Meta_Man2002.....one is called life of a mid tier battleship,  the other is something with Arizona in the name....my 14 point would be PM,EL, EM,SI,CE...thats 11then its kinda on you where you want to go from there...just how I build her

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

Personally, I'd set up my first 12pts this way, and then wait for the next 3pts to add Basics of Survivability:

Capture.thumb.JPG.503e6039f231d321229caadcadede445.JPG

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,367 posts
22,207 battles

Pt

Ar

Si

Ce, Fp

First 14 points

[GRETA]
Members
1,270 posts
10,160 battles

Congratulations on your new ship!  Arizona was one of my first new premium ships and is a great ship.  Her strength is her accuracy and her caliber.   Her guns are excellent for killing cruisers and smacking broadside bb's.  The caliber of her guns is less likely to over pen cruisers but has enough pen to reach the citadel on most broadside bb's you may face.  As a result they will not pen the nose of more heavily armored ships so you will need to know when to switch to HE.

Her biggest weakness is her typical American lack of speed at lower tiers.

Build your modules and captain around her guns.  Build concealment to help disengage (because she is slow).

I would suggest; 

Pt - know when you are being shot at

El - because knowing when to switch between he and ap AND being able to do it quickly is a must in this ship

Ar -increases your damage output as your health goes down

EM - helps get your guns on target,  quite often you will find cruisers going in and out of detection and being able to rotate your guns in time to punish them is invaluable 

Si - extra heal

CE - helps disengage 

That's only 13 but they are the necessary 13 for this ship imo.  For the rest, build it around your playstyle.  As long as you don't push them into SE you pretty much can't go wrong.

For equipment I recommend mam1, dcsm1, mbm2 (you can go with plotting room for more range but T6 maps rarely leave you too far away from targets), dcsm2.

[APES]
Members
1,008 posts
6,589 battles

My commander skill on USS Arizona. This uses only 14 points. The Expert Loader (EL) is helpful for blasting DDs with HEs, especially when there is no support from CA/CL teammates. That said, I would still recommend sailing with teammates as much as you can. Don't think you can overcome a DD just because you have EL.:fish_cute_2:

1.thumb.png.840261e066e6ee5d29aaa74983c12656.png

Also my last match's replay (in Arizona!) to wish you all a merry Christmas!